1 hour ago, Xirix said:

To be fair, both the Contemptor and Deredeo look absolutely nothing like the classic Rogue Trader Dreads, this new dreadnought could easily adopt the Furibundus name.

The video rumour calls it a Saturnine pattern and says it’s bigger than a Redemptor. Even if they call it a Furibundus, at that size it doesn’t fit my feeling of what a new Furi should be sadly. 

1 hour ago, Razorblade said:

Another Praetor to go with the Mk2s is nice. I look forward to seeing mk2 in plastic but this is almost certainly going to be another tactical frame which means still no plastic Despoilers/Recons/Breachers. 

Haven't been following releases particularly closely, but isn't the sequence of releases so far:

• Mark VI Tactical
  • Heavy/special weapon upgrades
  • Mark III Tactical
  • Mark VI Assault
  • Command and melee weapon upgrades

...with italic thus far previewed but unreleased? 

Looking for patterns in GW's release schedule is often a hiding to nothing, but I don't think it's beyond the bounds of possibility to see something like this:

• 2nd edition
    • Mark VI Tactical
    • Heavy/special weapon upgrades (multi-kit compatible)
    • Mark III Tactical
    • Mark VI Assault (jump packs)
    • Command and melee weapon upgrades (multi-kit compatible)
  • 3rd edition
    • Mark II Tactical
    • Mark III assault equivalent (e.g. Breachers) 
    • Upgrades of some sort (e.g. Breacher special weapons – lascutters, grav guns) (multi-kit compatible)

40 minutes ago, Burni said:

The video rumour calls it a Saturnine pattern and says it’s bigger than a Redemptor. Even if they call it a Furibundus, at that size it doesn’t fit my feeling of what a new Furi should be sadly. 

I imagine it will be a legion Telemon, same size but mass produced weapons and less special wargear. 

21 minutes ago, Marshal Rohr said:

I imagine it will be a legion Telemon, same size but mass produced weapons and less special wargear. 

That would make sense given rumors called it saturnine and the Telemon is distinctively egg-shaped

If the Saturnine termies turn out to be the classic eggos, I'm really hoping they'll be the shoot termies. Outside of single use or double shot low strength combis and special weapon options there's a severe lack of TDA firepower. Combi-bolters with Heavy Bolters on top default units that can upgrade to Culverins or Heavy Flamers with 1 in 5 Lascannons, Multis, or Plasma Cannons would fill that niche bigly. 

We got regular terms (and we need HQ options for those), we got speedy terms and we got bulky terms. Now is the time for shooty terms. 

The Telemon is actually bigger than the Redemptor (rumour says this new one is bigger), so the Legions getting some kind of version of it might be on the money.

2 hours ago, Razorblade said:

Another Praetor to go with the Mk2s is nice. I look forward to seeing mk2 in plastic but this is almost certainly going to be another tactical frame which means still no plastic Despoilers/Recons/Breachers. 

More Terminators are a massive L. There are already two plastic terminator units which struggle to see play. A power weapons/thunder hammers/command bling frame for the existing terminators would have been infinitely more useful. As is these are likely to either see little play at all or render the existing units obsolete. 

The Dreadnought is rumored to be bigger than a leviathan. This will render the already bad Knights and Demons obsolete at best and may have further implications for Leviathans and Thanatars. It doesn't address any niche whatsoever since there are 4 Dreadnought available in plastic and they are already plenty tough and scary. 

A Big Gun emplacement sounds interesting in principle but why one would release this instead of plastic rapiers is beyond me. 

Meanwhile, still no plastic Bikes, Speeders, Flyers or good Sicarans. 

This release would be a big time stinker

The fact you're specifically calling out thunder hammers here really says a lot...

Honestly, it's a great list of stuff and saturnine are a totally different style of armour so should hopefully play differently. There's lots still to come but it is what it is. The only real frustration is the lack of breachers. 

Personally, happy for those wanting mkii.

10 minutes ago, Garrac said:

I know GW loves their big summer releases, but, is there really such a need for a new HH edition? It feels like a game that needs more time between editions to builds a proper playerbase. Theres barely a community in my country...

I wouldn’t mind either a big FAQ and errata, or some sort of 2.25 updated rule book release. Definitely doesn’t need the sort of paradigm shift a completely new edition should be.

5 hours ago, Marshal Rohr said:

Totally agree, I can see that for sure. I would prefer to see something unique dating back to the Unification Wars to be honest but it would make more sense to put the terminator and dreadnought under the same name of Saturnine as a specific manufacturer of war gear in the same way we have Mars pattern.

2 hours ago, Garrac said:

I know GW loves their big summer releases, but, is there really such a need for a new HH edition? It feels like a game that needs more time between editions to build a proper playerbase. Theres barely a community in my country...

If it is a new edition, my uneducated guess is it'll be a 40k 7th situation where it's closer to a 2.5 than a whole new edition, and one that's only happening because the beancounters desperately want something to fill the gap between 40k and AoS. They probably look at a graph and see the greatest amount of sales and new interest comes during their new edition marketing pushes.

I wouldn't even be surprised if the Age of Darkness boxset remained as is, just with the core rulebook swapped out (akin to Dark Vengeance) - assuming this MkII box isn't it of course. 

Edited by Lord Marshal

Saturnine Dreadnought? I guess that is implying it is shaped like a suit of saturnine armour, similar to how contemptors and tartaros armour kinda look similar.

Either way it will be exciting.

14 hours ago, Garrac said:

I know GW loves their big summer releases, but, is there really such a need for a new HH edition? It feels like a game that needs more time between editions to build a proper playerbase. Theres barely a community in my country...

I really don't want another edition any time soon.
A big reason that 30k appeals to me is that I don't have to keep having to learn a new edition every 3 years. 

On 6/17/2024 at 4:40 PM, Garrac said:

Hopefully its not a new edition, but just a new starter/expansion box...maybe another sub campaign or similar based around Istvaan without a new ruleset, especially given how recently we have had nice books.  A Legion Telemon would be nice, hopefully nothing larger as i think bigger isnt necessarily better....take off custodes bling and put on legion functionality and firepower and design themes.  Ill def be after a couple of them.  Just nothing much bigger.

I wouldn't mind a new edition, so long as it is essentially a 2.5 edition that iterates and improves on the current one, rather than tearing everything down and starting from scratch.  Give the marine list a balance pass and hopefully pump up underperforming units and tone down overpowered ones, tweak any legion rules that need it, and make the other armies more effective.

Curses, now I want to make a new iron warriors or salamander army. I painted a couple of Sallies for a kill team and it’s a cool scheme. 

Weirdly, nothing in this box sounds right for my Raven Guard. Mk2, terminators, a massive dreadnought and a gun turret are not what I need. You’d think there’d be something in there to tempt me but nope. Unless they’re OP of course!

Colour me intrigued!

Although the mark I'm really waiting for is upscaled MkIV (my favourite) and I'd love to see Tartaros/Cataphractii upscaled too with more weapon options.

Always happy to see more Heresy stuff come, even if I'm not active in the hobby at the moment.

8 hours ago, Hfran Morkai said:

...and I'd love to see Tartaros/Cataphractii upscaled too with more weapon options...

I think the tendency with an upscale is to lose options.

Like the MkIII went from three full sprues (for 10 Marines) with Bolters and Chainswords, a pair of special weapons, a Heavy Bolter, and an assortment of sgt. options, to the new MkIII being a single full sprue (for 5 Marines) with Bolters, plus the shared Tactical Accoutrements sprue. 

Upscaled Tartaros probably loose their Lightning Claws, Cataphractii their Chainfists (and probably have to rethink the design of the Lightning Claws, so that they and the Power Fist can share arms and just be a finger swap).

Edited by LSM