Hopefully whatever they are up to leads to stock being available more regularly. Though that's not always a good thing, there's certainly been a couple of times recently I would have made some extravagant impulse purchases but was saved by the stock simply not being on the shelf. With it being a whole week though it definitely seems like more than a simple stock take but what I have no idea.

While I don't recall Games Workshop announcing the temporary closure of their warehouse before, I know of many other companies that do so on a regular basis, typically annually. A week is a very common period for such a closure, especially if it is for an annual inventory. Such closures may take place for a variety of reasons, including overhauls (such as many are speculating herein) or tax purposes (more likely, in my opinion, though I have no idea about the corporate tax schedule in the UK). A warehouse closure is a good way to stabilize inventory on hand for a more accurate count, after all.

26 minutes ago, Trysanna said:

It doesn't help that 'troll' became the term used for the most annoying/awful people on the internet.

...and under bridges. :wink:

Posted (edited)
20 minutes ago, Quantum said:

...I am never going to get a copy of Arcane Journal: Bretonnia, am I?

Not for a while I don't think, restock isn't going to get priority over aos 4th ed:sad:

Announcing a warehouse closure. 

New system must be going well:laugh:

Edited by Emperor Ming

52 minutes ago, Emperor Ming said:

Not for a while I don't think, restock isn't going to get priority over aos 4th ed:sad:

Announcing a warehouse closure. 

New system must be going well:laugh:

I don't think they're going to make the same mistrake with production as Dominion...unless new Skaven are that much of a draw than I realised. So I reckon this is a warehouse sort out to try and clear up any issues they can.

wasn´t there scandal about some truck driver that got told to go dump their GW products into recycling center?

1 hour ago, Loquille said:

It would explain some of the auctions on ebay a while ago, account selling entire boxes of FW characters 

bulkEC.thumb.png.e200a35d68a8bbdcc28716eb6daeef81.png

?! What on earth happened here?

@01RTB01
An Ebay store in America through April, and end of March was selling (67) boxes as bulk. I posted it in response to Jukkiz,  'scandal about some truck driver that got told to go dump their GW products into recycling center'.
As I thought that could be related. 

On 5/3/2024 at 1:31 PM, Joe said:

There aren't any vacations during that time period in the UK. The summer holidays haven't even started by that point.

Umm, May 27 is a Bank Holiday (what we call public holidays in the UK, for “Whitsun” in the Christian calendar.) That week will be half term with most schools closed. So a very convenient time if you wanted (say) half the staff out and the other half doing the sacred arming rituals to reboot their recaltricant machine spirits. We’ll have to wait and see if they put anything in their report and accounts. The website is so bad I’m surprised anyone can order from them at all, otherwise, as a shareholder, I’d want a pretty good reason for a week’s shutdown.

On 5/5/2024 at 4:33 PM, Loquille said:

It would explain some of the auctions on ebay a while ago, account selling entire boxes of FW characters 

bulkEC.thumb.png.e200a35d68a8bbdcc28716eb6daeef81.png

Wasnt there a case about 12 to 18 months ago where there was flood damage to the UK warehouse so they just threw out a massive amount of stock?

Pictures were on the internets of it

On 5/5/2024 at 10:15 AM, Loquille said:

@01RTB01
An Ebay store in America through April, and end of March was selling (67) boxes as bulk. I posted it in response to Jukkiz,  'scandal about some truck driver that got told to go dump their GW products into recycling center'.
As I thought that could be related. 

Wow, that's crazy. No wonder Lucius was OOS for so long lol.

3 minutes ago, vadersson said:

I think we know the real reason for the shut down now.  They have to change all the price stickers.

The new warehouse software can’t do percentages so they’ve gotta do it with a calculator for each product!

I’m still waiting for an opportunity to buy the first round of Bretonnia releases in the US. If they were even available at all I missed them. 

I actually think they weren’t posted on the US website during the initial release.

As far as 40K I haven’t put an order in recently but I’m sure the popular kits are usually bought out quickly.

8 hours ago, Waaagh? said:

It's the yearly stock check, nothing exciting to see here. Anyone theorising anything is else wrong.

Considering how their website turned out after how much money they invested and how it still remains the same. I have a feeling some nepotism happened when doing their new warehouse and now they have to sort what muck has spilled.

This is pure speculation. Anyway... GW if you are reading this I am still available for hire to fix your website, I won't charge you 1mil+ and it will take 2 weeks to make it functional and a pleasure to navigate. Call me! 

15 hours ago, excelite said:

That stupid erp system change is going to be a never ending story of drama, isn’t it? :facepalm::biggrin:

I work for one of the top/largest biomed companies in the country, changed to ERP system in 2019/2020, we are still dealing with issues so...yes :cry: