Las Vegas Open Preview Stream - January 18th/19th

Educated guesses - 

40k: whatever's next on the already revealed Codex schedule after DA 

Kill Team: rumoured DEldar Mandrakes and full set that includes the already revealed Night Lords

Heresy: plastic Solar Auxilia army reveal (at long last!) 

I wonder if we'll get all three models at were teased before, the ones for Orks, Custodes and Kroot. For kill team I'm guessing Mandrakes as were rumoured and the box they'll come in with the Nightlords. 

Not super invested in this preview but it would be cool to see if Kroot get a decent helping of models, supposing they show anything at all for them. Solar Auxilia will also be neat to see.

Always a fan of cool familiars and such with characters so hopefully that sphinx cat goes with something I'd be interested in, maybe an Inquisitor? Most likely underworlds though.

26 minutes ago, firestorm40k said:

Educated guesses - 

40k: whatever's next on the already revealed Codex schedule after DA 

Kill Team: rumoured DEldar Mandrakes and full set that includes the already revealed Night Lords

Heresy: plastic Solar Auxilia army reveal (at long last!) 

I think this is probably closest to what we'll get on the 40k/HH/Kill Team. I doubt we'll have any surprises...unless they give DA one more character. 

I realise there probably isn't going to be any LI reveals at LVO but will future LI reveals be under the HH logo or will they be under the actual LI one? I can't recall what they did for AT or AI.

I hope they show the HH command squad - looking forward to seeing that.

5 minutes ago, Marshal Rohr said:

This is the Age of Sigmar 4th Edition box set reveal isn’t it? Can’t imagine each other system will get much air 

It won't drop for another 6 months ISH (usually new Eds are June-July) and we've still got another campaign book or two with a Goode few faction minis to be previewed yet. I don't expect anything to show up in Previews until maybe April/May?

17 minutes ago, Marshal Rohr said:

This is the Age of Sigmar 4th Edition box set reveal isn’t it? Can’t imagine each other system will get much air 

AoS 4.0 will probably reveal at Adepticon in March.

This show will probably announce a fifth book in their Dawnbringer narrative series. (The second book was focussed on Order, third on Destruction, and upcoming fourth on Death. While not announced, it's extremely likely there will then be a fifth book focused on Chaos and the end of the series.) There might also be more stuff coming with the fourth book, as IIRC they've only shown off one model for it so far.

//

I'm excited for Kill Team to get back on track (Mandrakes, maybe a "coming sooner than you think"?), Orks codex (only expecting single model), big Solar Aux' reveal for 'Heresy, rumoured more-vampires for Underworlds (the previous Crimson Court is fantastic), and I guess some elves and spooky ghosts for Warcry?

Edited by LSM

I'm a bit surprised epic and ow aren't on there just to get roadmaps, I guess they'll do a mass roadmap reveal later in the year?

6 minutes ago, son of the forest said:

I'm pretty sure ow got mentioned in the video

Nope, the same 6 in the graphic were mentioned in the vid. 

23 minutes ago, Noserenda said:

I'm a bit surprised epic and ow aren't on there just to get roadmaps, I guess they'll do a mass roadmap reveal later in the year?

I don't think Legions Imperialis needs a roadmap. It will get a new model revealed every few weeks on Heresy Thursdays and after enough models have been revealed they will be released together with an expansion book with their rules, probably every 6 months. The only thing they could even show on a roadmap is when the next expansion book will be released and I don't think its worth the risk with delays to even show that.

Horus Heresy - Is probably the Solar auxilia full reveal. one of the last scheduled winter releases for the B&C settings.

40k -

I dont think we see kroot yet, with a full new army (HH), a full new unit ( KT ) and quite the AoS exposure, I think 40k itself may have one model shown. ( Ork... or Krieg solo "special" miniature that will break peoples hopes for the moment ) and/or likely a Warzone campaign book. ( Cacharadon was march, but if I remember correctly it was supposed to be a january release... and while they dont have to do things like before, I believe those warzone books are still supposedly tied in with seasonal game support like crusade right ?)

I wonder if they revisit Armageddon for this one.

Kill Team -

Mandrakes (likely), I do agree with those that hope they stay faithful to the resin ones... the only thing I dont really like about those is their weapons.

But on the other hand, from a KT POV, I hope they dont pull a Striking scorpions... wich is my fear a bit.

Like some other drukhari elements, Mandrakes represent a "race" with their own dominion, not just a unit in fluff, and while its perfectly fine for 40k to just have the one unit, for a kill team you can delve deeper. Though a warcry approach would be the better one in this case. ( 5 mandrakes core and the rest filled up with more characterish elements and aelindrach shadow daemons.) Im really curious to see what they'll do with them, and very prepared to be "dissapointed" from a KT pov... even if its still a win on the 40k side.

I also think these two rumor engines might be associated. ( wich hardly stills my weapon issue or KTness worry.)

Spoiler

2023-04-18.jpg

2023-09-12.jpg

The rest is offtopic, but the cat is a must have for me.

As for roadmaps, I think any that went to spring at least dont get a new roadmap yet, they are good for another 5 months.

A kill team roadmap is a little bit redundant, unless they start to tease factions as they always do with WHU and warcry.

edit:

Added to the Warzone speculation... Valrak had a rumor about several inquisition boxes wich is one reason why he believes the redacted codex is imperial agents. I myself doubt that speculation part.. but there is little reason to question the boxset rumors, as I think his boxset sources are usually correct. ( but not always as exciting as his speculation and selfhype makes them out to be ;) )

In addition he mentioned 2 chaos boxsets. ( one with the jump pack chaos lord and a more daemonic focused content.)

Those rumors always struck me as odd... putting 2 new single model releases in 2 different boxes when the codex comes goes very far.. even for GW.

If the next warzone theme follows up where Arks of Omen ended : Inquisition gearing up to go after Vashtorr. That would be the perfect narrative to release several Inquisition boxsets and a pre-codex chaos themed boxset (as well as timing it with the deathwing assault boxset)... but not necessarily always with new content. I could see warzones come with a handful of limited combat patrol boxes. ( with non limited combat patrol rules.)

But thats just some wild theory.

Edited by TheMawr

1 hour ago, Matrindur said:

I don't think Legions Imperialis needs a roadmap. It will get a new model revealed every few weeks on Heresy Thursdays and after enough models have been revealed they will be released together with an expansion book with their rules, probably every 6 months. The only thing they could even show on a roadmap is when the next expansion book will be released and I don't think its worth the risk with delays to even show that.

How is that different to essentially any of GWs games? Epic fans deserve to have some structure to the year as much as anyone else does :D 

The 40k piece has to be good. The game has felt like it is stagnating- other than the Leviathan minis getting release as separates, there hasn't been a lot of activity on the 40k side. Sure, Scorpions, one dude for Admech, one dude for Necrons... But mostly MTO rereleases of old stuff.

17 minutes ago, ThePenitentOne said:

The 40k piece has to be good. The game has felt like it is stagnating- other than the Leviathan minis getting release as separates, there hasn't been a lot of activity on the 40k side. Sure, Scorpions, one dude for Admech, one dude for Necrons... But mostly MTO rereleases of old stuff.

It's going to be either Custodes, Orks or maybe a reveal of kroot...but that last one might be more of an Adepticon thing. Thanks to the road map, we do know what 40k stuff is in the running for reveals. Kill Team is where there's surprises to be had (aside from Mandrakes, but there's still 2 boxes in the season)

1 hour ago, ThePenitentOne said:

ahem.. 3 dudes for necron, but probably one of them used mind-time control so you forget about him and the other phased away ;)

Im not disagreeing with the thought though.

40k is losing GWs attention/focus to Legion imperialis, the Old world and AoS end of edition campaign that absolutely humbles last years 40k end of edition campaign in terms of accompanying releases ( in general 2023 AoS was closing on double the amount of kits 40k got).

Its not just about releases, its even more about general focus, stockage etc.

It doesnt really help that, alot of the 10th releases are near 1:1 updates of stuff everybody knows.. thats not necessarily  bad, as it also updates alot of stuff people wanted, but they dont feed a certain form of hype.

Its all especially troublesome as this is also quite a big overhaul edition... wich needs every ounce of the above thats lacking.

Not meant as doomsaying, Im sure it will pick up soon again, but I think some decisions have been questionable.

Edited by TheMawr

6 hours ago, Marshal Rohr said:

Not this early.

We haven't even seen the full winter releases yet. There's still the dawnbringers to finish off too...