Fluff Competition

goggen

you weren't supposed to answer since the question before this one was yours .......... read...the...rules

also, i'm dissapointed that it came to the surface that people use internet searches in here....shame on you

you weren't supposed to answer since the question before this one was yours .......... read...the...rules

Ok and for that I am sorry, I will not make that mistake again.

Well here is my question; In which sector was the ravages of the K'nib halted by Battle Brother Artemis ?

OK, calculators at the ready for this one, you'll need them:

The Drachenfels fires a salvo from its portside weapons batteries. Assuming that the guns fire conventional shells (allowing say 1/3 of the shell's volume for propellant), and that fyceline has similar properties to modern RL explosives, what, to the nearest kilotonne, is the mass of explosives launched to the target?

Don't worry, there is sufficient material in the fluff to answer this question, but not all in one place.

Show your method

INCOMING RANT! TAKE COVER!

IMHO, 40k fluff is not about this, not about the numbers, but about the stories. Star trek fans have their phaser ranges and ship speeds and detailed explanations on how all that imaginary stuff works. 40k fluff is so interesting to me because it's stories, and only those. All the complex stuff is left for the adepts of the Machine to figure out and we don't have to bother ourselfs with learning numbers or doing calculations. Plenty of that stuff in the real world, and the real world stuff is more important than a miniature wargame's backround material. But stories, there can never be enough good stories out there, and that's one of the major appeals of 40k to me. It has the right kind of backround, with no phoney science involved.

I hope I made at least a little bit of sence here, if not, then, no big deal, carry on.

RANT OVER! GET UP! ANSWER THE QUESTION!

Not that the question was all that bad, I just had to say this somewhere and this seemed like a decend spot. Sorry.

Oh, and in case somebody wonders why I haven't taken part in this fun, it just that my timing is usually so bad that either I don't have time to look the question up or somebody else answers before me. So I kinda gave up trying. Maybe some day I'll manage to answer...

Archived