Forgeworld quality case example

Having never bought FW stuff myself I can only speak of others experiences. If your read Commander Y's post in the other thread I would agree with it 100%. If your going to charge a premium for a product you expect it to be flawless.

For example if you buy a brand new BMW or Ferrari or whatever your going to want it to break down less then a third-hand ford thats 20 years old. You pay your money and you expect better.

I ordered a pre heresy mark 2b landraider, but I had a Huge bubble on the bottom of the hull. I rung them up, and got a replacement. I then went to my local hobby store, got some plasticard, and simply fitted it OVER the bubble... :P :devil: :devil: :devil: Their

so what your basically saying is I can order some FW stuff and call them up and say its defective and they will send me a replacement without asking questions.

Suddenly there prices don't seem so expensive.....2 for 1 anyone?

so what your basically saying is I can order some FW stuff and call them up and say its defective and they will send me a replacement without asking questions.

Or they will figure this out and increase the prices further for the more honest guy next go round.

ditto what OMG stated.

Carefuel, Beware of karma.

Tsk Tsk.

I would send a picture to prove that the part was damaged in any case.

yes, that's just highly dishonest, though rather a good idea. I remember a similar situation with absolutely no relevance to 40k whatsoever, so I'll shut up about it.

That it does! I ended up really letting rip and was met with a rather huffy:

"Mr Button, you cannot use such language on the telephone."

My reply:

"Guess what? I just DID."

I like your style

I for one don't, infact I think it's pretty disgusting really. The person on the other end of the phone didn't do the cast or send out the product personally so why should they put up with being shouted at. When someone is willing to help you and arrange replacements being shipped out then you should be thankfull, if you have genuine problems with the product then you ask to speak to someone who is supposed to be in charge of quality control and inform them of their error.

Well mine have just arrived and are the same as the majority of peoples who have had a misscast/damaged torso sprue. And im still trying to get through to FW, but th eline is engaged :(

My dad ordered a set of Rhino doors which had detail damage from bubbles, the replacement was a bit slow, so he got a free Land Speeder Tempest. Pretty good if you ask me.

* Oblit frantically starts punching holes in his Rhino doors * :ph34r:

My dad ordered a set of Rhino doors which had detail damage from bubbles, the replacement was a bit slow, so he got a free Land Speeder Tempest. Pretty good if you ask me.

* Oblit frantically starts punching holes in his Rhino doors * :ph34r:

B)

i had to get the backpack from my spacewolf showcase replaced because it was all crunked up (well the exauhst and the wolf motif were) but they sent me a new one but because of the delays i also got a BFG chaos command class cruiser and some other things too lol

Having never bought FW stuff myself I can only speak of others experiences. If your read Commander Y's post in the other thread I would agree with it 100%. If your going to charge a premium for a product you expect it to be flawless.

For example if you buy a brand new BMW or Ferrari or whatever your going to want it to break down less then a third-hand ford thats 20 years old. You pay your money and you expect better.

i agree with what you say about paying a premium for quality but you seem to be forgetting jeremy clarkson and the on going saga of his ford GT40!!! lol

yes FW screw up, yes their asking a premium but remember their customer service is on a level with koneigsegg - if your car breaks down anywhere in the world, they fly a mechanic out to you - anyway enough with the topgear comparisons.

FW produce great stuff and they look after their customers so i cant complain - well i can seems as im still waiting on my order from 2 weeks ago! grr lol

cheers

millest

If it was over priced, why buy it?

If you bought it, it wasn't over priced. :P

They priced it to optimize their income. Nothing more.

If it is to pricey make more money, or change requirements.

Well reading the content of this thread it seems to me FW price everything with an allowance for sending it out twice!! No wonder it's so expensive. It must be realised that if ex gratis replacement of faulty items isn't part of the financial equation for a manufactoring company they would very quickly go bust. Meaning the stuff that is OK becomes vastly overpriced.

I bought a Plasma Cannon arm for my Dark Angels Dread and it was fine, but expensive. And I now live in constant fear of dropping or chipping the damn thing. How some of you intend to build complete space marine armies is beyond me.

The basic problem comes down to production runs which at FW are comparatively small against the large runs of GW. Low runs = expensive products and dubious quality control. In manufactoring big is nearly always better.

Best of luck

I

Well reading the content of this thread it seems to me FW price everything with an allowance for sending it out twice!!
Best FW quote ever :P

• 2 weeks later...

Welll... i can't see how you've all had such nightmares with FW. i've made several orders of varying sizes at different times of day. Each order has arrived to me within 3-5 working days and has virtually no faults except the odd spot of "flash" which is easily removed.

As for all this talk of it being expensive is rubbish.

FW isnt expensive... but it is alot of money. There is a difference.

Hi, just adding my personal experience of FW, yes the products may be more costly than GW, but I do welcome the new smaller 'kit addon' type products they're selling now.

I have a few big FW items and the detail is amazing, but the cost makes you think long and hard about buying them. Whereas now the new addon bits are generally cheap enough for most gamers to buy to add something special to a unit.

I just got a set of FW red scorpians, opened the box expecting bubbles and miscasting, but to my surprise found NOT A SINGLE MISCAST OR BUBBLE!!!! :)

Even the sword was straight :D

......Cheers from an extremely surprised FireHawk

Premium products are NOT out of necessity more reliable or better "quality" in absolute terms - the moulds, however, are considerably more detailed than the typical GW metal or plastic castings. I agree that there may be something wrong with the process, but believe me, Mercs, BMWs and Ferraris (espcially the latter) are NOT as reliable as say the Toyota, you just get exceptional Customer service and the finished product looks better. Just like Forgeworld...

Ive only ever ordered one thing from FW, and those were some vehicle icons. I had to have them replaced four times because the molds were cast improperly, or the detail was buggered, etc. Once I got my fourth set, they were alright. And, FW felt so bad about the whole mishap, they sent me an extra set free of charge :D Just goes to show you, patience and politeness will get you far in life (or in this case, an extra set of vehicle icons ;) But you get my drift.)

-Kaldoth

I very recently received my first order from Forge World. I ordered a set of Death Wing shoulder pads and a set of Dragon's Teeth.

The pads were exquisite, flawless, gems. The Teeth on the other hand were rather poorly cast and lacked a lot of detail compared to the pieces that I had seen in person at shops and belonging to friends. I was very disappointed with them.

I don't want to have to send them back as it cost almost as much to ship them as it did to buy them so I have been hesitant about calling. Seeing all of your praise for FW customer service has changed my mind though.

I'll let you know how it turns out.

The only thing i have ever ordered myself from FW is the kroot Great Gnarloc. It came in great nick, and went together like a dream (I broke off one the handlers weapons though cos the blade was so thin!)

My mate has ordered a stupid amount of BFG ships from them and he hasn't complained and my dad has bought lots of Epic Tau, and they are fine too. The amount of detail on FW's smaller stuff is phenominal btw.

Anyway, just thought i'd say that I haven't seen anything wrong from their products, but i've probably jinxed myself now!

Whenever I've had a problem with stuff I've bought (I never order, just buy at games day), I've just E-mailed them, told them the problem and had a new part 1-2 weeks later, no questions or anything.

I bought mine at Games Day and when I opened it up later at a lunch table, I was actually missing the head from my FW Dreadnought. I thought "There is no way they are going to believe me...", but they gave me a new one on the spot. (No questions asked.)

A+ on customer service in my book.

Archived