More 40k models removed from Webstore

Go to solution Solved by Indy Techwisp,

1 minute ago, Indy Techwisp said:

Hey, anyone know how to retroactively make the starting post of a thread anonymous?

Looking at how what was meant to be a news/informational thread has rapidly and severely devolved, I'd like to no longer be associated with this thread.

I wouldn't worry too much, as people can see what is posted by who, therefore any association with XYZ poster has no bearing on the original poster.

But no, we can't do anonymous posting sorry.

On 4/9/2024 at 12:05 AM, Tokugawa said:

GW has their pride and don't want video games studio "command" them? GW didn't make any Blood Raven products when DoW was at its prime popularity.

It's more because they want the video games showcasing their miniatures rather than miniatures showcasing video games. They'd prefer character designs be very archetypal and analogues to their miniatures. 

Plus trying to line up miniature production & video game production windows is a massive challenge. 

On 4/9/2024 at 8:05 AM, Tokugawa said:

GW has their pride and don't want video games studio "command" them? GW didn't make any Blood Raven products when DoW was at its prime popularity.

Wasn’t Gabriel Angelos a FW model until very recently? And there was a Captain Titus model released in the last year or so as well.

I watched a documentary today about a teenager clothing brand, and fast fashion. And it hit me, GW is the fast fashion company in the wargames sphere.

Always buy new stuff, don’t use it all that much, and but new stuff. The constant churn of new releases every week is very fast fashion.

On 4/11/2024 at 11:30 AM, Redcomet said:

I watched a documentary today about a teenager clothing brand, and fast fashion. And it hit me, GW is the fast fashion company in the wargames sphere.

Always buy new stuff, don’t use it all that much, and but new stuff. The constant churn of new releases every week is very fast fashion.

Yeah it feels that way..

I started studying again, like mid-life, so my economy is not GW friendly. But I cam e back into the hobby during this period anyways. However, it forces me to plan my purchases carefully and I can´t get that much. But that is not just a bad thing. I calue the small purschses more and never have a huge back-log. Right now, 20 infantry, 4 monster-sized things, a pair of war machines and half a BB-team. Which right now feels like a big back log.

My point is though, going with the approach of buy a unit, model it, paint it, then buy more makes me waste much less money and i will try to stick to that when better times come too. it is much less "stressful", as I genuinley feel some kind of stress (a little disrespectful use of that word though) when having loads of unpainted models.

I even get rid of stuff I won´t paint in the near future and it makes me feel much better about the hobby..

But i agree, that is not what GW wants us to do, they want us to buy as much of the new releases as possible and hoard it - or something..

On 4/11/2024 at 8:39 AM, Sky Potato said:

Wasn’t Gabriel Angelos a FW model until very recently? And there was a Captain Titus model released in the last year or so as well.

Yeah, there was GA model from FW that got retired a year or so ago (maybe more). 
There was also a 'Chapter Master' figure from Artel_W that had a very passing resemblence to him... :ohmy:

That model has also been retired, but it was one of the STL's they relased for free when they got retired. I've got a copy of said file somewhere, but I'm sure it can still be found online if anybody felt the need.