IA: Space Sharks

Cpt_Tiberius

As for the Chain of command question here is a brief rundown:

Commander (chapter master)

Battle-Captain (honorary title, see below)

Company Captain

1st Sergeant (sgt. of the cpt.'s command squad)

The term "Battle-Captain" seen above is used when ever more than one company goes to war together. The battle-captain is the tacit leader and the other company captains defer to him during the conflict. The title is temporary and is only used during that particular conflict.

The 1st Sgt. is the second in command of the company, acting as the Captain's voice when he is away.

As for Chaplains/Librarians they are not part of the main chain of command, but are placed in it as needed. When assigned to a company they will act as the second in command and the 1st Sgt. will defer to them.

Hope that helps.

-T.

I have a bit of a problem with the generic "head on" space shark symbol. I find it is a bit too cartoonish. When the known chapters got translated from 1st to 2nd Edition, pretty much all of their chapter symbols got refined, so perhaps the Space Sharks could use an update there too. Something a bit more martial or stylised, less comical.

Well, I think the old and new can be used interchangeably at the discretion of each marine? Maybe some keep the old "cartoon-y" image to pay respect for Tethys before it's destruction? Maybe the newer image are used for members who joined after the exodus?

iv been keeping an eye on this topic for a while now. and have just started painting a few sharks of my own... however im a little confused on who gets to wair the sharks teath.. i would like to follow the fluff you have writen for them, so is it just vetrens/captins (or other high ranking marines) or do squad sargents get them to?

im not realy up to date with the whole chain of comand either which may be where my problem is coming from =p

thanks

think of the Sharks teeth as "terminator Honours" any marine that can have termi honours would were the teeth. So all Captains, Vet Sgts., Chaplains, Librarians, and the 1st company.

As for the Badge I prefer the head-on, some prefer the side view. Use whichever you like. Me I like the enemy to see what's comin' for 'em. ;)

-T.

• 3 weeks later...
Wow, you guys have done a lot of work since I last checked this thread out. It's all looking great. With the new codex on the horizon I'm gonna have to revisit finishing my Sharks. Plus I cannot forget the nifty new decal sheet by Max.

Wow man... your sketches are great.

That's all Tiberius! I just do the writing and the other boring bits. :FA:

thanx shall i post up my pictur of my first termi!

it the free from WD i will get black reach sometime this week :lol:

Looking forward to it. I mean, if you're going to base your Sharks on our interpretation (Tethys, Monatoa, etc.) then it's great to give us props, but the Space Sharks aren't like a real DIY - we can't give or deny permission to start an army. :Elite:

well here he is!

http://i200.photobucket.com/albums/aa128/grobzak/DSC_3031.jpg

http://i200.photobucket.com/albums/aa128/grobzak/DSC_3033.jpg

http://i200.photobucket.com/albums/aa128/grobzak/DSC_3034.jpg

it looks better in person

• 3 weeks later...

Hi there, haven't been on B&C for month.

Has anyone noticed this : Space Shark IA made by a fan for Dark Heresy RPG ?

I am not saying that his IA is wrong/bad/good/excellent/... after all, there is no official fluff concerning the Sharks, but It would be interesting to contact him, to discuss about fluff (for the benefit of our chapter -_- ).

Cpt Stahl.

Hi everyone. osted a message in the index board about thinkin of startin a space sharks army. will have to see what money allows.

Does anyone have an idea for a chapter motto. on lexi it says 1st in last out. Is ok. Latin would be something like Primoris Illic, Permaneo Sicco.

Any advance on that?!

Here's my sharks list, am thinkin once i'v ogt my flesh eaters well on the go will start on the sharks. grey i'm used to painting (ex SW and relictors player!) so hopefully shouldnt take too long. does anyone have any suggestions for colours?

Plus have just come back from NZ and went to the museum in welly that has a fairly large area on moaori culture.

In terms of models am thinkin of using the dark elf weapons (from corsairs and executioners), scout heads on bear headded models and modeling sharks teeth, hopefully wont take too long!

Anyhow, list looks like thin atm...

Chapter Master, SB, Aux launcher, (dunno if anyone's given him a name yet, was thinking Rawiri, means chosen one. Imperial name could be Rarius)

Honourguard, +1 marine, 1 aux launcher, drop pod 358

10 tactical marines, heavy bolter, flamer, pod 205

10 tactical marines, multimelta, meltagun, pod 210

6 vanguard vets, 2 PWs, 1 relic blade, pod 225

6 sternguard vets, 1 combiweapon, pod 195

Dreadnought pod 140

Ironclad, hurricane bolters, pod 170

comes to 1498

Hi everyone. osted a message in the index board about thinkin of startin a space sharks army. will have to see what money allows.

Does anyone have an idea for a chapter motto. on lexi it says 1st in last out. Is ok. Latin would be something like Primoris Illic, Permaneo Sicco.

Any advance on that?!

Here's my sharks list, am thinkin once i'v ogt my angels sanguine well on the go will start on the sharks. grey i'm used to painting (ex SW and relictors player!) so hopefully shouldnt take too long. does anyone have any suggestions for colours?

Plus have just come back from NZ and went to the museum in welly that has a fairly large area on moaori culture.

In terms of models am thinkin of using the dark elf weapons (from corsairs and executioners), scout heads on bear headded models and modeling sharks teeth, hopefully wont take too long!

Anyhow, list looks like thin atm...

Chapter Master, SB, Aux launcher, (dunno if anyone's given him a name yet, was thinking Rawiri, means chosen one. Imperial name could be Rarius)

Honourguard, +1 marine, 1 aux launcher, drop pod 358

10 tactical marines, heavy bolter, flamer, pod 205

10 tactical marines, multimelta, meltagun, pod 210

6 vanguard vets, 2 PWs, 1 relic blade, pod 225

6 sternguard vets, 1 combiweapon, pod 195

Dreadnought pod 140

Ironclad, hurricane bolters, pod 170

comes to 1498

You would get a better response in the space marine army list subforum.

Here this link:

CLICK IT

Hope that helps.

Captain Kael :jaw:

Ah, I think Phil Sibbering's interpretation has come up earlier in the thread - I'm not sure. I know he posts on the B+C, so it's certainly possible to contact him.

Sure is ;)

You can PM me if too off topic or ask here.

As a general note about my Space Sharks, I would like to clearly state here that it is merely an interpretation and basically a fan made chapter with 'Space Shark' slapped on the front and lip service to the few space shark facts that are known. You are welcome to use the concept 'as is' or use it as a spring board for your own interpretation (just slip a credit in there somewhere and I'm happy :) ).

Philip

Hi Guys. like i said before i am thinkin of doing space sharks. have some cash coming in tomorow so was gonna splash out and maybe get the bits for the start of a squad.

Am having a little bit of a problem on style and would really like your advice.

Cant decide either to go for ork weapons like these....

http://bitsandkits.co.uk/shop/article_OI56...26aid%3DOI56%26

http://bitsandkits.co.uk/shop/article_BO11...26aid%3DBO11%26

http://bitsandkits.co.uk/shop/article_BO12...26aid%3DBO12%26

my other thought was to use the weapons from the dark elf fantasy range....

http://uk.games-workshop.com/storefront/st...&orignav=13

Totally stuck. from the ork point of view they look beefy and there's a mace and axes which would fit in with the polanesian feel, but think the dark elf weapons would look very cool too!

Any help??!

The ork cuttas look much better and look like the ones in capt tiberius' art work.

I personally would not use the axe or the mace as I see the sharks as swift and deadly attackers, like their real like counter parts.

I have been looking for a trident for my Space Sharks captain but have found none.

The dark elf models look cool but look to flimsy in the hands of a marine.

Hoped that helped

Captain Kael :P

cool, was thinkin that, the DA ones will just have to wait till my next army ;)

Dunno if you guys have seen then but the new mortals plastics out in Nov have some very cool bits too.

Personally think axes (maybe not those ones) and maces fit in quite well, they are traditional weapons used by many cultures as they need less metal and skill at forging to make.

I have been looking for a trident for my Space Sharks captain but have found none.

have you tried the dark elder mini line

I just looked on the GW website and could not find a trident suitable for the captain. The dark elf beasmaster does have a spear that resembles a trident but it looks bulky and evil. So I may have to us GS. :)

Captain Kael :HQ:

• 4 weeks later...

Archived