2 hours ago, TheArtilleryman said:

I think it would be fine if it was an additional combat patrol like we have ones for different marine factions. 

That'd be great; this as the "Beast Snaggas Combat Patrol", the old one as a generic "Orks Combat Patrol", a "Speed Freeks Combat Patrol", and then in 11th they can give us a "Freebooters Combat Patrol" with the expansion of that side of the roster.

Tbh I miss start collecting sets. The old ork one contained what is now £113 of stuff separately and only cost 50 quid:

IMG_3693.jpeg

Inflation sucks. I just don’t like £95 as an entry point for an army box. We are sorely missing something decent for army starters at the £50ish price point right now.

The starter set for £65 is the best thing they’ve done recently. Problem is if you don’t want marines or tyranids you don’t have much in the way of other options.

Edited by TheArtilleryman

I really liked the Ork Start Collecting too, the only problem was you really only needed 1 pain boy.

If it had a plastic warboss in it? *chefs kiss*
Would have been perfect.

I had a couple of those start collecting boxes but ended up with more Nobs than you can poke a stick at ...so I turned them into beast snagga's cause i didn't need a whole army of them...just a 10 snagga blob... 

I looked on the weekend and saw My local Games shop still has a couple of those boxes on the shelf.... :wub:

M  

Random though, and sorry if someone has mentioned it already and I missed it, I wonder if Hachette will update the contents of the new combat patrol magazine to match this or if that may still be a decent source for the previous Combat patrol contents at a discount (I mainly want the deff dread to be fair but would happily have the lot for the Orks side). 

1 hour ago, lhg033 said:

Random though, and sorry if someone has mentioned it already and I missed it, I wonder if Hachette will update the contents of the new combat patrol magazine to match this or if that may still be a decent source for the previous Combat patrol contents at a discount (I mainly want the deff dread to be fair but would happily have the lot for the Orks side). 

I'm not sure to be honest, as history has shown they've made little tweaks to the models on offer. Only combat patrols they'll put out that'll match what GW has on shelves will be Space Marine and Nids. Everything else will either be already refreshed before the magazine starts (chaos, GSC, orks) or will have definitely changed during its run (eldar, IG) only two that may not have changed by then is Votann and World Eaters.

On 4/8/2024 at 12:53 PM, LSM said:

That'd be great; this as the "Beast Snaggas Combat Patrol", the old one as a generic "Orks Combat Patrol", a "Speed Freeks Combat Patrol", and then in 11th they can give us a "Freebooters Combat Patrol" with the expansion of that side of the roster.

I can understand why they don't, from a SKU bloat and "keep it simple for newbies" point of view, but if it were me calling the shots at GW I'd be offering this kind of stuff as direct-only webstore bundles. Don't need to maintain multiple different CP boxes, people can just order a combination of Boss in Mega-Armour, box of Boyz, set of Deffkoptas and a Deff Dread for a flat £95. Same for all other replaced Combat Patrols that have rules. 

Might tempt people who are averse to shopping direct with GW (like me) because the savings offered by Combat Patrols are typically superior to the 20% you can get from FLGS.