Uh, yeah, exactly what it says on the tin. Woof?

V3oGNVwuZEtqtKpc.jpg

S07QfWPgexk6EQVD.jpg

kByn8l1z4xLHIivR.jpg

We’ve still got more to reveal from everyone’s favourite alien auxiliaries, so don’t go anywhere. If you do, we’ll have to send the Kroot after you.

26 minutes ago, de Selby said:

I imagine Jurassic Park type noises.

Always happy to see more kroot. I wonder what this all means for the rumours vespids would finally get re-done. Do we get both?

Could be something got lost in translation and the Kroot themselves are going to take on that winged auxiliary spot.

Wasn't expecting to see more Kroot just yet but it's great to see them, these are some good looking dogs and for me an improvement over the old ones. If they do bring Vespids to plastic I hope they take the opportunity to do a little remodeling, I like the idea of the Vespids but I don't think their current sculpts are the best, mostly the faces.

26 minutes ago, Boytoy said:

Article points to a fast type of kroot hq that might be previewed next

I get the feeling the silhouette previewed at the start of the year might be a Houndmaster of some sort. Perhaps it could join either Kroot Hound packs or the new Krootox cavalry

I'm happy Hounds got a new kit, I kind of thought we might not see if due to the Farstalker release. My hype is kind of dampered though since we've basically already seen these guys with that release.

45 minutes ago, mecanojavi99 said:

C'mon GW, just gives us a full Codex

Hopefully this does well enough to tip things towards a official Krootdex, but I'd also be content it staying under the Tau umbrella. The game is getting kind of.bloated with factions, and if they stay apart of the Tau then you dont need weird ally rules to bring them into your Kroot focused army

35 minutes ago, de Selby said:

I wonder what this all means for the rumours vespids would finally get re-done

If the age of finecast is truly over, it just makes a ton of sense to release Vespids now. Make this the alien auxiliary wave after 2 decades of mechs

1 hour ago, de Selby said:

I imagine Jurassic Park type noises.

Always happy to see more kroot. I wonder what this all means for the rumours vespids would finally get re-done. Do we get both?

I see no reason why not.

Above all the Vespid rumor is still linked to killteam. ( wich is even weirder though ) and his killteam rumor source is spot on. Only confusion I could see there is that his rumor for the next box wich is called Hivefall and the rumor for this seasons next kill team matchup ( Spring; Votann pioneers vs Brood brothers ) is not the same thing, and Hivefall* being in fact that Vespid vs Swooping hawk rumor, but as a seperate product/mode/whatever, and coming before the spring kill team matchup. ( closer to the Tau codex.) But thats my wild speculation and Im rarely on point. ( except when I thought the rest of the kroot would be revealed in a weekly monday article apparently :p )

They rarely leave (if ever ?) suprises to be discovered in the codex, so I think everything will be revealed before the codex, even the limited one in the kroot box, goes on preorder.

I think it might mean the earliest preorder date for the kroot box is the 25th of february ? It sounds as if the wording indicates there is at least 2 more kroot to reveal.

Usually there is also a preview event early march, but I dont seem to be seeing anything regarding that.

As for the kroot hounds.. they are nice :) I hope it follows the pricing of similar boxes, even though those are a little bit older ( Gryphhounds, Fenrisian wolves.)

* Hivefall.. hive for vespids and fall for swooping... yes that last one is a deep dive :p

edit2 : And yes the hive part might just as well refer to hivemind in reference to brood brothers.

Edited by TheMawr

1 hour ago, TheMawr said:

I see no reason why not.

Above all the Vespid rumor is still linked to killteam. ( wich is even weirder though ) and his killteam rumor source is spot on. Only confusion I could see there is that his rumor for the next box wich is called Hivefall and the rumor for this seasons next kill team matchup ( Spring; Votann pioneers vs Brood brothers ) is not the same thing, and Hivefall being in fact that Vespid vs Swooping hawk rumor, but as a seperate product/mode/whatever, and coming before the spring kill team matchup. ( closer to the Tau codex.) But thats my wild speculation and Im rarely on point. ( except when I thought the rest of the kroot would be revealed in a weekly monday article apparently :p )

Vespid coming out in a killteam box works for me considering the boxes we've seen so far. Two boxes isn't a lot to go off but each has been used to bring a modern plastic version of an old finecast unit that needed of updating, specifically Striking Scorpions and Mandrakes. New Vespids would fit in with these guys in that they are an old finecast unit in need of a refresh.

The previous seasons seemed to bring it a lot of new stuff like Fellgors, Navy Breachers, Arbrites (ok they aren't NEW but they weren't replacing an available resin kit) This season might be about bringing in some refreshed units outside of codex releases. Hawks make sense for that too.

Edited by CL_Mission

Love the rules.

Really hope fenrisian wolves get a glow up like this

My expectations on the range.

Known

1. Hounds

2. Krootox gunner

3. Krootox ravagers

4. War shaper

5. Flesh shaper

6. Kroot battleline

Teased:

7. Kroot character on mount

Tinfoil hat.

8. Great knarloc

9. Orok or prok

10. Kroot brutes (kroot orks that would be similar to the 3man large lizards from seraphim update)

Edited by Triszin

54 minutes ago, Jukkiz said:

am i only one weirded out with weird armbands on basically dogs?  Like they would been bipedal and then turned down?

I mean, that's kinda what a Kroot Hound is.

They're just normal Kroot who ate too many canids and ran into an evolutionary dead-end.

1 minute ago, Wispy said:

does that obliterate the last of the finecast for Tau/Kroot? vespids seems to be the only thing remaining on the line.

I think there's the T'au marksman with the sniper drones that is still finecast, not sure what their plan is with that kit.

19 minutes ago, Wispy said:

does that obliterate the last of the finecast for Tau/Kroot? vespids seems to be the only thing remaining on the line.

Vespids are still Metal, the Firesight Marksman and his Drones are still Resin (but both got a new design in Tacticus) and the 2 Named Ethereals are still resin.

Not sure if Longstrike is Resin or not but he's still in the Index and cycles in-and-out of availability on the webstore.

They look a bit stumpy-faced compared to the old models but they look more detailed and believable. The previous crocodile-beak-face hounds are okay but these new models look like they could crunch through bones when they attack with a beak like that, a bit like those nasty snapping turtles. Fear the doggo that goes "Caw!"

4 hours ago, Triszin said:

Love the rules.

Really hope fenrisian wolves get a glow up like this

My expectations on the range.

Known

1. Hounds

2. Krootox gunner

3. Krootox ravagers

4. War shaper

5. Flesh shaper

6. Kroot battleline

Teased:

7. Kroot character on mount

Tinfoil hat.

8. Great knarloc

9. Orok or prok

10. Kroot brutes (kroot orks that would be similar to the 3man large lizards from seraphim update)

Things from the old merc list from white dwarf: Vultures (Winged Kroot), Kroot Snipers, Acid spitting poison frog Kroot, Kroot Orks (But they were more of a mod for the entire list). I don't expect to see any of those units return but it would be cool. I've still got my fingers crossed for Gnarloc riders though of either normal or great variety.

Nice! great to see another unit from the  Metal/Resin pile coming across. I like these hounds , but the colour scheme GW chose is a bit bleh (my personal opinion of course)

will get some of these for sure... 

M.  

2 hours ago, Magos Takatus said:

They look a bit stumpy-faced compared to the old models but they look more detailed and believable. The previous crocodile-beak-face hounds are okay but these new models look like they could crunch through bones when they attack with a beak like that, a bit like those nasty snapping turtles. Fear the doggo that goes "Caw!"

I feel like the new ones fit the lore better as they actually look like a devolved kroot and not something that's been devolving for millions of years and only vaguely resembles a kroot.