Wings of Retribution (vindicator finished)

maelis

"A pile of plastic, resin and putty is currently on my table waiting to be transformed into a vindicator.

Oh yes, there will be blood..."

But hey, think of the sheer amounts of enemies that bad boy will destroy on the tabletop! That's gotta be worth a pinto or two, eh? :rolleyes:

I guess I'll have to do something like a tutorial then. Maybe a very detailed article about creating the first tactical marine of the second squad (after the vindy)..

The small feet were because of my own lazyness at first, since I do have a mold for bigger feet but it was just easier to chop them off from the gw-ones. Then I kinda got used to the plastic feet and now like them :s

Thanks for the replies, everyone of them makes me feel like I should make more marines more quickly, which is the point of this blog :P

• 1 month later...

So Fresh And So Green.

The Vindicator's about to be finished!

For those of you interested in it's size: http://www.elisanet.fi/toni.sokura/tank.jpg

Yes, it has been the ultimate pain in the ass to build, and even the painting reminded me again how badly the green actually covers, but now the wrost part is over.

With all the basic colors painted there's only the fun left; weathering and detailing.

When I talked about plastic, resin and blood I was more right that I would've wanted to.

During the building process two of my fingers were injured and several eyelashes were torn out because of super glue in my eye. Oh yes, there was blood.

But here it is, in it's unweathered, undetailed glory:

http://www.elisanet.fi/toni.sokura/vindifresh.JPG

The dozer blade is still a problem, while the weathering on that one really looks good to me, the shade of green is very different from everything else in my army.

Should I repaint it or leave it be?

Forgot to say: it will be 100% ready within 48 hours

Leave it. It looks good as is and makes it stand out a bit from the rest of your army without going overboard. Keep up the great work, your marines are awesome; and this is coming from a heretic.

cypher

*grumble*Frickin follwers of the corpse-god */grumble*

awesome models, favorite has to be the tempest, love the basing, i think you executed it better than others that use the same idea.

particularly like the action shot that you gave us with the last update.

i await the tutorial and more updates with an insane ammount of impatience.

and thanks for sharing, it's always nice to see miniatures of the calibre

Archived