Supposed info leaks from GW

The only thing I could think about the “two games you can’t buy models for are doing badly” would be an interpretation where those game lines don’t have good revenue streams showing up on a report on sales and someone is interpreting that without fully understanding the stock/production situation currently.

As others have said, a lot of this reads more like a game of telephone results that may have started with someone within the company that doesn’t have a full company view or some such.

Edited by Bryan Blaire

5 hours ago, TrawlingCleaner said:

Chaos Dwarves have been said to be coming from a AoS leaker with a better record than Valrak (Whitefang), I trust that more than random 4chan posters

Yeah, the "anti-semitic" thing reads more like this leaker heard about some individual employee's dislike of the faction and took that as the company's stance as a whole. That is the charitable interpretation, of course. They could just be making the whole thing up.

Chaos Dwarves are styled after Babylon, with giant hats that started as an artist's way of sticking it to a designer who kept saying he didn't believe the hats were big enough.

In all honesty, LI and TOW supposedly selling out doesn't tell us much about GW's expectetions or how bigh the stock was compared to other big releases. From purely anecdotal "evidence", in my country resellers had extremly limited interest in LI, while big boxes for WH40k and HH were always in high demand for several weeks after.

I would also like to point out that as far as Chorfs are concerned, the "leak" does seem to think that the release will not have much in common with the original aesthetic, not so much that it's not happening at all - they are, as I understand, undergoing hard aosification. Even in 40k take Votann vs og Squats, whose only thing in common is being Dwarves in Space.

Games Workshop always makes enough of a product to make a profit off of its projected sales. This has been confirmed by three or four people who worked for the company, including Mark Welles. That means when a product goes out of stock, it has made its money back and covered its margin. Lack of interest in local scenes is irrelevant because that stock has already made its money. That’s an issue for the lifetime of the game, not its success, and if GW have told us anything overtly recently it’s that they don’t care about a games lifetime. People think Aeronautica was a failure, but it was extremely popular for its first box, then Covid and GW marketing shot it behind a shed. 

Edited by Marshal Rohr

The thing most makes sense to me is about Warhammer Underworlds. But just because GW can't truly handle,develop, expand and in final state, make profitable at the levels they expect any competitive game system. The lack of good rulebooks, staff dedicated, a real system of events and tournaments, and finally juicy rewards makes to sink, or nearly, any kind of project. And with that mixture of boardcgame+ ccg+ warhammer...

They dont even try with Blood Bowl but they are trying with WhU. A bit of nonsense to me.

And the fine results in Necromunda and specially Horus Heresy. One not for the game, but the miniatures.

The rest is a mixture of things, as I said earlier. Some can be true, but others sounds too fanciful or directly stolid. Otherwise I must confess that GW have the power to make the most crazy theories real...

10 hours ago, Orange Knight said:

Grey Knights becoming an ally force does kind of make sense. It's a small range with very limited thematic options. I would not take this direction, however.

In my opinion the Grey Knights and Drathwatch both belong in an Inquisition codex. The armies could be cleaned up, streamlined, and consolidated into a big book that allows you to field a thematic Inquisition war host.

I think the Deathwatch feel kind of awkward in game, and the way they function keeps being modified.

I agree with this, Grey Knights have pretty much the same problem imho, they are too hyper focused towards one specific kind of enemy

7 hours ago, Marshal Rohr said:

Maybe the big robots. Once the forge world robots go to plastic who would ever buy another Kastelan? It’s not like they ever delved deeper into Robots for Ad Mech. They haven’t even done servitors!

This makes perfect sense tbh. For years GW has been selling the Castellans as the whole of cybernetica. Once real cybernetica comes in, the Castellans will become redundant

11 hours ago, TrawlingCleaner said:

Absolute bunk mixed with their personal observations and long standing rumours, as with all 4Chan leaks :biggrin:

Chaos Dwarves have been said to be coming from a AoS leaker with a better record than Valrak (Whitefang), I trust that more than random 4chan posters

Do you where to find Whitefang's leaks?

This is quite clearly largely nonsense and guesswork.  LI for example is either selling well or they have drastically underproduced it.  They are not able get enough of the range to those who want to buy it, it can’t be doing badly by any metric.

We already have it confirmed that the inquisition/agents codex is coming out, including it as a rumour is a way to appear credible.

Good for a laugh, but not much else - seeing as they've already done Chorfs twice it's hard to see them as a less viable concept than Araby, of all things (and even Araby had a range for Warmaster, IIRC).

I think it's amusing what details they decided to include - paints a picture of the sort of person by way of what they think other people think about the hobby. Notice the lack of Heresy dooming, for example :biggrin:

Now, the one thing I do kind of hope is true is a revived Inquisition list, if only because I've been building some stormtroopers recently - but that's already been put out by another source.

5 hours ago, tinpact said:

Good for a laugh, but not much else - seeing as they've already done Chorfs twice it's hard to see them as a less viable concept than Araby, of all things (and even Araby had a range for Warmaster, IIRC).

I think it's amusing what details they decided to include - paints a picture of the sort of person by way of what they think other people think about the hobby. Notice the lack of Heresy dooming, for example :biggrin:

Now, the one thing I do kind of hope is true is a revived Inquisition list, if only because I've been building some stormtroopers recently - but that's already been put out by another source.

Oh we already know the agents of the Inquisiton codex is coming through the printer leaks a few weeks ago. However that doesn't prove anything else on this.

Really don't know why anyone would believe this, all seems like utter nonsense and goes against several things we've been told.

- Resin supposedly being phased out "by 2025" (so the end of this year), yet they've just invested quite a lot into remastering multiple models in Forgeworld resin for the Old World, including multiple brand new models. And that's when they haven't even fully released TOW armies yet, which will presumably go into 2025.

- What "new rulings" covering Resin? I can't find anything. There's the recent thing on disposable plastics, but that's a completely different matter.

- It was already obvious Beastmen were going to the Old World, especially they're still their old models for the most part.

- Kislev hasn't been said to have been scrapped but If it was the reason they say (which is just absurd because Kislev are a mix of different things), they wouldn't have got additional content in TWW3 or have been mentioned in TOW. Cathay has been said to have been coming, both by GW originally and by more recent rumours, so claiming they were never even planned doesn't make sense.

- TOW supposedly not selling well....but Kits sold out entirely (so it couldn't really have sold better) and GW has said it's such a success they've increased their scope for it

- Vampire counts by 2025, because whoever made up all this nonsense seems to think that they can design, make and release a new army in under a year.

- Makes out that more armies are going to get redesigns every 3-4 years, because that's totally feasible with GWs schedule when it takes 2-3 years to go from design to release...

- I don't see how the idea of buying 30,000 points of one faction is meant to be worse than buying 30,000 points of multiple ranges when either way they get the same money.

- Chaos Dwarfs aren't allowed now even though they chose to put them in TW:W3 with their original designs? Somehow their look is meant to be a problem yet they're still approving it with new stuff with no changes? Like there's even a new character for them in the DLC announced a few days ago, even.

- So the reason TOW isn't doing well is because Tomb Kings aren't a big villain, yet Tomb Kings are also selling the best, more so than Bretonnia which supposedly didn't sell well at all despite having had most of their range sold out and did so far faster than Tomb Kings did....

- You'd think if someone did actually know all this, they'd at least know that the name of the shops aren't "The Warhammer Shop".

- What they say about store closures doesn't seem to be backed up by anything that I can find, but it's odd to go "The name change made people stop going..!." before "People prefer to buy online or at 3rd party stores" as the reason.  That's not some new thing that's suddenly showed up over the past few years and has nothing to do with the name.

- Paints being discontinued to be replaced with just contrasts :laugh::laugh:Removing a large portion of their (from what I've seen, fairly popular?) paint range so they can sell FEWER paints, right.

The whole thing just seems like it's whatever absurd nonsensical thing they could come up with just to make people reading it worry about the things they like, it's pretty much all bad news for everything.

And there's that, for someone to have found out all this, they'd have to be in a position to find out information for multiple different games covered by different teams, the design studio in general, production plans, business motives, publishing....

Just far too much covering way too many different things for someone to find out themselves, I think. All comes across as very fake to me.

Edited by TheVoidDragon

20 minutes ago, TheVoidDragon said:

- Resin supposedly being phased out "by 2025" (so the end of this year), yet they've just invested quite a lot into remastering multiple models in Forgeworld resin for the Old World, including multiple brand new models. And that's when they haven't even fully released TOW armies yet, which will presumably go into 2025.

- What "new rulings" covering Resin? I can't find anything. There's the recent thing on disposable plastics, but that's a completely different matter

This leak is probably nonsense, yeah.

The resin thing seems like confusion with some stuff GW themselves have publicly stated regarding reducing plastic use in their packaging. i.e. their boxes. It would not have anything to do with resin.

5 minutes ago, phandaal said:

This leak is probably nonsense, yeah.

The resin thing seems like confusion with some stuff GW themselves have publicly stated regarding reducing plastic use in their packaging. i.e. their boxes. It would not have anything to do with resin.

They've already started that too. The boxes don't have cellophane wrapping anymore.

5 minutes ago, Sword Brother Adelard said:

They now have little clear stickers across the box lids.

I'm going to have to find another way to feed my 28 mm base addiction. 

(will gw notice if I take the sticker on and off again?)

1 hour ago, terminator ultra said:

I'm going to have to find another way to feed my 28 mm base addiction. 

(will gw notice if I take the sticker on and off again?)

Aha! Revealed, the true reason GW, sorry The Warhammer Shop, don't sell knives. It's to stop @terminator ultra stealing bases out of the boxes. :teehee:

1 hour ago, TheVoidDragon said:

I'm wondering, have any rumours that first appeared on that site actually ever turned out to be true? I really can't remember anything that originated there and actually was right.

I think Cursed City was leaked on there

2 hours ago, TheVoidDragon said:

I'm wondering, have any rumours that first appeared on that site actually ever turned out to be true? I really can't remember anything that originated there and actually was right.

There was that leak back in 2021 that basically laid out the entire roadmap for 9th edition 40k, including the relaunch of Squats. Where did that one originate?

14 minutes ago, phandaal said:

There was that leak back in 2021 that basically laid out the entire roadmap for 9th edition 40k, including the relaunch of Squats. Where did that one originate?

That was actually two sets of leaks that got tangled up. One set was spot on about Templars, Squats and other bits. The second set I can't recall the detail of. 

The two sets were posted here:

But now you can't see what the second set was. I remember one of them being Titanicus was being cancelled, so that was off the mark.