Indomitus Victrix Command

Tacitus

So someone else posted a Tiggy list, which made me take another look at him, and trying a variation of my list to fit him in.  This is what I came up with.

Calgar, BGV Lieutenant, 6 BGV - CP Gen, 10 4+++ models with basically 39 MC Powersword attacks, and 6MC PF attacks. 

Bobby G, 1 Ginsu Phobos Libby, 10 Infiltrators with Helix and Comms.   Can't shoot outside 12, can't deepstrike inside 12. 

Tiggy, and 6BGV - 7 4++ models with -1 to be hit, a buncha power weapon attacks, a libby that can Hazardous every turn because they get a 4++ the 3MW IF they ever roll a 1.

5 Heavy Infiltrators

5 Intercessors

Land Raider

Land Raider

42 Infantry, 2 big vehicles, 1 monster,   The only anti-tank is really on the Land Raiders and the Monster which I'm not fond of...

The Normal version is 

Calgar, BGV LT, 6 BGV

Bobby G, 1 Ginsu Phobos Libby, 10 Infiltrators with Helix and Coms

Gravis Cap, Biologis, 6 Boltstorm Aggressors

5x Heavy Intercessors

5x Heavy Intercessors

5xDevs 4 Grav Cannon

5x Devs 4x Lascannon

3x Eliuminators LAs Fusil

Not sure what I like better. 

The first one I like the idea of the regular Intercessors running around in the Land Raider doing some Sticky Capping.  I see some potential for Assault Ramp Shenanigans there.  The BGV in the other Land Raider is fairly obvious.   The second one feels like a little more firepower and more spread out - 4 LC, 4GC and 3 Las Fusil, the Aggressor Bomb.  2 sets of T6 Objective Holders is also slightly nicer than the sticky cap-ability of the Intercessors. 

Edited by Tacitus
Infiltrators were supposed to be Intercessors

My gut instinct is the first list is too limited to assault. In games where you play extreme shooting it might feel oppressive getting to the dance. You have some very high priority units to shoot and I can only imagine your reliance on rolling 4+ invluns is going to lead to some very volatile games.

Also the super assaulty style armies may give you problems like the World Eaters. They shoot about as bad as you, but their assault is just something that is ridiculously hard to emulate outside of Chaos. 

I like the premise. I love all the elite models. I just think the first have of the games could be quite painful and if you have enough for turns 3,4,5, then you have some scoring to do.

The second list seems to give you a bit more ranged damage, and would seem to force your opponent to manage some difficult target priorties.

I am just guessing though... I'm not playing Guilliman yet. I'd like to see more of him to be honest. What detachment is this for?

I don't think either list is too especially limited to fight or shoot vs the other.  Tiggy's Hazardous power + his Mortal Wound save makes a pretty nasty combo, then two Land Raiders for 8 Lascannon shots, two of the Twin Linked HBs, and two MM's.  I think the first list leans into the unattractive Target Priority thing more - your target priorities being two Land Raiders, 2 big bricks of 3+/4+++, and one brick of "You can't shoot them yet" frustration - though the second list has more units you want to shoot at fewer of them are the unsatisfying 2+/4+++ so it was kinda 6 of one half dozen of the other to me.  To put it another way, all the target priorities in the first list are things you need to shoot at, but you don't WANT to shoot at, because shooting at them sucks - the second list has more stuff you need to and want to shoot at - the Devs and such - and that's before you start stacking Calgar and Bobby G. Freebie Armor of Contempts with Tiggy's -1 to (get) hit

As for the detachment, it could in theory be any of them.  I think I gave the Phobos Libby or the BGV the Honor Vehement because I made it in Gladius but that's not really central.  I can't think of any of the wombo-combos that are detachment specific.  The other option I was thinking about is instead of two Land Raiders you could go for 3 Gladiator Lancers but I tend to lean towards the Land Raiders. T12, 2+ is definitely pro Land Raider, but 8 TLLC vs 6 Lancer Laser Destroyer with Aquillon Optics probably goes to the Lancers, leaving the tie breaker being the Transport Capacity.  Both BGV units fit in the Land Raider(s), even the Calgar sized one.  (6 BGV, 1 LT = 7 + 2 Victrix =9 + 1 Calgar(2) = 11 out of 12. 

To be honest I figured the biggest critique would be the character points outlay.   I hadn't thought of running into something like World Eaters.  I haven't played against them so I'm not sure, but I suspect that would be one of the worst matchups because they'll do ginsu better than I do which may give them too much of a headstart vs the 4+++

In my experience the Lancers definitely out perform the Landraider lacannons, but of course it's not a straight up comparison. Both choices are good in the right scenario.

Honestly, I just love the flexibility of an assault ramp. Depending on the opponent I may deploy it loaded up... or not. 

I've recently swung back into the Repulsor for more hard target points (Brutalis, etc) but I find the 3 lasshots it gives me very frustrating. 

I wish I had as much confidence in Tiggy as you, but every time I use him, I end up swapping him out. He's 'good' but I always find I need the points or find a better application of character rules elsewhere. 

What I like about Tiggy is his synergy with the BGV.  He gives them some serious shooting all by himself - he drops ~7 S6 -2 D2 HAZARDOUS (But not very) shots on his own - while giving the 3+/4++ guys a -1 to get hit, and some freebie Strats, including Heroic Intervention - I think he fits pretty nicely in the BGV squad. 

Repulsors will always feel disappointing until they're more on par with the Land Raider - the Transport Numbers are just too low.  Also I wouldn't compare the Repulsor to the Land Raider, but to the Land Raider Crusader.  Compare the TLAC and the double Hurricane Bolters to the Repulsor Defensive Array to see what I mean.