57 minutes ago, TheArtilleryman said:

The fact they are the only suits with the invun is also bizarre. Unless there’s a big points difference surely everyone will just want the sunforge team?

I think it will all come down to role and points efficiency. If Starscythe are priced to move, then a unit of three with double flamers (deepstriking, falling back and shooting, etc) to clear out chaff on the enemy's backfield objective(s) could be a thing. Fireknives seem like the odd unit out, because their weapons are okay, but look like they'll really rely on being Guided. In that context, I think they'd be okay (again, depending on points) in a mixed list with cheap Spotting units, but not so good in a majority battle suit list.

4 minutes ago, Tokugawa said:

In 2024 some tournament winning IG list taken max 18 bullgryns.

1 minute ago, TheArtilleryman said:

Bullgryns, yes. Regular Ogryns, no.

Yeah, Ogryns don't do anything that can't be done by other Guard units; and those other units tend to be more points efficient or better for maneuvering around the board (smaller base sizes, bigger unit sizes for chaining). I think Crisis Suits can have a role for threatening backfield objectives, or trying to take out hard-to-get-at tanks,

Edited by jaxom

breacher - 120

Broadside - 115

fireblade - 50

farsight - 140

coldstar - 125

enforcer - 135

shadowsun - 135

fireknife - 165

starscythe - 140

sunforge - 160

darkstrider - 70

devilfish - 100

ethereal - 50

ghostkeel - 170

hammerhead - 155

Kroot - 85

farstalker - 105

hound - 40

lonespear - 110

fleshshaper - 65

warshaper 60

trail shaper - 55

rampager - 130 / 260

krootox - 40

pathfinder - 120

piranha - 55

riptide - 245

stealth - 75

stormsurge - 425

strike team - 100

sunshark bomber - 160

vespid - 70

Those are the point that 2 leaker suggested from the printed, take with 2 grain of salt, first there is no photo, second -exept new units- are old points before the first dataslate so will be fixed with next mfm.

For the new units (kroot/crisis) as the inner circle teached could be right and be confimed by next mfm.

I hope for 20 points of pricecut on the cirisis

27 minutes ago, Alternis said:

Also, Crisis suits lost range on their plasma rifles, going from 24 > 18 

This sucks. Also let’s reduce the range then put it in combination with the longest range guns available.

Are they hard nerfing crisis because they  are too meta or something? Locked loadouts, only 2 guns, limited flexibility of wargear… 

17 minutes ago, Tokugawa said:

According to the devilfish page, vespids is not deleted, the leaked pdf missed several pages. 

Which means GW don't energetically eliminate the failcasts. 

A) There's been rumours of Vespids getting a Killteam kit for a while now, so it makes sense that they'd stay.

B) Vespids aren't "finecast". They're metal.

44 minutes ago, TheMawr said:

Vespids coming through kill team predate those rumors by a few months though ( also from CMValrak ).. they even predate the rumored contents of the Nightmare box.

The theory has been for a long time that it is a side product, not a main release... so it can drop before or at the same time of the Votann vs GSC matchup, the same way how Gallowfall and Ashes of Faith have been released pretty close to each other, with the latter not being a roadmapped seasonal KT product.

Aye, but Nightmare hasn't released yet (fingers crossed it gets previewed on Sunday, meaning a release of April 6th). That'll be ~3 months on from Salvation, and while things can come rapidly, I'd guess that a hypothetical Vespid team would be ~July at the earliest, and (more reasonably, IMO) possibly quite a bit later in the year than that. So... a bit of a ways away, and thus no conspiracy to hide new Vespids on behalf of the leaker.

(Though it's perhaps worth noting that Salvation was delayed out of its roadmapped Autumn release, and Nightmare has missed its Winter slot.)

I'd also say it's unlikely that the Adepticon preview will show off new Vespids for Kill Team, and more likely that it'll be one of the LoV or GSC getting revealed.

6 minutes ago, TheArtilleryman said:

This sucks. Also let’s reduce the range then put it in combination with the longest range guns available.

Are they hard nerfing crisis because they  are too meta or something? Locked loadouts, only 2 guns, limited flexibility of wargear… 

Every Crisis Suit now suffers due to the actions of the Metachasing Triple-CIB spam.

IMO the Plasma Rifle has further been nerfed because Triple-Plasma was the other "comp suit build" people used a bunch and GW are paranoid that comp players will just immediately pivot to the  next most OP thing, even if it's not actually OP (see every single psychic faction getting caught in the crossfire of the first failed attempt at nerfing Craftworld Aeldar.)

25 minutes ago, LSM said:

Aye, but Nightmare hasn't released yet (fingers crossed it gets previewed on Sunday, meaning a release of April 6th). That'll be ~3 months on from Salvation, and while things can come rapidly, I'd guess that a hypothetical Vespid team would be ~July at the earliest, and (more reasonably, IMO) possibly quite a bit later in the year than that. So... a bit of a ways away, and thus no conspiracy to hide new Vespids on behalf of the leaker.

(Though it's perhaps worth noting that Salvation was delayed out of its roadmapped Autumn release, and Nightmare has missed its Winter slot.)

I'd also say it's unlikely that the Adepticon preview will show off new Vespids for Kill Team, and more likely that it'll be one of the LoV or GSC getting revealed.

Yeah, Vespid could be the 4th box of this "season" but they could also form part of the "flying" kill team rumours (we've had rumours of swooping hawks and jetpack scions) at this point, there's not enough information.

11 minutes ago, ZeroWolf said:

Yeah, Vespid could be the 4th box of this "season" but they could also form part of the "flying" kill team rumours (we've had rumours of swooping hawks and jetpack scions) at this point, there's not enough information.

Since the release of the T'au codex is imminent, my prediction is that we'll see the Vespids during the reveal stream.

They probably won't release until way after mind you, but we'll at least get confirmation they're on their way before the codex drops.

16 minutes ago, Indy Techwisp said:

Since the release of the T'au codex is imminent, my prediction is that we'll see the Vespids during the reveal stream.

They probably won't release until way after mind you, but we'll at least get confirmation they're on their way before the codex drops.

You mean in a similar fashion to the Scouts? Possible I guess but not one I'd bet on personally given that I think they'll tease chaos (don't think we'd get a tease for the redacted either)

1 minute ago, ZeroWolf said:

You mean in a similar fashion to the Scouts? Possible I guess but not one I'd bet on personally given that I think they'll tease chaos (don't think we'd get a tease for the redacted either)

For the actual 40k reveal it probably will be either CSM or SoB (if my memory of the roadmap is correct).

I'm predicting the Killteam reveal will be the Vespids (and maybe the other "flying" teams) instead of the GSC vs LoV set.

4 minutes ago, Indy Techwisp said:

Hang on a second.

What's the Firesight Team doing there????

Yep looks like the missing datasheet wasn't the drone team instead the old sniper drones

5 minutes ago, Indy Techwisp said:

Hang on a second.

What's the Firesight Team doing there????

It was just missing from the scans like Vespids and Pathfinders, I did the math a few pages back and there was one more missing datasheet... already speculated it would be that ( though I called it snipers.)

So the 3 datasheets which were missing from the leak were the Pathfinders, Firesight Team and Vespid Stingwings.

Amd the units we lost were Aun'va, Aun'shi, Longstrike, Crisis Commander, Crisis Battlesuit (Split), Kroot Shaper (Split) and Tactical Drone Swarm.

2 hours ago, TheArtilleryman said:

The fact they are the only suits with the invun is also bizarre. Unless there’s a big points difference surely everyone will just want the sunforge team?

Looks like Sunforge are cheaper than Fireknife which is a big surprise. They may be the least flexible of the teams but they are pretty well optimised for what they do. I can see at least one team popping up in every list.

1 hour ago, Indy Techwisp said:

IMO the Plasma Rifle has further been nerfed because Triple-Plasma was the other "comp suit build" people used a bunch and GW are paranoid that comp players will just immediately pivot to the  next most OP thing, even if it's not actually OP (see every single psychic faction getting caught in the crossfire of the first failed attempt at nerfing Craftworld Aeldar.)

Comparing a dual-plasma Fireknife team to a squad of Plasma Inceptors is not particularly flattering:

• The Fireknives get +1W but -1T
  • The Fireknives have 3D but the Inceptors can also get 3D and +1S if they risk overcharging.
  • The Fireknives reroll 1s to Hit (full rerolls vs full strength units) but Inceptors are twin-linked.

The Plasma Fireknives are also 35 points more per squad than Inceptors but are not significantly better. Maybe dual Missile Pods hoping around on the flanks are the way to go.

1 hour ago, ZeroWolf said:

My post was responding to the suggestion that Vespids were maybe being hidden in the leak because they're about to get a reveal.

I think they're still a bit of a ways away, and unlikely to be revealed on Wednesday.

That's all.

8 minutes ago, LSM said:

My post was responding to the suggestion that Vespids were maybe being hidden in the leak because they're about to get a reveal.

I think they're still a bit of a ways away, and unlikely to be revealed on Wednesday.

That's all.

Your post was in response to me, and I was ( and always have been ) suggesting  that IF the vespids/swooping hawks/flying kill team rules are true it wont be a regular seasonal release anyway and could be released at any time, before, after or close to the next seasonal box.

Wich could mean it has an equal change to show up next preview, especially as it is not uncommon leakers dont leak new model shots ( it happened with 9th eldar too.) just a theory, and I dont hold my own theories as gospel. Ofcourse this is easily diproven if the image does leak.

Besides they are all rumors anyway, its "just as likely" next week we get a Freebooterz vs Catachans kill team.

But using rumors as evidence against speculation on other rumors ( from the same source of all things), I will always say, is madness.

Edited by TheMawr