Solar Auxilia Hermes Light Sentinel

Very adorable.

I see a lot of people making sentinel comparisons and putting these as proxies for sentinels.. but am I misunderstanding sentinel size so much ? it feels to me that this thing is half or even a third the size of a sentinel (and not just talking about height) ? Like I said with the silhouette where this already seems the case, these seem to be to sentinels as wraithguard are to wraithlords... or armigers to knights.

Because of the size thing the best proxy (with conversion work for weapons) Id feel would be the smaller heavy weapon team for astra militarum instead of sentinels.. but making no use of its mobility in the rules just an aesthic thing, or perhaps even better the katapron for Admech, if having an all-star motion force army isnt your thing ;) Maybe the Skitari cavalry ? especially those with a flamer-mouth.

edit :

Looking at the base.. this model could be bullgryn size. ( the base seems to be only 1 size bigger than theirs. ) and that might actually be the most 1 to 1 proxy in 40k when using the grenade launcher built.

Edited by TheMawr

25 minutes ago, TheMawr said:

I see a lot of people making sentinel comparisons and putting these as proxies for sentinels.. but am I misunderstanding sentinel size so much ?

No, you are seeing it right. Unless that rider is a giant, these are not large models.

Still great though!

1 hour ago, Trokair said:

Might get a box for use as 40k Scout Sentinels, so the yare more distinct from the armoured ones. 

These look significantly smaller

I am assuming 60mm base from the video (though I guess it could be 50mm, had to say) which while smaller than the current sentinels 80mm is the same as the old sentinel, and I have seen a few of these go and be stand in for scout sentinels without being to problematic.

Until I have them in hand I can only guess, but if I need to give them some tactical terrain to make them look a bit taller and appropriate as a stand in then so be it.  Also depending on how the legs go together there may be a way to make them stand a bit taller.

54 minutes ago, TheMawr said:

Very adorable.

I see a lot of people making sentinel comparisons and putting these as proxies for sentinels.. but am I misunderstanding sentinel size so much ? it feels to me that this thing is half or even a third the size of a sentinel (and not just talking about height) ? Like I said with the silhouette where this already seems the case, these seem to be to sentinels as wraithguard are to wraithlords... or armigers to knights.

Yeah they're pretty small.

3OMOySM.png

Those troopers must be honoured to ride the sacred War Ducklings into battle.

I now look forward to the Maia-pattern heavy walker with its boat shaped hull, longer legs and forward-mounted gunner on an elevated platform. They could serve as line breakers for a line of hermes!

...I am only half joking, if they give me a diesalpunk giant mecha-duck to lead a row of ducklings I am willing to pay titan-prices!

34 minutes ago, Mechanicus Tech-Support said:

Damn I was expecting small but not this smol, still may pick some up for some Iron strider ballisarius conversions. Got some brass rods around here somewhere that I can use to extend the legs, plus some armor bits and good to go

That seems to be a whole lot of effort, extra bit and money to create something the iron strider already is ?

walkersize.thumb.jpg.fe27ddaced815a5a396f1872e1da8cec.jpg

This is ofcourse just a rough estimate, and assumes the drivers will be roughly the same scale. ( the admech driver is slightly taller than the SA in this one, but in 40k vehicles I noticed crew sometimes are a smidge smaller than their regular models... well, for the voidweaver crew that is. )

The final result might be bigger or smaller, but either way not enough to make this a "just make the legs taller" type of conversion.

Like I said, I think for admech the most interesting things to convert it to are the Katapron ( if you dont like tracks.) or the Serberys ( if you dont like "daemon engines" ) and compliment your admech walkers, not replace them.

Another interesting thing is, a near infantry sized walking chair has a lot of Inq28 type applications.

35 minutes ago, TheMawr said:

That seems to be a whole lot of effort, extra bit and money to create something the iron strider already is ?

walkersize.thumb.jpg.fe27ddaced815a5a396f1872e1da8cec.jpg

This is ofcourse just a rough estimate, and assumes the drivers will be roughly the same scale. ( the admech driver is slightly taller than the SA in this one, but in 40k vehicles I noticed crew sometimes are a smidge smaller than their regular models... well, for the voidweaver crew that is. )

The final result might be bigger or smaller, but either way not enough to make this a "just make the legs taller" type of conversion.

Like I said, I think for admech the most interesting things to convert it to are the Katapron ( if you dont like tracks.) or the Serberys ( if you dont like "daemon engines" ) and compliment your admech walkers, not replace them.

Another interesting thing is, a near infantry sized walking chair has a lot of Inq28 type applications.

Solar auxilia resin models are larger than mech skitarii :)

I don't have a direct comparison image, but velatarii are very big, whereas skitarii aren't 

dsc_0564.thumb.jpg.a7f0d28a469adfbe0bbb28416996eae4.jpg

850381.thumb.jpeg.ba2745757e28eed705d4e778e93043bb.jpeg

Edited by Petitioner's City

47 minutes ago, Petitioner's City said:

Solar auxilia resin models are larger than mech skitarii :)

I don't have a direct comparison image, but velatarii are very big, whereas skitarii aren't 

dsc_0564.thumb.jpg.a7f0d28a469adfbe0bbb28416996eae4.jpg

850381.thumb.jpeg.ba2745757e28eed705d4e778e93043bb.jpeg

The basic Solar Auxilia Infantry Section soldier is about the same size as a Skitarii Vanguard trooper. The Veletari soldier is a bit of a giant for a baseline human, similar to the recently released Kasrkin.

image.png.56b37ae1cf439f968f3ca898a1e6fd17.png
image.png.cadd853a6664cdea764605f9132f9a6d.png

7 hours ago, TheMawr said:

Like I said with the silhouette where this already seems the case, these seem to be to sentinels as wraithguard are to wraithlords...

Don't think it's quite that extreme a difference, but this is a fair point. I believe new 40k sentinels went up to 80mm bases, whereas these look like 60mm? If one took the time to raise the base a bit and it's on an 80mm I think it'd be fine.

TBH the 40k scout sentinel looks beefier to my eye than it ought... And the old sentinel was on a 60mm, so personally I'd have no problem seeing them as scout sentinels even on 60mm bases. Indeed that's precisely the accommodation I may well be seeking from my friends lol but we've drunk the poorhammer koolaid pretty good already.

Won't work in most tournaments, but basically nothing in my guard is tournie legal, it's just 'Necromunda: the army' lol.

EDIT - lol nevermind... Likely human mercenary votann thunderers for me

Cheers,

The Good Doctor

Edited by Dr. Clock