Showcase: Post your Dreadnoughts

My first post here - a vanilla Black Templars Redemptor Dreadnought.

This is the last Dreadnought that I bought and painted but first that is properly finished. My remaining eight walkers are painted but I need to redo some of them and base most of them.

Black Templars Redemptor Dreadnought

More pictures:

Hide contents

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

GET HIM MR BUBBLES! I'm back in a big way today bringing you a heavily converted contemptor dreadnought based on the big daddy from bioshock. Using a spotlight I've created the porthole diver helmet, an ork drill on one hand and an ironclad chainfist on the other. There's various other details including tanks, support struts and other dieselpunk style things. Also it's COMPLETELY magnetised! Every load out is possible and I can use the weapons on my other contemptor.  I got the extra bits on the sides of the legs from a centurions exo skeleton and the vents from the new void war bases. The front tanks are the flamer canisters that are supposed to go on the arms and the back one is from the necromunda walls kit. I think it really evokes the bioshock vibe whilst still fitting in perfectly with the Warhammer world. 

large_15.PNG.553188617aa17a2cb16b2b8c0fb

Say hello to Alaric of the Dark Sons. Some details I haven't mentioned are the shield on one of the knees I made some random heraldry for and the vents on the sides of the legs. I also added a lot of blood in the weapons as they've been wading into the thick of it. Tried some object source lighting from the dome but I don't think it's come off very well. I should have done the cables something other than yellow.

large_22.PNG.f70ea1c8ad461fb9e4a01555833

large_23.PNG.7479492595dd42db6a60008290f

large_24.PNG.5c6a8ff5fb38eab20b54563c319

Hope you enjoyed this big update! I post more often on my instagram including reels https://www.instagram.com/onyx_warpainter so follow me there if you want! 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...