Legions Imperialis reinforcements

The NZ site has the manufactorium scenery on pre-order as well this weekend so hopefully that’ll get a UK re-release tomorrow as well (looking like it’s GW only though). 

No drop pods or dire wolves on NZ yet. Was curious about the drop pod sprues. The Arvus look very quick to build and the LR Proteus looks as you’d expect. 

1 hour ago, Burni said:

The NZ site has the manufactorium scenery on pre-order as well this weekend so hopefully that’ll get a UK re-release tomorrow as well (looking like it’s GW only though). 

No drop pods or dire wolves on NZ yet. Was curious about the drop pod sprues. The Arvus look very quick to build and the LR Proteus looks as you’d expect. 

The usual "online only" is missing so it's at least not webstore only. Are FLGS not getting it? A product not being available to them but also not being webstore only is rare.

Edited by Matrindur

7 hours ago, Matrindur said:

The usual "online only" is missing so it's at least not webstore only. Are FLGS not getting it? A product not being available to them but also not being webstore only is rare.

That’s a good point. I just based it on the fact that it wasn’t in the retailer price list this week.

It’s a shame the drop pod is so polarising. It is too expensive per model but the original epic beach ball model (along with the Warhound) are so iconic to me, there was no way I wasn’t going all in. 

8 hours ago, Valkyrion said:

I'm almost certainly a minority here, but I don't think Drop Pods need to exist,  It's £35 for 35 points or whatever, and in my limited social interaction, no one cares about the drop pod anyway.  Pay the points for your unit to deepstrike and that;s enough?

It's probably not that much of a minority as previous versions of the game used either a different ratio of drop pods to minis or even just tokens. I think also they were less common, I can't remember them being used much at all (this could have been down to them being expensive and metal minis in a small blister pack).

I guess now you have the combination of them being effective in the rules, but perhaps overly complex/large mini design which means they are very expensive for their points value and so that box cost feels egregious.

I was quite quick to pre-order some of the new shiny LI stuff, then noticed the following: "Pre-Order today and we will dispatch to you on or before 6th July 2024."

And a CYA statement in each product description: "This product is expected to be in high demand and has a very limited quantity available for the release day, which may cause a delay in the shipping of this item. Due to this, we have extended the release window of this product. This is an estimated date, and more stock may be available earlier.
We have had confirmation that more stock will be available in the future, but we have not yet received a confirmed timeframe."

Expectation management ...

What did you order?

I only ordered the manufactured scenery from GW, there was nothing along those lines.

I ordered two boxes of drop pods from Firestorm Games as well, so hopefully they won’t be affected by any shipping delays.

Posted (edited)

I ordered the Dire Wolf (1), Proteus (2), Drop Pods (2), Medusa/Basilisk (1), and Arvus Lighter (1).

Not too much but the 2 boxes of Proteus and Drop Pods might see some delays based on my experience with the previous wave.

I ordered from Wayland.

Edited by Mendi Warrior
Added info

Seems like the Manufactorum is a GW exclusive after all even if doesn't say "Online only" as none of my normal shops nor the most known UK shops seem to have it.

Also we still don't have any sprues or the drop pods or artillery nor any unboxings for them I could find. But based on the parts count on the four new sets which is 100x for 8 Arvus, 104x for 6 Proteus, 128x for 8 artillery and 128x for 4x droppods, the drop pods will have a lot of parts.

Of course some of those bits are just options especially with the two different drop pods included in the box but its still about 12x per Arvus, 16x per Artillery, 17x per Proteus and 32x per Drop Pod

32 pieces per drop pod is pretty nuts. Going to be interesting seeing what these pieces are.

No one seems to have reviews up of the LI stuff (and therefore sprue photos). Seems to be just Underworlds this week.

UK stock seems not too bad overall. I can still get hold of everything if I try different sites but almost everyone is sold out of one thing or another (usually the LR or the drop pods). Personally I managed to order everything I wanted this morning, we’ll see if it all arrives…

40 euro for 24pts worth of models (where the typical game is supposedly 3000pts) has to be one of the worst cost to points ratio out of any of the GW games. At any point, did anyone say "Actually, we don't need the pods to open, at this scale it doesn't make sense anyway, and that way we can fit loads more on the sprue"? You could make perfectly good drop pods out of two pieces, and sell a reasonable amount per sprue. Now people will look at the cost and just pass them up completely, or 3d print them to get the amount they need.

The drop pods seem to have taken about one hour to go temporarily not available on GW website (unsure how fast it was, definitely not longer than one hour).

Curious to see the sprue as well. I guess the 32 pieces will be split between the 5 doors, the 5 vertical structure elements, the base of the pod and the top part should probably be 2 pieces each (maybe 3 for the base?), then the options: 5 missile pods + 1 specific floor element + 1 specific inner top element + 1 central element and 5 "seats" + 1 specific floor element + 1 central element + 1 bolter + 1 bolter base. Based on that I don't think magnets will be an easy option.

With regards to the Dire Wolf, it seems there is only one set of legs but like for the warhounds they can probably be used left or right.

If anyone missed out on the Drop Pods (and actually for lots of Epic stuff, it's a great resource) check out the mini wars website https://miniwars.co.uk/epic-40k/miniatures/space-marines/drop-pod/

For 3d printing the KMFP designs ones (open and closed) seem pretty popular. Vanguard Miniatures and Onslaught (if you are in the US) also do proxy equivalents.

I've gone for these as thought the Dreadclaw suits my Night Lords a bit more (I don't know if Dreadclaw rules will come eventually, but just using as standard pods for now)

https://cults3d.com/en/3d-model/game/five-finger-death-punch-epic-scale-8mm

20240114_094534.jpg

Edited by Pacific81

• 2 weeks later...

Well the postman has just been and delivered my 2 boxes of Drop Pods.

They go together almost exactly like the full sized model. Including the interior with the harness assembly around the central console. They will definitely need painting in sub-assemblies if you choose to leave the doors open.

I do love a drop pod though, they’re so quintessentially Space Marine. It’s just a shame they’re only 4 to a box.

Yeah the parts are shocking similar to the 28mm one. The storm bolter is even in two pieces! I’d literally just finished building my last Leviathan dread (with its crazy piece count) when the postman knocked.

As Sky Potato says, I may have to work out some subassembly’s for painting these.

So it's like, a 20+ part model that costs 6 points lol.

Maybe I'm a big dumb dumb, but a lot of the vehicles seem a little overindulgent in their parts count and assembly method. Like, these things are a quarter of the size for mass-battle use; they don't need to have super-sharp details equivalent to their full scale models. 

It feels like they designed both factions infantry boxes to be super low piece count, but then the solo vehicles to be as much as possible. The marines got a lot of flack for the compromises needed to keep them single piece,

Spoiler

(and basically all the arguments to justify them were junk [the poses didn't need a 1:1 with the heresy range; they didn't need chain bayonets; the complaints about glueing the mk6 pads together is that it was very easy to make an ugly seem, not that the part count was too high or hard to glue] or have been undermined by more recent kits [see every multipart kit for LI like the leviathan and pods and their tiny pieces])

but doing a 180 in terms of part count wasn't the right call. And is ironically the same issue as the single piece marines (needless detail for the scale). 

1 hour ago, SkimaskMohawk said:

So it's like, a 20+ part model that costs 6 points lol.

Maybe I'm a big dumb dumb, but a lot of the vehicles seem a little overindulgent in their parts count and assembly method. Like, these things are a quarter of the size for mass-battle use; they don't need to have super-sharp details equivalent to their full scale models. 

It feels like they designed both factions infantry boxes to be super low piece count, but then the solo vehicles to be as much as possible. The marines got a lot of flack for the compromises needed to keep them single piece,

Reveal hidden contents

(and basically all the arguments to justify them were junk [the poses didn't need a 1:1 with the heresy range; they didn't need chain bayonets; the complaints about glueing the mk6 pads together is that it was very easy to make an ugly seem, not that the part count was too high or hard to glue] or have been undermined by more recent kits [see every multipart kit for LI like the leviathan and pods and their tiny pieces])

but doing a 180 in terms of part count wasn't the right call. And is ironically the same issue as the single piece marines (needless detail for the scale). 

I'm having a ball remaking my HH dream armies in tiny scale with all the details. Worse models would've seen me not get any.

5 minutes ago, Interrogator Stobz said:

Lolz, mee too, but only as a list. Still cannot for the life of me get anything I want in stock here in NZ.

Man they REALLY need to get back on top of things with stock stuff. It seems to be stabilizing a bit here in Europe. Hope it picks up for you guys over there soon as well!