Deathwatch: Murderers in Black (OOC Thread)

Lysimachus

On 8/6/2024 at 3:54 PM, Lysimachus said:

Re: Req, we still have 22 unspent... at this point, rather than waste it, I'll allow anyone who wants something extra (ideally, something of benefit to the whole team, which Stalker Flares seem like they might?) to add it to the Req sheet.

A back banner for the squad leader perhaps ?

1 hour ago, A.T. said:

A back banner for the squad leader perhaps ?

Sounds like a reasonable pick. After the Stalker Flares, you're down to 14 remaining, but I'll spot you the extra 1 needed for the Back Banner at 15.

Note that if we do select that piece to benefit the whole team, @Urauloth you are free to change the way it looks - ie it could be some sort of SW style backpack icon or trophy rack, etc, rather than a great big banner... which might be wise considering you're about to go into a cave/tunnel! :laugh:

On 8/7/2024 at 6:42 PM, Lysimachus said:

Note that if we do select that piece to benefit the whole team, @Urauloth you are free to change the way it looks - ie it could be some sort of SW style backpack icon or trophy rack, etc, rather than a great big banner... which might be wise considering you're about to go into a cave/tunnel! :laugh:

Hell yeah. I was wondering about something like this already, since it fits well with Váfri's armour trait and it's a pretty traditional SW way to mark out squad leaders.

2 minutes ago, Urauloth said:

Hell yeah. I was wondering about something like this already, since it fits well with Váfri's armour trait and it's a pretty traditional SW way to mark out squad leaders.

Might I suggest using the skull of the ork nob we slew as the centerpiece of said trophy rack?

I'm considering using the drop harness and lassoing Alda.

My quandary however is, do I:

• pull her to safety, or
  • Use her as a fishing/drag lure.

...?

In sincerity, GM, these here bug holes, how well do they react to Krak Grenades? Should I take an Evaluate or is it fairly obvious?

Edit: Nice map BTW, Very Bobimus Ross, 28.M styleee.

Edited by Mazer Rackham
Happy Little Trees

I'm considering using the drop harness and lassoing Alda.

My quandary however is, do I:

• pull her to safety, or
  • Use her as a fishing/drag lure.

...?

Amazing idea! :biggrin:

In sincerity, GM, these here bug holes, how well do they react to Krak Grenades? Should I take an Evaluate or is it fairly obvious?

No need for testing, I'd imagine a Krak will pretty well close any of the main tunnels leading off the hub. The only thing I would say is that after you've cleared the bugs, you may want to do some investigation of the hub (as the ambush site against the old Lucifer), so if you Krak the place to hell, it might make it hard to get any info?

Edit: Nice map BTW, Very Bobimus Ross, 28.M styleee.

Thanks! :laugh:

Safety would be preferred, but as has already been stated, safety is not guaranteed, so if you want to go fish, then go fish.

I like your Moxie! Are you wearing bug repellant?

No need for testing, I'd imagine a Krak will pretty well close any of the main tunnels leading off the hub. The only thing I would say is that after you've cleared the bugs, you may want to do some investigation of the hub (as the ambush site against the old Lucifer), so if you Krak the place to hell, it might make it hard to get any info?

What? Outrageous, doesn't Inquisitor Kill'emall not have the Req for a damn shovel??!! :pirate:

@Lysimachus Gerhardt is down to 2/3 fate points due to my insane desire to not have my character whack his head on the door frame of the storm eagle when parachuting in earlier. 

You misspeak, my friend. What you meant to say was: 'Gerhardt decided that strapping a storm eagle to his head in order to "nut the smegger into oblivion" was unsporting, so he chose not to.'

Posted (edited)

Hmm, definitely as a 36m Charge Move... I think he's just within range as a 12m Half Move - it's close but he should be able to get within 2m engagement range?

Edit: Actually, if your Ag bonus is 6, your base (Half) Move is 7m due to Hulking, so with a 14m Half Move due to Jump Pack you can definitely get in either way!

Edited by Lysimachus

Do we want squad mode lads? Furious charge?

Usually, I prefer to let my trigger fingers do the talking, but here, yes. I have a Razor Sharp Kukri that's whining for a dining.

Since you're Kill Team Leader, you can drop us all into SQDM once per session without a Cohesion Challenge, although I hereby petition our beneficent GM, that if you use the phrase 'Banjo the Bastards!' we improve Radness*, and reduce the cost by 1 Cohesion.

Call us to battle, Wolf of Space.

*= Note that this does not infringe our statutory rights or any contested custody applications in the US State of Maine or Kentucky, is non refundable in Iceland, the Maldives, St. Vincent and The Grenadines, and is protected under Fair Use in Orkney under the 1911 Official Secrets Act of Great Britain as long as no grannies are harmed. If necessary to cost the value of Radness, it equates to one exceptionally loud Hawaiian shirt (yellow and blue) or 0.00000001 Imperial Thrones, or a decade old VHS cassette of your cousin's wedding where Uncle Bob got drunk and punched your Stepfather Geoff for sleeping with Aunt Susan on that group holiday to Tenerife in 1998.

Usually, I prefer to let my trigger fingers do the talking, but here, yes. I have a Razor Sharp Kukri that's whining for a dining.

Since you're Kill Team Leader, you can drop us all into SQDM once per session without a Cohesion Challenge, although I hereby petition our beneficent GM, that if you use the phrase 'Banjo the Bastards!' we improve Radness*, and reduce the cost by 1 Cohesion.

Call us to battle, Wolf of Space.

*= Note that this does not infringe our statutory rights or any contested custody applications in the US State of Maine or Kentucky, is non refundable in Iceland, the Maldives, St. Vincent and The Grenadines, and is protected under Fair Use in Orkney under the 1911 Official Secrets Act of Great Britain as long as no grannies are harmed. If necessary to cost the value of Radness, it equates to one exceptionally loud Hawaiian shirt (yellow and blue) or 0.00000001 Imperial Thrones, 

@Mazer Rackham - You seem to have drifted somewhat CEDO. You might remember that this is a Child Friendly Forum and Lose the VHS tape down the back of the sofa, or at least edit your * Post.

Some Frater might Report you to an actual Moderati like @Lysimachus :whistling:

Edited by Machine God