1 minute ago, Mogger351 said:

You actually don't need to pay at all for battlescribe and the people creating the datafile don't see any of your money. Unless something changed radically, you've given 3 quid to someone who retired before their midlife crisis based on the work of volunteers.

You are correct that you don’t need to pay. However, the fee removes the annoying ads and gives you more freedom to customise e.g. name your units and lists etc. For me it’s worth it just for the ad removal.

5 minutes ago, Mogger351 said:

You actually don't need to pay at all for battlescribe and the people creating the datafile don't see any of your money. Unless something changed radically, you've given 3 quid to someone who retired before their midlife crisis based on the work of volunteers.

This is the exact reason those datafile makers pushed for the other list Builder to ursurp Battlescribe

18 minutes ago, Indy Techwisp said:

I'm assuming there's not any options to add more weapons to the new sheets otherwise people will just put 3 CIBs in the unit again.

Well the base suits don't have access to CIB or AFP anymore it seems. I'm holding out hope that you can add a 3rd weapon to the basic suits, but will have to wait til the codex drop later this month or WHC previewing the full datasheet.

So they took a unit specifically themed around tactical flexibility, modularity, different build options and versatility and did away with all of that. I swear whoever is making these decisions has Servitor-tier IQ.

You know what the worst part is? They'll use this as an excuse to replace the Crisis Suit kit with more monopose, more restrictive and more expensive kit with absurd jigsaw assembly to account for the completely pointless changes they made to the rules. And there will be people praising this decision.

I swear, at this point buying recasts and printing alternatives is not just understandable, it's a moral obligation. It's either that or launching an IRL crusade/exterminatus against Nottingham (in Minecraft).

4 minutes ago, Evil Eye said:

You know what the worst part is? They'll use this as an excuse to replace the Crisis Suit kit with more monopose, more restrictive and more expensive kit with absurd jigsaw assembly to account for the completely pointless changes they made to the rules. And there will be people praising this decision.

They probably will update the Crisis Suit sprue later down the line.

And people will praise it when it happens.

Not because of it becoming a plastic jenga set of monoposability, but because an updated crisis suit kit would finally be to scale again.

Oh wow, this is their positive spin? That bodes really badly for the rest of the book.

*Edit*
Honestly, id have expected a flexible/generic weapon statline for Crisis suits to rep their legendary flexibility long before i expected fixed armaments, that has literally never been their thing...

Edited by Noserenda

5 minutes ago, Noserenda said:

Honestly, id have expected a flexible/generic weapon statline for Crisis suits to rep their legendary flexibility long before i expected fixed armaments, that has literally never been their thing...

Something along the lines of Obliterators perhaps.

Here's hoping the CSM dex doesn't suddenly come with 3 types of Obliterator.

33 minutes ago, Noserenda said:

Oh wow, this is their positive spin? That bodes really badly for the rest of the book.

*Edit*

26 minutes ago, Nephaston said:

Something along the lines of Obliterators perhaps.

Here's hoping the CSM dex doesn't suddenly come with 3 types of Obliterator.

Damned if they did and damned if they didn't. I can only imagine the gnashing of teeth if Crisis suits were split into two unit data cards, one with generic anti-infantry weapons (representing flamers, burst cannons, and fragmentation missiles) and one with generic anti-tank weapons (representing the other weapons).

3 hours ago, phandaal said:

Man, if only there was some better way for a model's total points to more accurately reflect its equipment.

Many of you have already got it correct, but I'll just quote phandaal for ease on my end.

GW has jumped the shark. What an absolute failure at this point, and they have utterly lost me with this.

Pretty sad to watch and feel as ones "Hobby Interest" withers and dies, but GW has managed it across everything from the game/rules, kits (jigsaw builds) and lore/novel direction.

Sad really, wake me when they reboot 5th.

11 minutes ago, jaxom said:

Damned if they did and damned if they didn't. I can only imagine the gnashing of teeth if Crisis suits were split into two unit data cards, one with generic anti-infantry weapons (representing flamers, burst cannons, and fragmentation missiles) and one with generic anti-tank weapons (representing the other weapons).

This would have been better. Still not great, but better. 

1 minute ago, Mogger351 said:

Genuine questions to those most dismayed: Do you have any battlesuits/tau? How are they armed now? How often have you changed their loadout over the years?

I have a small collection that I started before 10th dropped. I was excited at the prospect of a suit army. I wont be adding to that collection now, and frankly I cannot even think of what GW could do this edition to bring me back.

6 minutes ago, Mogger351 said:

Genuine questions to those most dismayed: Do you have any battlesuits/tau? How are they armed now? How often have you changed their loadout over the years?

Both my son and I have a crisis team which we have built within the last month (my son literally this week because he got them for his birthday) with soon-to-be “illegal” loadouts.

Edited by TheArtilleryman

I just got told off on twitter, that I was gatekeeping because I advocated for more granularity in building armies in 40k. Building armies was too complicated for casual players.

3 minutes ago, TheArtilleryman said:

Both my son and I have a crisis team which we have built within the last month (my son literally this week because he got them for his birthday) with soon-to-be “illegal” loadouts.

Man that sucks

7 minutes ago, Mogger351 said:

I don’t remember how many I have. Somewhere between 18 and 24 maybe. Most have been magnetized, but maybe 6-7 have fixed loadouts. I started buying Tau about 4 months after release. 

I’ve regularly swapped loadouts between games and editions. 

I’m not too upset as I don’t play this game since the new edition. It isn’t any better in GDF due to their unit balance algorithm. It’s why I just play elves now and have two Tau armies for sale with no takers. 

40 minutes ago, Scribe said:

Many of you have already got it correct, but I'll just quote phandaal for ease on my end.

GW has jumped the shark. What an absolute failure at this point, and they have utterly lost me with this.

Pretty sad to watch and feel as ones "Hobby Interest" withers and dies, but GW has managed it across everything from the game/rules, kits (jigsaw builds) and lore/novel direction.

Sad really, wake me when they reboot 5th.

People always say “you outgrow your hobbies” when people come back to something a little older and it isn’t as much fun as it was when they were younger but Games Workshop actively left many fans behind for no reason. This datasheet/card game trash is purposeless and blatantly ridiculous. 

Edited by Marshal Rohr

3 minutes ago, Marshal Rohr said:

People always say “you outgrow your hobbies” when people come back to something a little older and it isn’t as much fun as it was when they were younger but Games Workshop actively left many fans behind for no reason. This datasheet/card game trash is purposeless and blatantly ridiculous. 

Yeah, I didnt outgrow anything. My 'peak' hobby was in my 30's, because thats when I had the money to throw at GW.

They have released an inferior version of the game, for like a decade at this point, and this datasheet stuff has always been a joke now its just a tired one.

Well. This is the stupidest stuff I've seen. Games/rules designers need to go and give their heads a wobble and see how far their product has diverged from the alleged mission statement. What GW doesn't realise is that all their influencers will jump ship to another game system once they drain the life from and finally kill off 40k. 

34 minutes ago, Mogger351 said:

I have some, one unit is CIB/MP?Sheild, the other is BC/MPx2 and I was working on a BC/MP/Shield squad. I haven't changed thier load out since I built the first two in late 8th but that's cause their not meta builds. I choose the gear (and the gear on 3 commanders) based on the mecha they were designed to emulate.

For this I'm fine swapping the CIB for a PR. What I need to know is if the suits are down to 3 hard points again and if not can we still add a 3rd weapon. 

33 minutes ago, Mogger351 said:

Nine suits (3 teams of three suits, each with a Shas'vre)

Have all of their weapon options magnetized and in spades except for Missile pod which I only have 2 of, and 1 airburst.  But the rest all have 8+ of each weapon, some in "double" custom models from 3rd party. (https://www.reddogminis.com/crisis-suit-compatible.html  Absolutely can't recommend them enough. Great stuff)

I don't think I've played a game since getting dragged back into Warhammer in 8th with the same loadout across teams. Always tried to keep a mix:

1. More fun for friends
  2. So it doesn't feel like anybody has to, or is list-tailored against.

Was always more inclined towards a combo of fusion, plasma, & flamer in 8th and 9th (Traditional deal with all comers tactical flexibility crisis); but I did love me the silliness of a BRRRRRT team of "oops all burst cannons."

So, I'm not hosed by these changes as anybody not magnetized with plenty of weapons would be, but it is still a "getting pigeon-holed" facet which I absolutely loathe in the past couple years of warhammer. (Been playing since late 3rd)

33 minutes ago, Mogger351 said:

I will answer your 'genuine' question that totally isn't meant to try and passive aggressively put down my concern.

I assume you mean crisis suits (though you didn't say that so could be wrong), of which I have 30. All of those suits have three weapons/weapon systems on them. The ones with flamers/burst cannons/plasma also usually have shields. The ones with fusions/plasma (none of which have two fusions) generally do not. I also have ion blasters, and the occasional random with missiles. 

I have not had to change the particular loadouts as I have bought them in different spots.

So, first, I know your questions were not made in good faith. Second, even if I had to change my crisis suits each and every time a codex came out- it still would be wrong. Third, I can't recall in any of the Tau codices since fifth that have made a wholesale change like this (I could be wrong, I don't feel like looking back through them).

3 minutes ago, caladancid said:

I will answer your 'genuine' question that totally isn't meant to try and passive aggressively put down my concern.

I assume you mean crisis suits (though you didn't say that so could be wrong), of which I have 30. All of those suits have three weapons/weapon systems on them. The ones with flamers/burst cannons/plasma also usually have shields. The ones with fusions/plasma (none of which have two fusions) generally do not. I also have ion blasters, and the occasional random with missiles. 

I have not had to change the particular loadouts as I have bought them in different spots.

So, first, I know your questions were not made in good faith. Second, even if I had to change my crisis suits each and every time a codex came out- it still would be wrong. Third, I can't recall in any of the Tau codices since fifth that have made a wholesale change like this (I could be wrong, I don't feel like looking back through them).

There's a lot of finger pointing there, I was curious whether people upset with the changes were directly affected and if so to what degree. Is it people with meta units that don't have a way to make them fit, people with historic units that are being pushed around by the changes, people with magnetised options who can just adapt - but does that make this more or less palatable for them?

If you're projecting your aggression there I think you might need to walk away and cool off. The rules have changed for pricing on weapons and even the number of variant weapons, but yes, some people have changed their models loadouts between editions because of how the game has shifted. They didn't have to, but chose to.

My personal stance is that they've maybe taken the greater of 2 evils but couldn't have left it as they were regardless given that pointage was never going to be an option. But I'm not sure if a generic profile is better or worse than distinct units, I might yet change my mind. Not a tau player but do play against them sometimes.

3 minutes ago, Mogger351 said:

There's a lot of finger pointing there, I was curious whether people upset with the changes were directly affected and if so to what degree. Is it people with meta units that don't have a way to make them fit, people with historic units that are being pushed around by the changes, people with magnetised options who can just adapt - but does that make this more or less palatable for them?

If you're projecting your aggression there I think you might need to walk away and cool off. The rules have changed for pricing on weapons and even the number of variant weapons, but yes, some people have changed their models loadouts between editions because of how the game has shifted. They didn't have to, but chose to.

My personal stance is that they've maybe taken the greater of 2 evils but couldn't have left it as they were regardless given that pointage was never going to be an option. But I'm not sure if a generic profile is better or worse than distinct units, I might yet change my mind. Not a tau player but do play against them sometimes.

99 times out of 100, the "genuine question" is not actually genuine, but rather an attempt at a gotcha.

Personally, if I want to make a point, I try to avoid asking questions I don't know the answer to. More often than not you end up with egg on your face.

3 minutes ago, phandaal said:

99 times out of 100, the "genuine question" is not actually genuine, but rather an attempt at a gotcha.

Personally, if I want to make a point, I try to avoid asking questions I don't know the answer to. More often than not you end up with egg on your face.

Friendly and genuine question here, your outrage is baseless isn't it??

13 minutes ago, Mogger351 said:

GW could actually just do what they need to do, and release a version with actual points and turn away from a flawed design approach.

Just maybe.