New Chaos Lord & Chaos Lord with Jump Pack (also battleforce sets)

10 hours ago, Xenith said:

Interesting, CSM get as a unit special rule a tyranid detachment bonus. Interesting if they still regenerate also, nids pay 1cp for that! 

I do think that these codexes, Orks and CSM are probably the power level going forwards. Maybe the previous ones were written for the former 10th ed, before they did a 180. 

Nids in particular feel really underpowered, and only win games through the unintentional benefit of small units that can infiltrate/deepstrike/get spawned and can do objectives, with little killing power comparatively. 

It's the old Black Templars chapter ability:facepalm:.

Orks codex has done well on diversity, but power creep…let's see how it works after the first nerf to meganobz.

Posted (edited)
44 minutes ago, TrawlingCleaner said:

The highs of the Soul Forged to the lows of the Dread talons :blink:

RDT_20240510_0701085693739402782346053.thumb.jpg.a01dabe446cd8db8053b3fc04e56ef69.jpg

RDT_20240510_07014858676589236412609.thumb.jpg.466b6a2250eab1bd7800da76b96f7f39.jpg

Funnily enough, it's an improved version of the Chaos Knight detach rules.

Also, not that anyone cares a lot (im holdin on other detachs, logically), but looks very usable on a cultist-only army.

Edited by Garrac

I guess I don't see how the Dread Talons will be especially useful- forcing Battle Shock tests just doesn't seem like it is going to do much. With even the basic IG infantry squad having Ld of 7+, you are hoping that you have enough units close to force something like a 9+ needed; in that case why don't you just have all those units killing the enemy? I get that flipping objectives through making the enemy OC 0 via Battle Shock, but it just seems less useful than something else. Thematic though.

26 minutes ago, Mogger351 said:

Some datasheets and all detachments: https://imgur.com/a/XR3aghl the raiders one is amazing imo

The Alpha Legion-esque one sounds like a ton of fun. Interesting enhancements and strategems as well such as Detonator and Lone Operative. 

The siege host sounds strong too; the core rule is nice especially on vehicles. 

10 minutes ago, Lord_Ikka said:

I guess I don't see how the Dread Talons will be especially useful- forcing Battle Shock tests just doesn't seem like it is going to do much. With even the basic IG infantry squad having Ld of 7+, you are hoping that you have enough units close to force something like a 9+ needed; in that case why don't you just have all those units killing the enemy? I get that flipping objectives through making the enemy OC 0 via Battle Shock, but it just seems less useful than something else. Thematic though.

If I was a Night Lords player; I’d opt to use the Raiders detachment instead. 

Depends on datasheets changes. If culminating with current ones -2tests near raptors... more tests and so on. Is a shame dosent seem to be more linked in for them though.

I do quite like what i see of the fell hammer host... seem pretty tough and some fun tricks. Harder to wound. Turning guns to pistols. Taking enemys down with mortals in cc... all fun!

Posted (edited)

Woo! Huron still lives! A thought goes out to the Exalted Champion who took the hit :biggrin:

For a more extensive look at the datasheets there's a Google doc floating around too I think I got everything here: https://imgur.com/a/s16BgiR

@Joe this includes Traitor Guardsmen too

The Defiler gets a really cool change to allow a free Counter-Offensive strat per fight phase which is nuts

Bikes now only get +1S on the charge which is a bit meh, I quite liked the pick up from a board edge and put into strat reserves

The Corsairs detachement is amazing! Loads to look through here :wub:

Dark Pacts are now done before you start rolling which is a welcome change I think, it means you could lose models before shooting or fighting

Edited by TrawlingCleaner

14 minutes ago, TrawlingCleaner said:

pastedimage0.thumb.png.c3c30461a452c32d3a163945fbea0b45.png

pastedimage1.thumb.png.ddb7b4ed65ddba8249a858a91f777b22.png

Here's the Cult one, I thought I'd seen it! Sorry for missing it off list but I've added it to the Imgur link too :biggrin:

THANK YOU VERY MUCH 

45 minutes ago, TrawlingCleaner said:

Here's the Cult one, I thought I'd seen it! Sorry for missing it off list but I've added it to the Imgur link too :biggrin:

Thanks a lot, mate! If I’m not mistaken, the Vashtoor datasheet is the only thing missing now. 

Posted (edited)

Cypher getting to use his guns both as [Pistol]s in the shooting phase and as his attacks in the fight phase is fun. (Does his Guns Blazing work when someone targets him?) Big nerf on Agent of Discord though, changed to only effecting stratagems used on a unit within 12".

//

Noticed that Spawn have gone from regenerating d3 wounds to subtracting 1 OC from enemies withitn 3" (and losing their point of OC themselves).

Traitor Guardsmen's special weapons changed from three, "to a maximum of 2 of each" to three, "no duplicates".

Edited by LSM