8 minutes ago, Xanthous said:

At least the leader of this box can actually join the boys he comes with

I liked the fact you had multiple elements in the previous CP box. Really don't like the new one.

20 Boyz vs 20 snaggas

Squighogs + smasha vs koptas

Warboss vs snaggaboss

Dread vs...

Less box value and interest value.

40 minutes ago, MARK0SIAN said:

It’s always annoying when the entry boxes for each faction gear you towards a very specific subset or list for a particular army. Like when the TS ones were full of goats or the DG one was just pox walkers. 

Combat patrol should be a more generic representation of the faction. 

Current one was excellent, Boyz, dread, koptas. Different elements. New one is some Boyz and cavalry... Really dull, poor to learn the game with as there's no real shooting so it's very one dimensional.

I take it beast snaggas haven't been selling terribly well huh.

Has it been confirmed the old combat patrol box is being retired? Any chance this could be sold alongside it rather than replacing it?

I dunno, seems alright to me. Decent starter box, also works well as a way to add to an existing Beast Snaggas force. Two of those plus a Kill Rig is a reasonable foundation imo. Painting all those pelts is certainly a downside though ;-)

20 minutes ago, KaosRaptor said:

I take it beast snaggas haven't been selling terribly well huh.

Has it been confirmed the old combat patrol box is being retired? Any chance this could be sold alongside it rather than replacing it?

It's disappeared off the webstore...

12 minutes ago, Triszin said:

This box is great.

For army starting it's ok, for combat patrol games it's woefully dull for getting into the game.

21 minutes ago, andes said:

I dunno, seems alright to me. Decent starter box, also works well as a way to add to an existing Beast Snaggas force. Two of those plus a Kill Rig is a reasonable foundation imo. Painting all those pelts is certainly a downside though ;-)

Contrast paint has you there.

Oh, this is probably one of the reasons I don't like how GW runs their business. I was kinda eyeing the old Orks Combat Patrol as form of escape from painting Space Marines. But considering my pace of work and my self-imposed limitations on the size of my backlog, I could realistically start working on the contents of that box next year. Now, I feel that this situation forces my hand so I'll pass.

What I want to say is I preferred the old one. It's a shame that this is a replacement and that the two can't coexist. I think that the old box was more generic and, thus, a better entry point. Well, this is definitely a shame.

10 hours ago, 01RTB01 said:

Current one was excellent, Boyz, dread, koptas. Different elements. New one is some Boyz and cavalry... Really dull, poor to learn the game with as there's no real shooting so it's very one dimensional.

Yeah, this is essentially what I mean, the current one has a good mix of what you might call ‘classic’ 40k orks. This new one is basically a beast snaggas combat patrol, not an ork one. It’d be like if they did a space marine combat patrol and filled it with space wolves specific units, great if you like space wolves, but less so if you want ‘normal’ space marines. 

Combat patrol boxes should never be such a specific subset of units, unless it’s clearly marketed as such. They should be a general introduction to a faction. 

Edited by MARK0SIAN

23 minutes ago, Brother Christopher said:

Oh, this is probably one of the reasons I don't like how GW runs their business. I was kinda eyeing the old Orks Combat Patrol as form of escape from painting Space Marines. But considering my pace of work and my self-imposed limitations on the size of my backlog, I could realistically start working on the contents of that box next year. Now, I feel that this situation forces my hand so I'll pass.

What I want to say is I preferred the old one. It's a shame that this is a replacement and that the two can't coexist. I think that the old box was more generic and, thus, a better entry point. Well, this is definitely a shame.

Exactly. I don't dislike the sculpts at all, I think they are rather neat, but they certainly don't fit the theme of my army and if I really wanted a Beast Snagga army it's not that long ago that they dropped a box full of them.

Combat patrol should be 1 HQ, 1 Troops, 1 Elite, 1 Fast Attack and 1 Heavy Support as units were traditionally named, even if it leads to a bit of skew from time to time.

e.g, the Eldar box - farseer, guardians, wraithlord, 3 jetbikes, support weapon.

Orks - boss, boyz, nobs, squigs, lootas.

Lieutenant, intercessor, bladeguard, inceptor, eradicator

That is the basis of the game - your leader, your objective takers, your (usually) close combat elites, your (usually) ranged support and a speedy wildcard unit - not '26 models go charge'. 

It looks like the Nob is being rolled into the unit like they did with the 'Nid warriors:

You get a hulking Beastboss flanked by 20 Beast Snagga Boyz and backed up by four Squighog Boyz, making this a hard-hitting Combat Patrol with lots of big charge energy.

36 minutes ago, TrawlingCleaner said:

It looks like the Nob is being rolled into the unit like they did with the 'Nid warriors:

I saw that too. Wonder if that's a Combat Patrol specific balancing thing or will carry over to the main data sheets as well.

Agree. Not as fun as the old one. The big battle force with the Stompa is cool but this one is just meh. Same as the DA one where they removed the redemptor. Watch out for the Blood Angels one getting nerfed later on too; it’s the current trend.

14 hours ago, andes said:

I think it would be fine if it was an additional combat patrol like we have ones for different marine factions. But as the main “Ork” box, meh