Deathwatch: Murderers in Black (OOC Thread)

Lysimachus

Isn't there Requisition Points enough left over for a Red Dot Sight for our Pet Mortal?

I think we are a tad to late to fill in a requisition form, also if we had requisitioned a Red Dot it probably should have been for some of the weapons specilists in the Team and not a 'In case of Emergnecy' sidearm.

Ahem, sorry all, spent the day visiting family so not been around, will get a post up soon.

@Trokair because that miss was so close, I will say that the bolt exploded in the air right next to the target and allow you to roll Damage, but because it wasn't a proper hit you won't get the benefit of Tearing and the shot will have -1 Pen.

It's quite possible the attack still won't do anything vs the bug's TB+AV, but at least there is a chance...?

Ahem, sorry all, spent the day visiting family so not been around, will get a post up soon.

@Trokair because that miss was so close, I will say that the bolt exploded in the air right next to the target and allow you to roll Damage, but because it wasn't a proper hit you won't get the benefit of Tearing and the shot will have -1 Pen.

It's quite possible the attack still won't do anything vs the bug's TB+AV, but at least there is a chance...?

I hope you had a lovely day then.

Thank you for the oportunity. I'll edit the below in. 

1d10: 6 + 5 = 11 at Pen 3

Small note, Alda has human sized bolt pistol (from Dark Heresy core book) and not an astartes bolt pistol (which she would not be able to use it properly anyhow)  so even less likly to do anything, it is a 'in case of emergancy' weapon after all. 

Edited by Trokair

Ouch!

At least 1 Attack will Hit:
Dam 1d10+14 R Pen5 Toxic
5+14 = 19
19 - TB10 - AV3(8 - Pen5) = 6 Wounds
Toxic Test:
T50 - 60(-10*×6) +10(Biomonitor) = 0, Autofail.
1d10+3* Toxic Damage = 2+3 = 5 Wounds (now on 12 suffered in total, at 11/23).

Next Round  Adult Greebly gains the effect of Frenzy.

Maybe a Tactical Sir Robin is in order?

Posted (edited)

Next Round  Adult Greebly gains the effect of Frenzy.

Maybe a Tactical Sir Robin is in order?

Possibly a good idea, though I'd perhaps recommend a Disengage Action so it doesn't get a free Attack against you!

(I actually whiffed its Damage rolls a bit, 5 for the initial attack and only 2 when I rolled the Tox Dam... Asterius got kinda lucky/favoured by the Emperor!)

Also, it is already Frenzied, gained +10 WS, Str, T and Wp, it was an immediate effect after losing a certain number of its total Wounds (in the best Boss Fight tradition! :biggrin:)

Edited by Lysimachus

"Adept Ulfurbur..." 

<Sounds of very expensive wine being slurped over the vox>

"Pardon me. Adept Ulfurbur, I hate to sound like a broken cogitator, but your request for fire support..." 

<Sounds of very expensive caviar being loudly spread over crostini and noisily chewed>

"By the God-Emperor that's good! Ahem, your request for fire support from <belching> Kill-Team Lucifer unfortunately must be denied. Not in the budget. We're simply..." 

<More expensive wine being guzzled>

"We're simply spread too thin here, old sport. Everyone's making sacrifices. All for one and all that."

<Sounds of laughter and clinking glasses>

"Lord Roderick! I say, Lord Roderick! Tell them about the -- <laughs> no, no, no, tell the ambassador about the time -- <more laughter> yes, yes, about Adept Ulfurbur's request for... Oh, blast! The bloody line's open! Uh, ah best wishes, Adept! Do let us know when you return!" 

<More laughter follows before the line goes dead>

Edited by Necronaut

@Mike Zulu - Zedimi doesn't need to holster his Bolt Pistol to draw a Grenade, he has two arms and Space Marines are Ambidextrous.

You don't need to change your action bar throwing the grenade at the AC.

Fire for Effect gives everyone a Reaction Attack so we can legally shoot at the AC as it charges into the battle line.

Posted (edited)

@Lysimachus I think I get the hint (I hope…) I’ve updated my post.

edit: Actually, now I’m less confident. Fire for Effect is a Half Action. Were you inviting me to change my Actions to fit?

Derp, I had totally missed that Fire for Effect was a Half Action* (Bolter Assault and Furious Charge are both Free!) :facepalm:

MG: no, Mike is quite right, he used 2 Half Actions to Move and to throw the Grenade, which means he doesn't have a Half spare to kick off the Squad Mode.

Hmm, well in that case I'd offer apologies, I wouldn't normally suggest that players change stuff after they've chosen what to do.

However, in this case, it is totally up to you. You can scrap the Fire for Effect, or if you want to scrap one of the 2 regular Actions Zidemi had already taken, I will let him take that back instead.

Edit: Actually, stuff it, that's my mistake entirely... so for this time only, Fire for Effect is a Free Action, and whoever wants to use their Reaction to take a shot, can! Put the damn beastie out of its misery, lads, and we'll move on with the story! :tongue:

*FFG, why do you do these things, I am so confused! :blink:

Edited by Lysimachus

Derp, I had totally missed that Fire for Effect was a Half Action* (Bolter Assault and Furious Charge are both Free!) :facepalm:

MG: no, Mike is quite right, he used 2 Half Actions to Move and to throw the Grenade, which means he doesn't have a Half spare to kick off the Squad Mode.

Hmm, well in that case I'd offer apologies, I wouldn't normally suggest that players change stuff after they've chosen what to do.

However, in this case, it is totally up to you. You can scrap the Fire for Effect, or if you want to scrap one of the 2 regular Actions Zidemi had already taken, I will let him take that back instead.

Edit: Actually, stuff it, that's my mistake entirely... so for this time only, Fire for Effect is a Free Action, and whoever wants to use their Reaction to take a shot, can! Put the damn beastie out of its misery, lads, and we'll move on with the story! :tongue:

*FFG, why do you do these things, I am so confused! :blink:

No, no, the Prince of Excess demands we prolong its suff-- ah, sorry I have been reliably informed by our Inquisitorial representative that I appear to be in the wrong thread. I'll just show myself out...

BLAM!

Edited by Necronaut