Tagsta presents: 1st Company Ultramarines

tagsta

Erm, WOW! you bring great honour to the scions of Gulliman - and a tutorial on that lovely Thunderhawk might be nice - or at least a blog, if you have one <_<

Must say, I love the magent idea, definitely great models and that table is also something else. Kudos :)

• 2 weeks later...
Erm, WOW! you bring great honour to the scions of Gulliman - and a tutorial on that lovely Thunderhawk might be nice - or at least a blog, if you have one :(

sorry no tutorial but a few shots of earlier stages can be found in my Photobucket

I'm afraid that there are no new updates..

Another Dread and 10 more Veterans are 80% done but not finished yet...

anyways

there are some pictures that are worth showing off:

Look what the photoshop Grandmaster "Chaptermaster Graymantle" did to my table

awesome isn't it? thank you so much ^^

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y68/Tagsta/Warhammer40k/Ultras/landing1.jpg

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y68/Tagsta/Warhammer40k/Ultras/landing2.jpg

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y68/Tagsta/Warhammer40k/Ultras/landing3.jpg

the wohle scene

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

:) Wow!

Simpley amazing, an absolutely breathtaking army you got there tagsta. I love the Agemman model and his command squad, brilliant! ;)

thanks. I hope I can tell you the same after you have finished your PH world eaters ;=

everything of those are cool, especially the command squad and captain agemman drool.gif

the photoshopped pics are awesome, very inspiring to see them in battle for "real" msn-wink.gif

thanks a lot, mate :)

Great stuff! The whole force is looking real good.

thanks! hope that'll motivate you to finish more of your cool looking ultras :P

Are agemmans arms magnetized on the termi varient? His sword arm looks like its at different angles in the pics?

yes they are.. the lighting claws have to be painted :)

thanks! hope that'll motivate you to finish more of your cool looking ultras

It certainly is helping with the motivation! I've been footering about with some test models for true-scale marines, need to get some plasticard tubing though to save me having to GS all the gaps I create.

The other idea thats been brewing is to begin a project I've considered calling "the captains of the Ultramarines" inspired partly by your creations of Agemman and from reading the Ultra's novels by Graham MacNiell (I'm sure I've spelt that wrong..). Basically I was thinking of converting up and painting the captains of the 10 companies of the Ultramarines chapter. It appeals to my two main interests in mini painting: painting characters and converting unique looking mini's.

Keep up the good work, its really helping!

Also, forgot to say before but the battle shots look cool!

Dante

thanks! hope that'll motivate you to finish more of your cool looking ultras

The other idea thats been brewing is to begin a project I've considered calling "the captains of the Ultramarines" inspired partly by your creations of Agemman and from reading the Ultra's novels by Graham MacNiell (I'm sure I've spelt that wrong..). Basically I was thinking of converting up and painting the captains of the 10 companies of the Ultramarines chapter. It appeals to my two main interests in mini painting: painting characters and converting unique looking mini's.

Strange..I had exactly the same idea!

I already did WIP versions of

Invictus, Agemman(already finished), Ideaus and Ardias...

Ventris will be added later :)

Keep up the good work, its really helping!

stange how motivation processes work. whenever I look in doghouse's thread I want to start a pre heresy :P force...

Nice job on a cool sculpt. I've always wondered though, is his body the same scale as a regular plastic marine? It looks a little small but maybe its just an illusion caused by his high headgear and high held bolter.

damn damn damn!.... stop setting the bar so damn high!... now I'm going to have to dust off all those unfinished ultras sitting on my shelf and do something really cool too!.... very nice!

I dont know whether i like your conversion/modeling work more, or your painting.... very creative stuff. cant wait to see more!

Archived