4 minutes ago, The Pounder said:

When is the next MFM scheduled for?

It should be about 6 months time as we had on recently. They'll update the current MFM with the correct Tau points once the codex is out for everyone as they did for Dark Angels which should be in about a months time?

18 minutes ago, TrawlingCleaner said:

It should be about 6 months time as we had on recently. They'll update the current MFM with the correct Tau points once the codex is out for everyone as they did for Dark Angels which should be in about a months time?

I think its updated on the Wednesday before full release if I remember correctly

Q- The boxset with Kroot and "Early release" Codex drops 30/03/24 does anyone know/have an idea how long it'll be usually before the Codex drops proper ?!?...

Cheers, M 

1 hour ago, MithrilForge said:

Q- The boxset with Kroot and "Early release" Codex drops 30/03/24 does anyone know/have an idea how long it'll be usually before the Codex drops proper ?!?...

Cheers, M 

The Deathwing boxed set went on pre-order on January 20th, whereas the Dark Angels Codex itself went on pre-order on February 24th, 5 weeks and almost as close to exactly a month later as possible...

Edited by Spinsanity

1 hour ago, Spinsanity said:

The Deathwing boxed set went on pre-order on January 20th, whereas the Dark Angels Codex itself went on pre-order on February 24th, 5 weeks and almost as close to exactly a month later as possible...

On the other hand, out of the previous five army sets released, Flesheater Courts (Winter 23/24), Cities of Sigmar (Autumn 23), Slaves to Darkness and Astra Militarum  (both Winter 22/23) all had a 2 month gap between the box and the standalone battletome. Seraphon (Summer 23) was one month.

Hopefully Tau will be one month as well and it becomes the new norm but, as is usual with GW, we can't be sure when it will come out because there isn't a consistent pattern. 

Lots of these already on pre-order from eBay sellers. The one I’ve screenshotted says it will ship 2 April.

IMG_3580.thumb.jpeg.d3fb7c65ece656eb8f0b8af29b8d6abc.jpeg

Although this might just be people selling on the books from the Kroot box of course

Edited by TheArtilleryman

4 minutes ago, TheArtilleryman said:

Lots of these already on pre-order from eBay sellers. The one I’ve screenshotted says it will ship 2 April.

IMG_3580.thumb.jpeg.d3fb7c65ece656eb8f0b8af29b8d6abc.jpeg

Although this might just be people selling on the books from the Kroot box of course

Yea that’s the limited edition cover, it’s going to be people who ordered multiple boxes

• 4 weeks later...

New Tau Codex and new Kroot

Up for preorder on Saturday 

The new Kroot now released outside of the box

Also with the new Combat Patrol, dice and datasheet cards

(Just in case anyone had not noticed yet :ph34r:)

Edited by Blurgh
Preorder on Saturday, not Sunday

8 minutes ago, Blurgh said:

New Tau Codex and new Kroot

Up for preorder on Sunday

Lots of new Kroot

Also with the new Combat Patrol, dice and datasheet cards

(Just in case anyone had not noticed yet :ph34r:)

No excuse for GW to delay the MFM update one more week. New TAU need updated points to play and to be playable. 

Hmm, guess I'd best start thinking about getting an intro game in given I've not played since 2010-11.

This Combat Patrol will expand my current Combat Patrol and extra Stealth Team nicely, especially if I pick up a few more Devilfish for a mounted force.

I think I've got a Pathfinder Kill Team, a Strike Team and some XV15s laying around too.

Edited by Hfran Morkai

It would be good for starting out but luckily it’s not good enough for me to feel like I’m missing out. 

Another point to note - it’s got a £135 value in terms of the separate kits whereas the old box was worth £161.50. So not as good value as the old - shrinkflation at work…

Edited by TheArtilleryman

3 hours ago, TheArtilleryman said:

It would be good for starting out but luckily it’s not good enough for me to feel like I’m missing out. 

Another point to note - it’s got a £135 value in terms of the separate kits whereas the old box was worth £161.50. So not as good value as the old - shrinkflation at work…

But a considerable chunk of that was in the Ethereal, Fireblade, Ghostkeel and the Stealth Team.

Are many people wanting to field multiples of these things typically? Because the current one seems good (hence why I grabbed one) but this one seems useful to purchase multiples of if you want mounted troops.

I haven't played the game in over a decade so it may very well be the case.

9 minutes ago, Hfran Morkai said:

But a considerable chunk of that was in the Ethereal, Fireblade, Ghostkeel and the Stealth Team.

Are many people wanting to field multiples of these things typically? Because the current one seems good (hence why I grabbed one) but this one seems useful to purchase multiples of if you want mounted troops.

I haven't played the game in over a decade so it may very well be the case.

The core of my 10th ed Tau force is the old CP. The new one does fit into the fish of fury playstyle which the mont'ka detachment fits nicely. 

So the new CP is a decent one to purchase at least twice if your just starting out or even if your pivoting to the possible next step in the meta. 

Edited by Focslain

The new ork one's value is 135 vs 167.5 in the old.

It really does suck that the cost of entry is going up to receive less.

So the whole set bar the fire warriors then? :p

I would happily field two lots of the old CP box, except for the ethereal.

Initially I had just written about the Ethereal and the Fireblade but then I asked myself, how many of the other bits would I LIKE to field myself multiples of?

For the Stealth Team, yes because I want to work on a Recon Cadre based around Stealth Teams and Pathfinders.

But I also acknowledge I've been away for editions, when I last played you had 1-2 HQ, 2-6 Troops and 0-3 each of Elites, Fast Attack, Heavy Support. I  also don't really know what these units do or how T'au play these days.

Edited by Hfran Morkai
Made my post easier to interpret.

Happy to Finally see the Codex getting released,although I’m sad that there was the inevitable asterisk on it saying delayed in New Zealand & Australia :dry:….  Time to be the patient Hunter :tongue:

The new CP box is good for repeats for sure, about time they put reusable core in their boxes (luckily though that Tzaangors are not T’AU allies :laugh:

6 hours ago, Hfran Morkai said:

Initially I had just written about the Ethereal and the Fireblade but then I asked myself, how many of the other bits would I LIKE to field myself multiples of?

For the Stealth Team, yes because I want to work on a Recon Cadre based around Stealth Teams and Pathfinders.

But I also acknowledge I've been away for editions, when I last played you had 1-2 HQ, 2-6 Troops and 0-3 each of Elites, Fast Attack, Heavy Support. I  also don't really know what these units do or how T'au play these days.

Nowadays you can take whatever you want, up to 3 of each unit. Troops are now called battleline and you can take up to 6 of each unit. So you could take 3 ghostkeels, 3 units of stealth suits and 6 units each of fire warriors and breachers.

I think my opinion on this is very much just about the models I like. Everyone is talking about the devilfish and breachers combo this edition but I don’t really like the models for the tau tanks, so that’s why I prefer the old one. 

At least there is no ethereal this time; I always felt that model was a bit surplus to requirements. The lore around ethereal is great, but in battle I’ve always found them a little underwhelming.