Tagsta presents: 1st Company Ultramarines

tagsta

Nice job on a cool sculpt. I've always wondered though, is his body the same scale as a regular plastic marine? It looks a little small but maybe its just an illusion caused by his high headgear and high held bolter.

thanks.

you're right. the sculpt is definitely kinda weird...

the marine looks really big compared to an ordinary marine but that's just because of the headgear...

now I'm going to have to dust off all those unfinished ultras sitting on my shelf and do something really cool too!

lol. thanks :D hope you (and other ultra players) are going to start as soon as possible.. I'm currently running out of ideas...

Tagsta. Your models are some of the best I have ever seen. Ever. I can tell you have put sooo much though into what you have created. I can only hope that I can produce some fantastic models like you have done.

You are a true inspiration to me and I can guess that you are to alot of other people from this forum and the others that I have seen your stuff on.

Great work. Now go and get in White Dwarf!!!! :lol:

QUOTE(CM Dante @ Aug 8 2006, 10:54 PM) *

thanks! hope that'll motivate you to finish more of your cool looking ultras

The other idea thats been brewing is to begin a project I've considered calling "the captains of the Ultramarines" inspired partly by your creations of Agemman and from reading the Ultra's novels by Graham MacNiell (I'm sure I've spelt that wrong..). Basically I was thinking of converting up and painting the captains of the 10 companies of the Ultramarines chapter. It appeals to my two main interests in mini painting: painting characters and converting unique looking mini's.

Strange..I had exactly the same idea!

I already did WIP versions of

Invictus, Agemman(already finished), Ideaus and Ardias...

Ventris will be added later msn-wink.gif

Keep up the good work, its really helping!

stange how motivation processes work. whenever I look in doghouse's thread I want to start a pre heresy tongue.gif force...

LOL, me too!! I started that project a few days ago! :) :D

Captain Loken, read this post I made a week ago: Ultramarine Captains Update ;)

Tagsta:

1) Where do you get the head you used for Agemman? :P

2) Are Terminator Apothecaries legal now and I just somehow missed it??? :P

3) Methinks you should make the Standard Bearer a bit more flashy and ornamental. Afterall, every Standard Bearer has earned his Laurels award for extreme heroics and they each bear the title of "Ancient" (not just the Chapter Banner Bearer). ;)

4) Your Ultramarines are some of the most awesome minis I've ever seen. Truely inspiring. ^_^

5) *crys* *wishes his painting skill hadn't got out of practice* -_-

Anyhow, can anyone point me to a description of Captain Agemman and if possible give me that excerpt?

Is there such thing?

*likes smilies too much today*

So where's your Marneus then? I have to find something to nitpick >.>

marneus will be finished last ;)

Tagsta. Your models are some of the best I have ever seen. Ever. I can tell you have put sooo much though into what you have created. I can only hope that I can produce some fantastic models like you have done.

You are a true inspiration to me and I can guess that you are to alot of other people from this forum and the others that I have seen your stuff on.

:blush: thanks!

Did Invictus die and Agemman take his place? Or am I missing something?

exactly... just take a look at the link The Emperor's Champion posted ;)

my force represents the 1 Company AFTER the tyrannic war so Agemman has to be the captain ^^...

1) Where do you get the head you used for Agemman? huh.gif
Its from the Command Squad's Sergeant

2) Are Terminator Apothecaries legal now and I just somehow missed it??? unsure.gif

nope they aren't.... I just wanted to do a nice and fluffy conversion... Took Inspiration from Nephelim's Golden Demon entry...

3) Methinks you should make the Standard Bearer a bit more flashy and ornamental.

I try to improve him in the future.. I'm not completely satisfied with his right arm...

again, thanks for your kind comments... :)

I try to keep you updated ;)

there will be a army shot after the Land Raiders are re-painted ;)

Three Things -

1. This company is coming on really well :). Loving the magnetism.

2. Will you eventually have 200 infantry models? 100 PA, 100 Termie Armour?

3. Please post updated pics of your sicarius.

;)

NT

sorry for double posting but somehow my browser wasn't able to quote NurgleThing's post :blush:

1. thanks ;) magnets can be really useful if you want to swap weapons in certain games ;)

2. no. This is going to be a army with 50 percent of TDA and another 50 of ordinary power armoured marines...(BUT only up to 3000P excluding the 750 points of the thunderhawk ^^) Maybe there will be a Deathwing Confiuration if I have finished enough Termis..

Why did I do every HQ mini twice? The reason is that it is fluffy (The Commander of the first doesn't wear his TDA every minute/in every single battle, just because he is the Commander of the first ;))It is also great for campaigns... You can better integrate your characters in special scenarios if you are able to swap their armour/weapons or their retuine....

3. Ok ;) as soon as he is finished ;)

greetz

Thanks.

Yes makes sense. One last question, im sorry if it has been answered, but how do you fill the compulsory troop choices?

I use traits.. :)

1 Major Disadvantages @ 0 Pts

Eye to Eye [0]1 Chapter Traits @ 0 Pts

Take the Fight to Them [0]

No Mercy, No Respite [0]

the veteran squads "count" as ordinary tactical squads that are equipped with BP and CCW and have furious charge :P almost exactly the same as a veteran squad.... :)

:) That's some awesome Ultramarines! Looking realy realy good.

May I ask how long time one of these takes to paint? It's kinda good to hear you can accomlish the blue color in just 2 layers. I try and do it in 2 as well but I can't paint that good.

Absolutly love that scenery picture with the added effects.

I think I'm gonna steal the idea of having colored line at the bottom of the parchments, if that's ok.

:) Good work!

*sighs* not another SMurf squad... yanno I get sick and tired of seeing the same ol army over and over again... if I have to see another that are NOT as beauitfully painted as these are Imma snap! hehe, Nice work! I dun like Ultras but that's lookin too good to hold that against yea :)

• 1 month later...

Any chance of a close up of the terminator command squad - i want some inspiration.

Maybe you'd have more success if you PM the guy instead of reviving a month old thread.

I agree B) Currently no new updates so no need for posting ;)

Check what I wrote above the command squad pic:

click pictures for a higher resolution

If this pic is still too small I try to get some close ups soon ;)

greetz

• 3 weeks later...

Update:

Have you ever seen a Chaplain Dread?

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y68/Tagsta/Warhammer40k/Ultras/Chaplain_Dread_med.jpg

/edit: stupid photbucket just scaled my pics down :(

thats the best use i have seen for the ven dread. looks amazing.

well done tagsta :cuss

thanks.. I didn't like the ordinary one :(

/edit:

another cool Idea I just discovered:

Imagine Chaplain Lazarus for a Campaign:

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y68/Tagsta/Warhammer40k/Ultras/campaign1.jpg

Stage 1: Lazarus is introduced as the Reclusiarch of the 1st Company after the Tyrannic War. (Termi Armour is rare)

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y68/Tagsta/Warhammer40k/Ultras/campaign2.jpg

Stage 2: Lazarus receives his Termi Armour

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y68/Tagsta/Warhammer40k/Ultras/campaign3.jpg

Stage 3: Lazarus gets deadly injured during a battle... The Apothecary decide to entomb him into a Dreadnought

Brilliant work, Tagsta! Truly some of the best UMs I've ever seen, and very encouraging to me about to start my own UM 3rd company using the same method for the blue, considering with a little caffeine to settle my nerves I have quite good brush control. Would it be at all possible to get a closer look at that dread with the lascannons on each side and the missiles on top? I'm a nut for converted or scratchbuilt versions of old marks and prototypes.

• 5 months later...

after a long time there is a little update ;)

here is a pic of the army so far

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y68/Tagsta/Warhammer40k/Ultras/army.jpg

what do you think?

greetz

Quite possibly the best ultramarines I've ever seen. Wow, just, wow.

Where'd you get the head for the Chaplain Lazarus mini? I've been wondering for ages where that head is from. Is it the new tactical squad upgrate sprue?

I'd like to see a dread actually pulling off a complex movement instead of the standard pose of it just standing there B)

You mean like THIS?

Also NemFX - Now I am going to have to write a list with 47 heavy bolters wedged in it somehow. ;)

Well, I was honestly hoping for something more out of Gundam Wing, but yeah I guess that works too. I dunno, I still wanna see dreadnaughs doing stuff that they probably couldn't do. Poses from assault marine conversions and the like.

Archived