Having looked at the pictures again, my only bits of criticism would be 1) there's a tad too much mud on his legs but that's very much down to personal taste and what impression you're trying to convey to the viewer, and 2) he looks very... well, dull and I think it's a shame. A couple of small edge highlights towards the top of the model which isn't so covered with muck would do wonders (though I'm guessing "dull" is the overall effect you were going for anyway).

Looks just about perfect in terms of mud to me, Dos. 'course, I might be a wee bit biased in that regard. :P

Currently sneaking a msg at work (hehehe), but just real quick:

1. the dull, battered armour is intentional. He was a destroyer of the 22nd Nemesis for most of his life, and the rad-scars and char is pretty much permanent, thus duller armour than Phelan's spit-and-polish Dragoons.  :)

2. I missed you all fiercely. The BnC is a community like no other, and I actually felt an absense during my....'trials' the last few months. The warm welcome has floored me, honest. It was way too long of a hiatus, and I literally had to blow actual dust off my painting table. It's good to be back aboard The Ship, amongst my crew.  :)

3. This isn't it.  Another post is coming tonight, as well as group shots this weekend as (drumroll, please) all of my infantry are done! Moving on to treads now. Also, the story of the XIV is officially moving into the Endgame, so this week would be a good time to catch up on the In Memorium stories floating through here. OD-Day +0 is time now.....

What's next? Land Raiders, peeps. Land Raiders as far as the eye can see.....   :D

Good to see this thread active again. I've missed my heresy hobby hit. Hyaenidae, I've dropped you a PM about Gorkamorka bolters. I believe you expressed interest in them in one of my threads, then never followed up.

Keep up the good work gents.

Dallo

3. This isn't it. Another post is coming tonight, as well as group shots this weekend as (drumroll, please) all of my infantry are done! Moving on to treads now. Also, the story of the XIV is officially moving into the Endgame, so this week would be a good time to catch up on the In Memorium stories floating through here. OD-Day +0 is time now.....

What's next? Land Raiders, peeps. Land Raiders as far as the eye can see..... biggrin.png

Firing on all pistons, I see. Glad to hear you coming back swinging. :tu:

Currently sneaking a msg at work (hehehe), but just real quick:

1. the dull, battered armour is intentional. He was a destroyer of the 22nd Nemesis for most of his life, and the rad-scars and char is pretty much permanent, thus duller armour than Phelan's spit-and-polish Dragoons. smile.png

2. I missed you all fiercely. The BnC is a community like no other, and I actually felt an absense during my....'trials' the last few months. The warm welcome has floored me, honest. It was way too long of a hiatus, and I literally had to blow actual dust off my painting table. It's good to be back aboard The Ship, amongst my crew. smile.png

3. This isn't it. Another post is coming tonight, as well as group shots this weekend as (drumroll, please) all of my infantry are done! Moving on to treads now. Also, the story of the XIV is officially moving into the Endgame, so this week would be a good time to catch up on the In Memorium stories floating through here. OD-Day +0 is time now.....

What's next? Land Raiders, peeps. Land Raiders as far as the eye can see..... biggrin.png

We'll always welcome you back, sir. You're the Captain of the Ship, and Lord of her Crew, first Engineer to the Brakeless Train. This community would not have been the same without you. I can speak only for myself (though I'm sure others feel the same way) but you've literally been a bigger influence on my hobby than any other man alive.

I just realized, if all the infantry of the XIV Dragoon are done, does this mean Mahdra numbers among them? It's funny: at once, I'm happy that you've got all your infantry painted up, but there's an air of finality, a sadness. This story, this journey, is almost over, and the XIV Dragoon is marching to its death. In Memoriam. We all knew this was coming, but I'm not sure if I was ever ready to see it happen. :(

Also, you'd better be painting all of this up. :P

med_gallery_37532_8712_149587.jpg

Thanks for the comments and criticisms, y'all. I admit, I didn't do as well on this fella as I would have liked. My detail brushes must've gotten used by my kids when I wasn't looking, cuz most of them are toast. And my last two good ones aren't that good, lol. New brushes in the mail right now, so I'll do a little clean-up soon. :).

So, I'm still not totally satisfied with my next story, so I'm gonna keep working on it tonight to hash out some fine details (and knock some cobwebs in my brain loose, lol). Also, I have a couple of PM's in my inbox from folks who thought I had been stomped to death by a moose, and I should probably let them know that the rumours of my demise.... yep. In good faith, though, I promised a post.

So, I give to you my old welcome to One-Eye, when he joined the Heresy with his Scars. It's finally painted, lol. Here's to you, One-Eye, I owed this to you for a while. :)

gallery_37532_8712_20132.jpggallery_37532_8712_62091.jpg

gallery_37532_8712_43908.jpggallery_37532_8712_61571.jpg

Thanks for the comments and criticisms, y'all. I admit, I didn't do as well on this fella as I would have liked. My detail brushes must've gotten used by my kids when I wasn't looking, cuz most of them are toast. And my last two good ones aren't that good, lol. New brushes in the mail right now, so I'll do a little clean-up soon. :).

So, I'm still not totally satisfied with my next story, so I'm gonna keep working on it tonight to hash out some fine details (and knock some cobwebs in my brain loose, lol). Also, I have a couple of PM's in my inbox from folks who thought I had been stomped to death by a moose, and I should probably let them know that the rumours of my demise.... yep. In good faith, though, I promised a post.

So, I give to you my old welcome to One-Eye, when he joined the Heresy with his Scars. It's finally painted, lol. Here's to you, One-Eye, I owed this to you for a while. :)

gallery_37532_8712_20132.jpggallery_37532_8712_62091.jpg

gallery_37532_8712_43908.jpggallery_37532_8712_61571.jpg

"There's something on your face!"

*sound of a Power Fist discharging, accompanied by a meaty splat*

"It was pain!"

Archived