New Chaos Lord & Chaos Lord with Jump Pack (also battleforce sets)

56 minutes ago, Indy Techwisp said:

It's a problem for us Cult Marine factions.

We can't take Pistol Cultists at all, nor can we take Traitor Guard.

That said, if TSons traded Autoguns and Special Weapons on our Cultists for the ability to take Traitor Guard I'd be happy with that trade.

It doesn’t effect cult marines yet? Their codexes aren’t out

Another change: when Helbrutes have two melee weapons, both of those weapons gain +2 to their attacks. (Still can only use one per fight, but fist + power scourge now gives you the choice of 7 fist attacks or 10 scourge.) No more [Twin-Linked] for having two fists.

7 minutes ago, LSM said:

Another change: when Helbrutes have two melee weapons, both of those weapons gain +2 to their attacks. (Still can only use one per fight, but fist + power scourge now gives you the choice of 7 fist attacks or 10 scourge.) No more [Twin-Linked] for having two fists.

So in Vashtorr's detachment that is 9 fist/hammer attacks or 12 whip attacks. 

2 hours ago, tzeentch9 said:

You can make one a turn a daemon for a command point

Plus they still have the Dark Ascension Aura. That makes them good in any detachment.

16 minutes ago, happyslugger said:

Well it appears GW sold out in like 3 minutes here in UK

I managed to grab one from an independent (veterans box)

Everything is still available in the UK for me?

I'm looking forward to the Deceptors Detachment.  I get to Infiltrate for starters.  Soul Link is going to have some hilarious uses, and you can use Falsehood to jump into a unit that is getting ganked by an HQ and slam a Lord into the combat to swing things.

I think the Pick Them Off and From All Sides strats will be the go-to's, the latter especially if you're dropping Terminators onto the board.  A 6" charge is much easier than a 9" charge, and infiltrating Cultist Mobs are great cheap chaff to launch the "preparatory" charges to build up that +3 to charge rolls.  Relentless Pursuit gives a nice shifty movement option.

Detonator is cool and I will enjoy using it, don't get me wrong, but the 18" range from a character requirement is going to limit its uses in game. 

2 hours ago, happyslugger said:

On my laptop it showed sold out at 10:03 am lol

Screenshot_20240511-111747.png

Weird, it was still showing available when I had a look around 1015am, and Dread Talons was still available about an hour after that too. All gone now of course. 

4 minutes ago, Annatar Giftbringer said:

Am I the only one mildly overwhelmed by all the new detachments and stuff, thus considering to use Pactbound Zealots just because it’s familiar?

The detachments are IMHO alright; but some of the rules are needlessly wordy or conditional. 

They should just made them more straightforward and just have increased the CP cost instead. 

Yeah the Raiders Detatchment is perfect for them as they want to be fighting on objectives anyways and with the extra ap, even Chainswords start getting scary. The strats also benefit jumping out of transports and also jumping back into them (if played correctly)

I'm extremely happy with the codex, I think a lot of the detatchments look good but not too powerful, a lot of datasheets are still getting their weight pulled by the detatchments and points will obviously be where the full context shows everything off. Looking forward to getting my hands on it!

Only missing now the crusade rules and codex points to be leaked. Not that the latter matter at all nowadays, but Im curious to see towards wich pointshold does GW think the cultist firebrand should be priced.

https://www.goonhammer.com/codex-chaos-space-marines-10th-edition-the-goonhammer-review/

very detailed instruction.

"If you’re a Custodes player who read our review of Codex: Adeptus Custodes and came here hoping to see me all mad about Games Workshop “doing to my book what they did to Custodes,” well bad news: They didn’t – this book rules. "

Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, Redsun said:

The crusade rules are basically the same as the 9th ed ones. I have the codex. You still get that table to choose 3 paths to improve if you win

Interesting. And which new battle honours, relics and agendas are there? I supose there'd be a new damned table, right?

Edited by Garrac