Forgeworld quality case example

You know, when i bought my Mars Pattern Warhound, it was missing toes for one of the feet. When i sent an e-mail about it, somehow my mail bugged, and sent it twice. so i ended up getting two sets of toes. mebbe i hould order another titan, and say that the resin is warped, then send it two more times :P

No, that would be takin advantage of them. :ph34r:

as an afterthaught. mebbie that's why the prices are so high to begin with...

The things I bought from FW were the Space Wolves Terminator Sprue and the Eldar Void Dragon Phoenix. The qualitiy of both was flawless and there wasn't single bubble or whatever ;)

rolleyes.gif So much for the honor system. I guess we play fantasy games where honor is everything because it is most unlike ourselves in real life.

Well said :unsure:

Can I just say i've ordered (probably) hundreds of pounds worth of bits from FW, from Kroot Gnarlocs to Rhino and Land Raider doors, to building segments. My most recent purchase was Shas'o R'Myr.

I have NEVER had a problem with any of the casts at all. They've all been excellent quality with minimal work to remove sprue and flash. Mold lines are normally pretty good.

Maybe i've just been lucky.

It's also worth noting that FW state quite clearly on their website that because they are resin casts, the kits are specifically marked as for experienced to professional modellers. You are expected to know how to rectify the inherent problems in resin casting and any issues that come from the casts (bubbles, bent components etc).

I do however agree that if something is actually broken or knackered beyond reasonable expectation then it should be replaced.

I've only ordered a couple of things from FW(a couple of tank turrets and the giant spore mines) and have had no problem with them in quality so far (knock wood). My Red Scorpions have arrived but I can't officially open them until Sunday as my wife ordered them for my kids to give me for Father's Day. ;)

[preach mode on]

As for the comments about taking advantage of FW's pro-customer attitude towards fixing problems. I've seen several comments that this was a good idea and while I don't know the individuals personally, it does make me wonder where we are as a society in general and a community here specifically that this doesn't flay the edges of our consciences at how wrong it is. It's been pointed out that if FW thinks they're being taken advantage of in this manner, they'll have no choice but to raise prices to accomodate this practice. It would be nice if their manufacturing process were more effective and their QC was catching more problems but, it seems apparent that their prices to some degree reflect the knowledge that they will have to replace a portion of their product. If people dishonestly abuse their attempts to rectify the problems generated by their somewhat lacking manufacturing & QC processes, that vast majority who are not doing anything wrong will be left paying higher prices to pay pay for FW's unnecessary additional losses.

[preach mode off]

Archived