Legions Imperialis Shadowswords, Stormswords & Stormblades

Don't ask when they'll come out.

vj1weyUDiGkSFox6.jpg

irxREVvLFsct3XRV.jpg

EjkeCN3wLjTk18Mo.jpg

The rules for these tanks will be available in an upcoming expansion for Legions Imperialis, so stay tuned to Warhammer Community for more information as it comes in.

Quite a redesign over the existing 40k ones, so fair to assume they might make the jump to 28mm too.

Edited by Lord Marshal

My two favourite variants in one package, if only we were so lucky in 28mm.  I'm not an LI player but I will have to get a box of these if only because it's the only chance I will have to own a Stormblade.

Love 'em. Get churning them out Geedubs.

Hopefully we'll see some Felblades to shoot back as part of the same supplement.

Not a huge amount left of the SA side of things is there? Still a fair few Legion vehicles to come though (Sabre and Arquitor please!)

I knew it would be Shadowswords! That Stormblade and Stormsword are pleasant surprises too! They look ugly in such a weird charming way too, maybe it's the gunshield thing? I love it either way! A bit bummed it's going to be in another expansion but I'm willing to wait, especially for my titan-loving little brother.

23 minutes ago, Nova-V said:

if only we were so lucky in 28mm.

Lots of LI minis, especially tanks are based on full-scale models from what I've observed. The Leman Russes got updated hull guns like their new 28mm counterparts, Valdors/Infurnuses (Inferni?) got another sponson and the new dozer blade design. Plus plastic Assault Marines happened in LI first but they don't match as closely. Anyway, the point being is that we're seeing a lot of design elements now overlapping between LI and full-scale Age of Darkness, so it's likely (and my bet) that we'll eventually be seeing these designs for 28mm plastic. It very likely will be in another ten thousand years, but I'm saying it'll happen. Probably. Hopefully!

Edit: And that's not mentioning box art, I just processed that's a part of the overlap between Epic and 28mm too. 

Edited by utahraptor232

40 minutes ago, Burni said:

Not a huge amount left of the SA side of things is there? Still a fair few Legion vehicles to come though (Sabre and Arquitor please!)

For the SA, there's at least the Carnodons, Auroxes, and the Hermes Light Sentinel. I could see the Light Sentinels coming on a sprue with the light tanks, or maybe there's more Fast Attack options they'll add to the main AoD and LI ranges, like a Solar Auxilia pattern Tauros assault vehicle or something. I think we'll also see another Leman Russ sprue at some point that has Russes with sponsons, Demolisher Cannons, and either the Volkite Macro-sakers or Executioner Plasma Cannons.

I'm not sure what else they'd add for them at that point, but they could always go back to Imperial Armour options and do Solar Auxilia versions. Explorator-pattern Destroyer Tank Hunters could be neat.

5 minutes ago, 1ncarnadine said:

For the SA, there's at least the Carnodons, Auroxes, and the Hermes Light Sentinel. I could see the Light Sentinels coming on a sprue with the light tanks, or maybe there's more Fast Attack options they'll add to the main AoD and LI ranges, like a Solar Auxilia pattern Tauros assault vehicle or something. I think we'll also see another Leman Russ sprue at some point that has Russes with sponsons, Demolisher Cannons, and either the Volkite Macro-sakers or Executioner Plasma Cannons.

I'm not sure what else they'd add for them at that point, but they could always go back to Imperial Armour options and do Solar Auxilia versions. Explorator-pattern Destroyer Tank Hunters could be neat.

Some more types of Infantry would be neat.

No idea what kind of Infantry, but SA should definitely have more.

14 minutes ago, 1ncarnadine said:

They're also missing the regular Volkite storm sections for infantry and a bigger aerial transport would als not go amiss. Either an opposite to the thunderhawk or (fingers crossed) a stormbird. 

5 hours ago, Dark Shepherd said:

Hmmm what else will be in this expansion?

Probably a lot of dull black & white typeset, regurgitated lore amongst photo-shopped miniatures and rules for miniatures that will be usually out of stock, all in a big hardback that will make a combined 30kg of weight if you want to lug all three of them to play a game..

Sorry I will get me coat ! :biggrin:

6 hours ago, Dark Shepherd said:

Hmmm what else will be in this expansion?

Some kind of non-flying transport for your Auxilla?
The fact that every single one of your infantry is being transported by what is essentially a Horus Heresy Huey seems a little far fetched.

10 minutes ago, Indy Techwisp said:

Some kind of non-flying transport for your Auxilla?
The fact that every single one of your infantry is being transported by what is essentially a Horus Heresy Huey seems a little far fetched.d

Dracosans are already incoming. Might add auroxes too.

I mean… alright. We still have yet to see re-releases of old stuff, the new Dire Wolves that somehow already leaked out into the public, and the models to actually utilize the formations in The Great Slaughter, but sure… 

The previews for LI stuff appear to not be delayed, even though the actual releases have been. Based on the current pace I think it's likely we'll see these released this year but I wouldn't bet on it. Those Dire Wolves were previewed in July.

Meanwhile though, they really seem to be going for it with 28mm stuff for SA. I wouldn't be at all surprised if we see big ones of these. I don't know if it makes good business sense but to be fair the way they design sprues now means it might work.

Looking really obvious that all this was done for launch and they split all the rules into multiple expansions to bilk people into shelling out more.

Like, why is the "super heavy tank squadron" simply a choice between baneblade turret and hellhammer turret when theres at least another 2 super heavy tank detachments? It's not like load out and option discrepancies stopped them with the marauder detachment or anything...

So ya, stuff split to hit marketings optimal release drip, while ironically not being any more compelling when it's another iteration of "durable tank with a bunch of points defence and big main gun". We forget about marine artillery or light vehicles? Stuff to complete the formations or something?

4 hours ago, Redcomet said:

I don’t steal, so I will wait or live without 

Is it really stealing if it isn't for sale?

To quote the Lord Gaben, Piracy isn't a pricing issue, it's a service issue, a lot of the time.