oyZPCTRqOTN9KIa9.jpg

WarCom Article.

Games Workshop will be closing its warehouses between the 27th of May and the 3rd of June 2024. Any orders received during this period will be dispatched once the warehouses re-open, at which point normal shipping will resume.

Obviously the big prep period for AoS 4e.

1 minute ago, Trokair said:

Did I miss April 1st?

Nice to know that someone at GW HQ has figured out how to communicate. 

its to purge the last remnants of Underworlds ;)

Makes me think its not for AOS launch as they didnt say it was; if it was for AOS launch why not say so?

But is the empty container contractual?  Are they preparing summer release or are they looking where, in the Emperor´s name, they put the stuff listed on the product rooster but that remain impossible to encounter?...

(Which might explain why a patrol box ordered 1 month ago and still marked as available has not arrived yet to my FLGS...)

The illustration is quite OK. It is ar least something worth being mentionned ...

Joe's comment is likely correct.

A few days of down time is not enough to fix the issues we are all aware of.

my guess, the warehouses are going to be pre packing the starter sets for aos 4, all hands on deck.

I agree with the thinking that it's related to the shambolic state of their logistics. Major systems renovation or replacement, that sort of thing. Fingers crossed they get it right this time.

Judging how many of the last AoS launch box are still around, a new AoS edition isn't that big an event. They didn't shut down the warehouse last year for Leviathan after all.

I placed and order Wednesday and it surprisingly shipped yesterday....Glad I placed it when I did. 

It does seem odd they’d shut down for an AoS launch but they didn’t for a 40K one. Makes me think there’s more to it than just getting ready for AoS. I don’t mean that in a conspiratorial way, just that maybe their current warehousing system has gotten so bad, even since last year, that they don’t think it can cope with the AoS release without a shutdown. If they released leviathan now they may have gotten to the point where they’d need to shut down for that too.

From my source inside the warehouse in prior years they probably already have the new AoS starter on pallets all over the place in the warehouses, so it wont be to do with that, well, other than getting things shipshape for the launch, the last edition sold record numbers for a fantasy starter, they just wildly over produced it based on the much (much) higher 40k launch box sales in 8th and 9th, which was a mistake they probably wont replicate? 

7 hours ago, Firedrake Cordova said:

Maybe they're re-training the trolls? :smile: (apologies to anyone who doesn't remember the reference)

I suppose in modern parlance, it'd "servitor replacement"?

Silly when they could not be called trolls anymore.. If anything that made them feel friendly and like buddies than serious buisnessmen. Made me buy more. :biggrin:

4 minutes ago, Wolf Lord Duregar said:

Silly when they could not be called trolls anymore.. If anything that made them feel friendly and like buddies than serious buisnessmen. Made me buy more. :biggrin:

I think it worked when it was a small team of fairly invested folks in a tiny company but now its the giant in the industry employing a mix of robots and folks largely disinterested in the hobby, none of whom are ever expected to talk to a customer let alone sell things. Its just a warehousing job, calling them trolls either feels like some godawful corporate culture thing or a veiled insult from management.

They must do stocktakes fairly regularly too, it feels bigger than that to announce a relatively long shut down to do so?