New Chaos Lord & Chaos Lord with Jump Pack (also battleforce sets)

Quite like the jump pack lord. To many teeth everywhere though, need to sand off the ones on the collar/inside the jump pack intakes. Could fit nice for a lord with the NL Kill Team i guess.

The lord on foot bothers me for some reason, something about it i just don't like, might be the giant tactical rock, or the cloak/symbols making it look a little AoS-ish for lack of a better term.

Both kits look multipart, they're going to be quite nice additions to the range. They've been a long time coming though.

I really like the MK V-esque helmet for the standard Chaos Lord, very nice, as that's one of my favorite armor marks. Hopefully World Eaters get some access to some of this too, hopefully at least the basic Chaos Lord. I'll have to pick up another kit if so.

7 minutes ago, Tokugawa said:

"It’s one of the largest codexes so far, with eight Detachments that capture the fighting styles of classic Traitor Legions, as well as other renegade forces like piratical raiders and devotees of Vashtorr the Arkifane."

Hmmm...

Five Undivided Legions.

Red Corsairs

Vashtorr's BadMech.

Creations of Bile?

1 minute ago, Special Officer Doofy said:

That's my guess, unless Emperors Children are still in the book, then I would guess bile gets bumped.

I think Emperors Children won't be in it, and they'll do similar to WE last edition. So something like a EC force in a White Dwarf until they get their standalone Codex.

5 minutes ago, LSM said:

Hmmm...

Five Undivided Legions.

Red Corsairs

Vashtorr's BadMech.

Creations of Bile?

5 undivided, Red Corsairs, Vashtorr's Daemon Engine Monster Mash and the Cultist/Traitor Guard heavy one they mentioned in the chatshow segment.

They both have similar design concept, options and quality with their loyalist counterparts(primaris jump captain and captain in company heroes box) .

Something interesting from the Warcom article for both of these:

-Foot Lord

"choose from a chainaxe, an accursed maul, or a daemon hammer in his right hand, and a plasma pistol or power fist in his left."

Is this most likely flavour text from the Warhammer community team, or does it hint at a return to more classic weapon options?

My bet is definitely on the former but it would be cool if I were wrong.

-Jumpack Lord

"A power axe or fist can be paired with a plasma or bolt pistol, giving the Lord a balanced combo loadout perfect for all kinds of foes."

Looks like there is going to be a power fist option that we don't see in any of the pics. Hoping for something between the chosen and legionaries' power fists. Less teeth, but cooler posing.

Edit: Looks like there is an image of the jumpack lord with the powerfist

2-new-chaos-lords-v0-xz5bkivvslpc1.webp

Edited by Ezekyle_Abaddon

I'm finding the jump lord pretty underwhelming. It seems quite static compared to the loyalist jump captain, like he's just hanging in the air.

Lord on foot is decent. Hoping the fist/axe combo means something with Extra Attacks.

Very happy with the on-foot Lord, he's more or less exactly what I wanted (though I could do without the tactical rock). Cloak? Check. Badass helmet? Check. Selection of weapons? Check. Definitely picking one up!

The jump-pack lord suffers from GW's insistence on every unit with a jump-pack being in the air somehow regardless of how silly it is, and the pose just seems awkward. Almost like he's floating or dangling rather than coming crashing down or rocketing up.

+Edit+ Also here's a pic of the JP Lord with a power fist/bolt pistol, looks pretty similar to the claws. Maybe just replaces the fingers?

r/Warhammer40k - 2 new Chaos Lords!

Edited by KaosRaptor

51 minutes ago, Indy Techwisp said:

5 undivided, Red Corsairs, Vashtorr's Daemon Engine Monster Mash and the Cultist/Traitor Guard heavy one they mentioned in the chatshow segment.

Oh sweet Lord let it be true. We got HQ's and multiple types of infantry. Just let us ally in AM armor and artillery Brood Brothers style.

Love both lords. Will definitely pick up the jump pack Lord down the line to Tzeentchify

1 minute ago, Kaiju Soze said:

I'm finding the jump lord pretty underwhelming. It seems quite static compared to the loyalist jump captain, like he's just hanging in the air.

Lord on foot is decent. Hoping the fist/axe combo means something with Extra Attacks.

Same here. I'm hoping the cape from the chosen box makes him look more imposing/dynamic

A good base changed too. Haarken's base might make him look less floaty than the helmet smoke

6 minutes ago, Kaiju Soze said:

Static? Really?

Image_1710997593232.jpg

Will definitely be picking up th foot Lord for my fledgling CSM army to replace the one from BSF I donated it to my brother for his fledgling CSM army LOL. I love this model so much and somehow they have managed to make him even better than the one from BSF which is a tough thing to accomplish as he was pretty much perfect to begin with.

5 minutes ago, sitnam said:

Oh sweet Lord let it be true. We got HQ's and multiple types of infantry. Just let us ally in AM armor and artillery Brood Brothers style.

>Cultist Detachment

>Makes Traitor Guard, Fellgors and Accursed Cultists gain Battleline

>Replaces the Cult Marines you can "soup in" with the Cult Cultists from their army (Jackals, Tzaangors, Poxwalkers and whatever EC are getting).

1 hour ago, Indy Techwisp said:

and the Cultist/Traitor Guard heavy one they mentioned

now-attention.gif

Hopefully that'll be something akin to the classic Lost and the Damned list from the Eye of Terror campaign book! 

Otherwise I'm a bit underwhelmed by the new Chaos Lords (that Raptor Lord looks like it's going to be the most easy to break miniature in the entire Chaos Marine Range :whistling:); the army sets aren't terribly exciting either, unless you want to bulk out your army cheaply, I guess. 

15 minutes ago, Indy Techwisp said:

>Replaces the Cult Marines you can "soup in" with the Cult Cultists from their army (Jackals, Tzaangors, Poxwalkers and whatever EC are getting)

Oh now that is a nice addition. Be nice if I could bring in my disc Tzaangors but I kind of doubt it