43 minutes ago, Captain Coolpants said:

A huge number of releases, each edition, or supplement or model or book is "leaked". Either GW have the utmost worst luck, orrrr pretty much 99% of leaks aren't leaks at all. 

It normally depends on the style of leak, this however, is definitely unintended given that its at a 3rd party company in a different country. Most others come from within GW itself.

They wouldn't have all these leaks if they were more forthcoming and open about future projects and releases. Many other miniatures companies will show off things in early development that might not even hit retail like prototypes and the like. They are wierdly guarded about stuff now that they are publicly traded and it's unnecessary. GW could actually generate alot more hype than they do just by showing more like they did with the battle sisters.  

On the subject of the actual contents of the leak, I wonder if this "Codex" will be an actual full blown codex or a supplement like the DA release meant to go alongside the other Imperium codex's.
If it is a supplement, I wonder if it'll come with a detachment or not. Maybe a detachment or 2 that any Imperium army can use?

2 minutes ago, Amocat said:

Absolutely stoked for this: models, rules lore, all of it. Did I see a rumor the three main Ordos getting a box? 

Yup, a box for each one which will be interesting. Turns out I'm missing an ordos malleus Inquisitor in my collection, so I'm hopeful for a new Corteaz model

16 minutes ago, Indy Techwisp said:

On the subject of the actual contents of the leak, I wonder if this "Codex" will be an actual full blown codex or a supplement like the DA release meant to go alongside the other Imperium codex's.
If it is a supplement, I wonder if it'll come with a detachment or not. Maybe a detachment or 2 that any Imperium army can use?

I’m not disagreeing fully with you, but if it is a supplement, which army book do you think it would it be a supplement for?  Or are you envisioning some sort of stand-alone “Supplement”?

I don’t think the DA supplement would be a good comparison/model for it, because it is meant to only augment/supplement a single army book, while an Imperial Agents book would have the potential/necessity to supplement at least two? - Imperial Guard & Sisters of Battle - and maybe more (if those more aren’t Supplements themselves at some point): Grey Knights, Deathwatch.

I guess they could work it as a Guard supplement, and have Detachments that incorporate the Chambers Militant.  It just seems like that might work against the idea that you don’t have to have multiple books to run your full army - then again, you could potentially still run a full Agents only army without the Chambers Militant, but that feels like it would be a bit of a let down for the larger Ordos to me.

4 minutes ago, Bryan Blaire said:

I’m not disagreeing fully with you, but if it is a supplement, which army book do you think it would it be a supplement for?  Or are you envisioning some sort of stand-alone “Supplement”?

I'm envisioning this as a kind-of "General Imperium" Supplement.

Maybe only 1 or 2 detachments, but all of the Imperium factions can use them (Imperium Faction defined by any faction that can take Agents of the Imperium).

Since "Agents of the Imperium" is essentially a list of hangers-on for other armies, I see this codex/supplement "hanging-on" to the other Imperium factions rather than fully being it's own thing.

Maybe the detachments allow you to take additional Agents of the Imperium tho, so more of your total army is made up from that list.

I doubt this will be a supplement but I can see it have units from other codexes in it, sort of like what CSM does with the cult marines but expanded. So you could have one entry per Ordo, Deathwatch kill team, GK terminator squad and SoB Celestians plus all the current kill team units, a stormtroopers unit and some guard vehicles thrown in and it's looking like pretty full codex.

4 minutes ago, Bryan Blaire said:

I don’t think the DA supplement would be a good comparison/model for it, because it is meant to only augment/supplement a single army book, while an Imperial Agents book would have the potential/necessity to supplement at least two? - Imperial Guard & Sisters of Battle - and maybe more (if those more aren’t Supplements themselves at some point): Grey Knights, Deathwatch.

I guess they could work it as a Guard supplement, and have Detachments that incorporate the Chambers Militant.  It just seems like that might work against the idea that you don’t have to have multiple books to run your full army - then again, you could potentially still run a full Agents only army without the Chambers Militant, but that feels like it would be a bit of a let down for the larger Ordos to me.

Supplements technically dont have to supplement a single or any specific army. And in the current mechanic, detachments really dont have to either, it helps to have a keyword.. wich Imperium just so happens to be... but even that isnt needed.

If it is an "imperium supplement" the army you choose can be any faction, as long as the imperium keyword is shared.

Your army for example is astra militarum, next you take the ordo Xenos detachment... the latter giving you access to adding the agents to your guard army... the guard side of your army still has its army rules as these are not part of the detachment. That exact same ordo Xenos detachment however can be used on Admech, spacemarines, sisters of battle etc. 

Thats how this could work, it probably will be a weird and unneccesarily complex approach though...

This is great news- I'm happy to get a dedicated book after two editions without one. I don't want to get too hopeful or speculate too much- I hope we get some real information before too long. A dedicated book should give us more to work with than we have right now, but it could just as easily be worse. 

As long as they improve the Inq stuf/agents most of its reprinted overcosted trash from 8th that hardly anyone uses:mellow:

Apart from the odd unit like assassins or picks for fluffy reasons:tongue:

A codex and allegedly a box set/kit per major Ordo sounds like GW is rather confident. My only hope here is a well stacked multipart generic Inquisitor, since the named ones don't particularly tickle my fancy.

Hell maybe they decide to spoil us and do an Inquisitor in Carapace, Power Armour, and Terminator Armour each. Wouldn't that be nice.

17 minutes ago, Nephaston said:

A codex and allegedly a box set/kit per major Ordo sounds like GW is rather confident. My only hope here is a well stacked multipart generic Inquisitor, since the named ones don't particularly tickle my fancy.

Hell maybe they decide to spoil us and do an Inquisitor in Carapace, Power Armour, and Terminator Armour each. Wouldn't that be nice.

I'm in the same camp of wanting an Inquisitor in Terminator Armour, both because it'd be a useful tool in lists and because it's justify people saying Humans can wear Terminator armour (I've seen way too many people saying that Terminator armour is impossible for non-marines to wear and saying the old Termi-Inquis being retired means it's not canon anymore).

2 hours ago, Indy Techwisp said:

A new Daemon Host would be nice, honestly.

How about an official Cherubael?  I have an Artel copy but an official GW would be nice.

Speaking of Cherubael, on the discussion of Kasrkin vs storm troopers, I think you would be hard pressed to find a storm trooper more hard core than the Kasrkin that attacked Cherubael with a knife, stabbed him in the back and got drug around holding the knife in his back.  Yeah, he died a horrible death but that’s pretty hard core for a baseline human.

Does "inquisition henchmen" box include bits for building an inquisitor officially? If not, then a plastic kit for non-named inquisitor is very needed for the codex release.

3 minutes ago, Tokugawa said:

Does "inquisition henchmen" box include bits for building an inquisitor officially? If not, then a plastic kit for non-named inquisitor is very needed for the codex release.

If you are talking about the Inquisitorial Agents Kill Team box, then no, it doesn’t include something to officially build an Inquisitor - I think the interrogator is the closest thing you get in there.

There's currently seventeen Imperial Agent datasheets including the four assassins and five named Inquisitors. 

I think there could be room to then add in;

The Tacticus/Gravis/Phobos Deathwatch teams alongside the Corvus Blackstar (maybe Firstborn, Bikes & Terminators) for another 6-8

Grandmaster/Crowe/Voldus with Terminators/Paladins and Strike/Purifier/Purgation/Inceptor and the Dreadknights (perhaps Landraider) for 11-13

Add in some reverse Imperial Agents rule for Detachments to let the Deathwatch and Grey Knight forces add in vehicles and characters from the Marine codex, and perhaps a more general 'Inquisitorial Mandate'/'Writ of Passage' for the Inquisitorial or Rogue Trader ones to take 1-3 units from other Imperial factions and you'd have a huge array of new lists opening up from a book that has the same number of datasheets as the new Tau book.

Might even be room to add in a Missionary or Navigator as alternative warlords/characters using the Blackstone Fortress characters.

The Grey Knight symbol is above the "Banishing Deamons" fluff text and they kind of just need three kits to update them in scale with Primaris.

Edited by Tastyfish