Warhammer 40,000: Darktide - The Miniature Game

14 minutes ago, Nephaston said:

Is that the miniature of the month kasrkin? would be a nice way to get more use out of the mold.

I don't think so. That version was based off an old piece of art work.

This is super tempting, depending on price point  I already have the psyker and zealot from BSF, but I could convert these into something else. I wonder if the Traitor Guard will come with the Kill Team upgrade sprue

Edited by sitnam

16 minutes ago, Nephaston said:

Is that the miniature of the month kasrkin? would be a nice way to get more use out of the mold.

I don't believe so, below is the free model from WarCom,

vbXQrGkDlZzKu8zS.jpg

it appears to be one of the Killteam: Kasrkin models,

60010199049_EngKTShadowvaultGroup1.jpg?f

Edited by Grotsmasha

So basically the contents will be:

10 blooded/traitor guard?

6 ETB poxwakers

4 "heroes" - ogryn, psyker, scion and missionary.

Shame they couldn't do unique sculpts for the ogyrn and scion given that they would have to be recut anyway.

Also interesting that they're mixing etb and (presumably) full sprues here, as it doesn't look like the BSF traitor guard.

Edited by irlLordy

2 hours ago, Joe said:

It's just re-using existing miniatures, but still. Another potential onboarding route for the hobby.

Where have the traitor guard been seen before? They use some elements of the BSF models but they're not the same.

4 minutes ago, Cactus said:

Where have the traitor guard been seen before? They use some elements of the BSF models but they're not the same.

Indeed, they look like genuine stuff...

Poxwalker.jpg

Yeah, the poxwalkers are the etb box version sculpts. 

"Between the heroes and villains, you get a full 20 miniatures in the box – plenty for an afternoon or three of gritty spec ops missions. " So 10 Blooded version traitor guards.

Yay for a quick introductive wh40000 game.

Nay for the miniatures in it.

Why don't take this opportunity to create miniatures of the characters in the game? Mind you, they are pretty generic Inquisition recruits/rejects but with a very unique style, because of the game style itself.

It would be great for new players and great for old ones who wants just the miniatures.

But if they didn't do it with Vermintide who was a huge success, who am I kidding here?

1 hour ago, Alby the Slayer said:

Yay for a quick introductive wh40000 game.

Nay for the miniatures in it.

Why don't take this opportunity to create miniatures of the characters in the game? Mind you, they are pretty generic Inquisition recruits/rejects but with a very unique style, because of the game style itself.

It would be great for new players and great for old ones who wants just the miniatures.

But if they didn't do it with Vermintide who was a huge success, who am I kidding here?

Because these games are not straightly GW products. GW model departments dislike a customer studio who brought their IP certifications telling them what model is needed to do.

15 minutes ago, Tokugawa said:

GW model departments dislike a customer studio who brought their IP certifications telling them what model is needed to do.

Is there any evidence for this, or a supposition?

Edited by Petitioner's City

1 hour ago, Petitioner's City said:

Is there any evidence for this, or a supposition?

Of course speculation. Who can publicly admit that?

When DoW 1 & 2 were at their prime popularity, GW didn't release any Blood Raven models. Angelos model was released after DoW 3(which was an unsuccessful game).

iirc TW:WH also don't have any interaction with GW model release. 

Edited by Tokugawa

I don’t think we can really know what they like or dislike, but I think the supposition that they don’t want to create new miniatures for this sort of game is borne out by them not creating new miniatures for this game (or the many similar games).

My own take is that they have always seemed to have two “modes” when it comes to boxed games: “basic”, where they do not create new miniatures but use what they already have, and “deluxe” which are full games with bespoke miniatures (that may/may not see individual release or be reused down the road). This distinction says nothing about the quality of the rules etc. of course, it’s just about whether they fire up the miniature design team and invest in molds specifically for the game.