Supposed info leaks from GW

15 minutes ago, phandaal said:

There was that leak back in 2021 that basically laid out the entire roadmap for 9th edition 40k, including the relaunch of Squats. Where did that one originate?

I knew it as the bolter and chainsword leak, so I'm guessing here.

I found the ones I was thinking of:

https://natfka.blogspot.com/2021/12/updated-rumor-1109-compilation-40k.html?m=1

If you scroll to the very bottom there's a set of leaks from 'Juggernut' which now sound well off. AT being squatted, no chance of (what we now know as Legions Imperialism) happening etc.

There's a lot of other leaks on that page though that were spot on at a cursory glance.

Just because things are out of stock on the GW website doesn't men they are selling well. It depends on how many GW are manufacturing. LI could be out of stock because of minuscule production runs not overwhelming demand. 

I don't know why people are so against the idea of GW leaking things themselves. You are all aware that multi-national corporations do do this and GW being based in the UK doesn't make them an exception. I'm not saying they are doing it, just that it would be foolish to categorically rule it out. 

After the AoS debacle it should be obious that just because you have models in plastic, or a part of a well known and popular faction, that you are safe. If it isn't selling GW will axe it. It is very feasible that they may look to cut models that aren't selling so they can manufacture greater quantities of those that are. 

These are likely just fake but all of them could be plausible if you actually think about it. 

13 minutes ago, The Praetorian of Inwit said:

Just because things are out of stock on the GW website doesn't men they are selling well. It depends on how many GW are manufacturing. LI could be out of stock because of minuscule production runs not overwhelming demand. 

By no metric can you claim something is not selling well if you sell out your entire run.  Under production does not equal poor sales.

3 hours ago, The Praetorian of Inwit said:

It doesn't matter how big the production run was though, it literally couldn't have sold better if they sold out the stock. Whether they made a small production run or a big one, it means it matched their expectations at the very least. And I doubt they'd estimate extremely low (you'd think they'd estimate their products to be a success rather than commit to something they don't expect will sell in the first place) and then only make that exact amount of stock and no more.

Edited by TheVoidDragon

On 4/9/2024 at 8:55 AM, Ayatollah_of_Rock_n_Rolla said:

I would also like to point out that as far as Chorfs are concerned, the "leak" does seem to think that the release will not have much in common with the original aesthetic, not so much that it's not happening at all - they are, as I understand, undergoing hard aosification. Even in 40k take Votann vs og Squats, whose only thing in common is being Dwarves in Space.

Or maybe the 'leaker' made it up and it's perfectly curated Bait

Edited by The Scorpion

On 4/11/2024 at 5:45 PM, TheVoidDragon said:

I'm wondering, have any rumours that first appeared on that site actually ever turned out to be true? I really can't remember anything that originated there and actually was right.

There's been a few to be honest 

Cursed city was name dropped on 4 chan with a description before anything related to was announced or teased 

Am not sure where to find the exact breakdown again but when people say shareholders want this and that; something like 93% of the shares are owned by less than a dozen hedgefunds/investment houses

Once profits stay increasing Id say they require very little placating or interfere very little

They like things in reports like new revenue stream opened up, Amazon this, licensing deal that, W+ subscribers increased, 7m visitors a month to warcom etc

On 4/11/2024 at 4:56 PM, The Scorpion said:

Or maybe the 'leaker' made it up and it's perfectly curated Bait

Perfectly curated bait is right, this leak seems aimed to hit every major bugbear that the 40k community loves to chew on, and for that reason alone it's too perfectly incendiary to be credible. I'm surprised they didn't include re-releasing Primaris marines at a larger scale and rewriting them to be all-female in their bogus list, just to complete the rogue's gallery of 40k boogeymen.