Solar Auxilia Hermes Light Sentinel

Sentinels... but small(er).

XHvWhXPpC6DXqmCS.jpg

qisMBjhhZeZ8SMAq.jpg

UqM98Y2AkL6xk89Y.jpg

We know what you’re thinking – with a war machine as awesome as this, how could you stop at just one? Luckily, the Hermes Light Sentinel kit includes two models, both of which can be assembled as either variant. With up to six in each unit, you can fill out a hard-hitting Fast Attack or Elites slot.

Edited by Lord Marshal

Definitely a fun little kit. I like that it has a couple options in it, and coming with two is quite nice. All in all, I like it.

I'll be interested to see what their rules are like in the campaign book.

Also in case we didn't have confirmation where the rules will come from yet:

Rules for both kinds of Hermes squadron – and the larger Aethon Heavy Sentinel – will be found in the upcoming campaign book, The Battle for Beta-Garmon.

They look great, but I'm struggling to see what gap in the army they address - volkites, multilasers, flamers and similar light ap/low armour weapons are ten a penny in the army, so what do these really do? If there wasn't a carnodon, maybe?

Scouting units, yes, but it feels less effective than either a carnodon squadron or a Strike Russ.

I was impatient to see these and if they have potential for convertion... but in the end I am a little bit disappointed. I guess it will be a pass for me... I am not convinced by the lo-Rider walker aspect and neither by the bulkier version... Matter of taste I guess.

A little disappointed? I was kinda hoping for something of a heavy weapons team analogue, a ww2 AT gun on legs giving heavy weapon support to the infantry. This is just another sentinel variant with a lighter gun and presumably sub 10 AV on the sides/rear? (Or possibly a toughness? damn shame if so for once because facings should really matter on this one! ) the Veletaris version is definitely nicer.

Great backdoor necromunda release though :D  

I like these guys a lot more than their heavy armoured cousins but their stunty stance does put me off a bit. Maybe the way the legs are built could allow for a taller model, the Dreadnoughts for HH have been great for posing and such so hopefully it's the same here.