The Garren Project

Astartes Consul

Xerian dropped hip deep into a pool of effluent, splashes all around him told him where his marines were. Ahead they could hear chanting and as they ventured further they saw a vast sacrificial circle. Ectothrix stood by an altar, cutting the throats of the remaining loyal planetary defenders. He looked up from his work after tossing another bleeding PDF into the pit.

"Ahh if it isn't my nemesis Xerian, welcome little marine. You are just in time to witness my ascension. For many weeks have i worked on this little plan. Distracting and misleading you at every turn as i worked towards my ultimate goal and it is almost within my grasp. Your death will ice the cake." Ectothrix vaulted over the altar like some obscene grasshopper. A staff appeared from nowhere as he landed and he swung hard at Xerian. Xerian ripped his sword from his scabbard and blocked the blow. Pins and needles shot through his arm at the unexpected strength of the chaos lord. "Yield little marine and Nurgle will give you his blessing. Why work for a rotting corpse when you can serve a living God."

Xerian riposted and Ectothrix leapt back with astonishing agility. "I unlike you have faith in the Emperor and am not so weak to turn as you."

"Then die like your false corpse."

Ectothrix stepped up his attack and Xerian matched him blow for blow.

It was Xerian who swung the fatal blow, his power sword dipped inside Ectothrix defenses driving through his heart. Ectothrix knocked the marine away from himself. He staggered backwards, the powersword lodged in his distended gut. He paused on the edge of the pit and then collapsed slowly backwards, dropping into the heart of the pit. Xerian rushed to the edge in time to see the effluent and blood in the pit close over the chaos lord.

"Xerian turned to his comrades. "It is finished, now we must purge the remaining unholy daemons that inhabit this house of worship." Behind him he heard a deep liquid laugh and he turned to confront the horror that arose from the pit.

Sorry I planned to post this earlier but I was knocked about a bit during the week(Hockey ball in the crook of the elbow anyone?). Injuries aside Fuzzball could you PM the location of the final confrontion to me? eg Throne room and also the general plans for what happens there. I've got a few ideas you might want to look at. :D

Menepenthar decapitated the Dread legion space marine with the tip of his power sword. Pivoting inside the guard of the other heretic he elbowed away it

Hi all

A little late coming but here it is, I'm changing tack, the Warriors of Vengance have been left out abit, also, Iziha is key to the story, so here is the man himself:

The night sky burned, start shells illminated the inky blacknes on the sky, from orbit, ships launched devistating salvoes of high explosives, killing thousands with every shot. The lava boiled, launching itself over the walk ways, splashing against the sides on the might volcanoe. Iziha walked steadily through the burning sky, many would have marvled, some would have shrunk away in fear, be he did not. Defender of humanity, Iziha wasn't realy human, he was above and beyond the emotions of those he defended, all but one, hate. His well controlled hate burnt hotter that the sky, deep within his mind he knew that Kreil was why he was here, not because of his duty to humanity, he felt like a traitor to the Imperium, it saddened him that for once, he was fighting not for the Imperium, but himself.

He crossed another walkway and entered a door into the mountain side, all was silent. No one thought that this great, robotic arms factory had needed guards, no one could enter without the commanders of the citadle miles below knowing. Or so they thought...

Passing through another archway, Iziha ajusted his cloak and drew his power sword, he quickened his pace, using his Lyman's ear to filter out the sounds of the great factory, ahead he detercted the sound of rasped breathing. Two humanoids either side of the door at the end of the passage, he focused harder, chaos marines, definetly. He stoped, listening, from what he could here they both wore terminator armour and had multiple bionic implats, but there was somthing else, there was another in the chamber.

Offering a silent prayer to the Imortal Emperor he strode on, de activating his Lyman's ear, he strode to the door. It swung open and Iziha was faced by the two marines. They raised their identicle deamon swords in a mock salute and charged, their rasping breath becoming heavier. Droping to his kneews, the Captain activated his power Sword and launched himself upwards. He parried the attack of the first to reach him, then ducked as the second thrust at him with suprising agility. Blocking synchronised attacks from the two, Iziha lept back. Despite their heavy armour, the traitors both overbalanced, one managed to regain balance, but the other wasn't so lucky. Stumbling towards Iziha, encumbered by his armour he fell, falling like a tree to the metalic floor with an ear spliting crash the traitor never saw the stroke that removed it's head, ending it's corupted life.

Iziha didn't have time to savour his victory, the other was apon him withing moments. Its exposed face contorted into a grimace of rage. Slowly it drove the warrior of the Emperor back to the wall with a flurry of furious slashed and sweeps. As Iziha backed into the wall he slid down it, losing his footing as he struggled to fend off the torrent of blows. The chaos marine howled his triumph as it raised it's weapon for the kill. But Iziha hadn't realy slipped, opening his mouth he disgorged the entire contents of his Beltcher's gland into it's eyes. Within moments the acid had corroded through the amrines skull and he died screaming in agonay as the acidic poison did its work.

Standing up, Iziha walked towards the figure standing at the far end of the platform, it was Kreil......

Lucas: if you want shoot me a PM, i'll send you an email adress you can send your stuff to and i'll put it up for you.

Nothing to add so far, still thinking it out and study is heavy at the moment. Never fear its on its way.

The Angels of Lament had reaped a bloody toll on the forces of chaos; they had burst from the trench in a storm of divine wrath and charged towards the wall. Hate coursed through the veins of every marine, hate towards those that had turned so willingly from the light of the Master of Mankind, the Emperor had given them purpose and yet the gave there souls to the honeyed lies of chaos. *YOU WILL BURN FOR YOUR HERESY!!* roared Michael as he smashed the traitor guard aside with great sweeping arch

had a sudden blast of insperation :huh:

Blooded but still seething with righteous anger the Angel of Lament charged on, the Grandmaster leading from the front, Uriel stopped dead mid-sprint, a sickly green fog was billowing across the ground, Uriel almost vomited, the smell was soul destroying, and unlike his brothers he wore no helmet, he used all his will power and fought against it, but the worst was coming, approaching him several squads of plague marines, the death guard who turned from the light ten thousand years ago, once proud space marines, now the playthings of Nurgle. *HOLD FIRM BROTHERS!! DO NOT FAULTER IN THE EYES OF THE EMPEROR!! HE WILL DELIVER US!!* shouted Michael.

The plague marines halted a hundred meters away and a figure from the ranks stepped forward he was huge, all of eight feet tall, his reached diseased form sprouted foul steam and various weeping welts and sours, he carried a great blade, the metal was poor and rusty and it was covered in filth that would infect the body in seconds, his mouth was non existent, where it should been was a spear of rotting flesh and bubbling puss, the thing spoke from a great toothed mouth in his stomach in voice that was far from human *I have watched you long space marine

Sorry I haven't posted lately :) I keep writing and not typing it onto my computer. Fuzzball expect results by tomorrow

The space marines fought shoulder to shoulder three abreast stumbling over each other in the confined walls of the corridor. The Dread legion marines were slowly being squeezed to death by the grinding advance of the loyalists. A chaos dreadnought was pushing it

Nice guys!

Below is a re do of my start of duel peice, as edited by Bloodwraith:

The two warriors stood facing each other. Neither spoke. They began to circle, slowly, looking for defensive weaknesses. They looked upon each other, hatred fueling their every step/

'So, you've come' the traitorous inquisitor sneered.

'I have come yes, look well upon my face for it is the last thing you will ever see. Pray for mercy from your much vaunted gods for I shall show you none

Xerian turned as the once mortal Ectothrix pulled his bulk over the rim of the pit. His flesh hung in greasy rolls, excrement and viscera dripped from his hulking carcass. Exctothrix laughed at the puny mortals before him. "You cannot kill me Xerian, can you not see little marine? i am greater then you could ever have imagined. I can crush you and your men like flies."

"This is between us Daemon, let my men go."

Ectothrix licked his lips, his carbuncle covered tongue leaving a trail of slime across purple lips.

"No my little imperial lapdog, that i will not do. I will turn them over to Lord Nurgle and they shall be mine."

The huge bulk of Ectothrix slimed across the floor and he scooped up one of the marines, then with his eyes meeting Xerian's he bit down on the marine. A sickening crunch echoed through the cavern as Ectothrix bit through the marines armour. He grasped the marines legs and pulled lightly. The marine tore in two with a wet sound and blood soaked intestines dripped like macabre saliva from the Daemon Prince's mouth. He dripping plague sword lashed out and another marine fell, his flesh turning black and oozing. His mouth opened and closed like a landed fish as the deadly plague liquefied his lungs.

"Run brothers!" Xerian cried stepping between the remaining marines and the Daemon Prince "i will deal with this abomination."

Archived