More 40k models removed from Webstore

Go to solution Solved by Indy Techwisp,

As people have probably seem in this thread, we've lost a couple Daemons from the Webstore.

However, they're not the only kits that seem to be gone.

Also missing (as per the last time I checked the website) are:

● Dark Angels Lieutenant Zakariah

● Dark Angels upgrade sprue, firstborn and Primaris (about to be replaced by the new DA upgrade sprue)

●Brood Brothers (about to be replaced by Killteam)

●Ork combat patrol (new version upcoming)

●Custodes combat patrol (new version upcoming)

●Some Battlezone Frontieris terrain

●Forgeworld Malchador Defender

●Forgeworld Inferno Lance Wraith Knight

Afaics, that's everything else getting rotated.

1 hour ago, Indy Techwisp said:

● Dark Angels upgrade sprue, firstborn and Primaris (about to be replaced by the new DA upgrade sprue).

The Primaris ones are present in the new DA Combat Patrol, so it'd be weird if they stay gone.

25 minutes ago, The Praetorian of Inwit said:

Odd to see the DA Lieutenent going. A plastic kit, still relatively new, part of tHe Space Marine line. A bit of weird decision to me. 

There’s now a generic kit that can be combined with Dark Angel upgrade bits. If stock was low and sales were low they may have decided not to bother with a new production run.

Kind of odd that this guy is still available then. Though I'm not complaining, I might actually want to pick up another copy of this guy sometime. The new Lieutenant kit is certainly superior to Zakariah in terms of options but lacks in Dark Angel flair.

Edited by CL_Mission
spelling

8 minutes ago, CL_Mission said:

Kind of odd that this guy is still available then.

Man it must be such a waste of money, molding time, and storage space to have a separate sprue for every single skew of Lieutenant that your average customer will only ever buy once, if at all. Not to mention the chapter specific ones which will only appeal to a subset of those customers. If only they had started with the multipart one, they could have saved so much money, time, and space, and prevented the severe annoyance factor of ~20 lieutenant releases.

Maybe they will finally realise it.

Malcador Defender is there in UK but marked sold out online.

Likely for a plastic kit at some point I'd imagine.

When I worked at GW I was told the scenery production capacity was problematic due to it being made in China hence why stuff randomly goes off the website for ages and then reappears in random Killteam or battle zone boxes before vanishing again. 

Edited by Waaagh?

It's not surprising. The availability of stock is hurting the company.

Also, there's a feeling of everything and anything can go at any time that has spread. It's grimly poetic really, because many AoS fans I saw defending the obliteration of the Old World and Firstborn, or the Forge World Legends debacle, as "necessary" are upset now it's happening to them.

How many people will want to buy into games where their models are at risk of being culled a few years later (literally a year with the Kratos for example) is beyond my complete prediction but I suspect GW will have to shift sooner.

Practically speaking, as a man with kids and a job and all the trimmings to afford, I can't justify working a few Saturdays for GW stuff that might disappear soon after purchase. If I feel that way, there's others who do too.

I don't know what to think really. I used to love 40K, but it feels like it isn't 40K anymore and already gone. I love Necromunda and Legions Imperialis and Adeptus Titanicus, so I don't want them to suffer too (despite the latter possibly already going) but I really do think this all heralds GW looking to sell up portions of the company/IP.

Edited by Captain Idaho

Also I don't think rotating out and retiring stuff is apocalyptic for anyone and as annoying and upsetting as seeing a kit go to legends rules might be, 'oooh new shiny' will always carry the day. I don't really think there's anything wrong with legends rules & think everyone is being very silly refusing to use them.

I also think hobbyists who play would be blown away by dwarfed by painter and hobbyists who simply don't, let alone how few play games that should be reasonably be designated as 'competitive.'

40k also seems to be the only collecting hobby where people think they should be able to have all products available at all times. I guess people take comfort in the notion that they can get whatever kit, that one day they can just grab it on a whim. Logistically that's not possible and historically has never actually played out that way.

Edited by Wispy

55 minutes ago, Captain Idaho said:

Also, there's a feeling of everything and anything can go at any time that has spread. It's grimly poetic really, because many AoS fans I saw defending the obliteration of the Old World and Firstborn, or the Forge World Legends debacle, as "necessary" are upset now it's happening to them.

In addition to the way models are added and removed, people should also remember that unit sizes can change at the drop of a balance sheet or codex. That unit you spent hours assembling and painting to be 10 or 20 models can become 5 or 10 models, and the remainder can just go right up your... Well, GW got the money already so it's fine.

It is good that there are more alternative rulesets these days. That way, if people and their friends are still having fun with the current game and design, they can still enjoy that. For anyone else, there are a bunch of other places to use their models now.

21 minutes ago, Felix Antipodes said:

My biggest worry about the Zakariah model going is that it may be a precursor of losing all Chapter specific lieutenants, replaced with a generic model only distinguishable by the colours it is painted.  It seems to be an ongoing trend at GW to my eyes.

People panicking about Zacharia but he's probably moving to a bundle like how Haldor Icepelt has spent basically his entire existence.

Currently Haldor is only available in Space Wolves Combat Patrol.

Edited by Wispy

2 hours ago, phandaal said:

It is good that there are more alternative rulesets these days. That way, if people and their friends are still having fun with the current game and design, they can still enjoy that. For anyone else, there are a bunch of other places to use their models now.

Alternate rules, alternate models, headcanon... the wargame of Theseus :laugh: