• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
7 hours ago, crimsondave said:

IMG_0096.thumb.jpg.bf0d1b4a82cdf5084ebc1509a1f48be1.jpg

That looks great. I love the Iron Warriors livery but I have always struggled to free-hand hazard lines. It doesn't help that yellow is very unforgiving to touch up but you have done a great job here.

2 hours ago, Karhedron said:

That looks great. I love the Iron Warriors livery but I have always struggled to free-hand hazard lines. It doesn't help that yellow is very unforgiving to touch up but you have done a great job here.

It’s all about the tape.  Also, Averland Sunset is amazing for a yellow.  It will cover right over black.  You just have to not thin it down too much which also means you have to make sure not to get too much on your brush.  I can consistently correct mess ups on black with one pass.  Rarely does it require two.

I paint the entire area yellow, tape it after it’s dried for several hours at least, and paint the black and remove the tape.  Touch up as needed.

After free handing two or three shoulder pads, I broke down and got 3d prints with the stripes on them.  Way easier.

Edited by crimsondave

Some stunning Dreadnoughts here everyone. Absolutely love to see all the hard work. Dreadnoughts are such classic models. For what their worth as I'm not in the same league as you guys, here are mine so far:

20240216_224638.jpg

20240221_083303.jpg

20240221_083631.jpg

20240216_224557.jpg

• 1 month later...