Hell, I'll take gritty and brutal both, lol. Thanks y'all. :)

So, bad news first; no story tonight. I'm in a full pause because (good news) we're all reviving our brains and trying to piece this campaign back together, legit. So, it's time to coallate notes, gather ourselves, and get this whole project back on all four tires.

But..... I ain't gonna stop painting. mainly because I have too many Raiders and Preds to get through, lol.

gallery_37532_8712_183628.jpggallery_37532_8712_118633.jpggallery_37532_8712_86115.jpggallery_37532_8712_71843.jpggallery_37532_8712_10919.jpggallery_37532_8712_73896.jpg

Night, y'all. :)

So, bad news first; no story tonight. I'm in a full pause because (good news) we're all reviving our brains and trying to piece this campaign back together, legit. So, it's time to coallate notes, gather ourselves, and get this whole project back on all four tires.

Bad news? This entire project back off the ground like it used to be? How can that be anything but good news (even at consequence of a wait for story.) biggrin.png

Cute Predator. The jerry cans at the back are a nice touch! smile.png

Personally, I was especially proud of the Khârn victim I got on two feet. 

He's the image of an Iron Warrior boiled down to his barest core:

"Your axe, brother. You still have an arm to hold it with. Now go die, for the Legion and it's honour."

Good to see you back Heathens - I have to say, your painting and modelling skills are better than ever

Those are some seriously nice looking models!

...And I'm totes stealing some of them poses...

http://i915.photobucket.com/albums/ac352/Noctus-Cornix/title934017272_zpshlshetyq.png

Home?... We can't go home..  We crossed that line long ago.

http://i915.photobucket.com/albums/ac352/Noctus-Cornix/20161001_113508_zps2kdvkmls.jpg

Documentation excerpt: Display Data-Log recorded from the writings of Inquisitor Levara. Scribe Confidant to the High Lords- Designation 328M-B317.

+SCANNING DOCUMENTATION+ 

+DISPLAYING DOCUMENTATION EXCERPT+

"Of all those who descended from the Great Betrayer, who's name will not be stated for threat of my own soul, there is none who quite displayed such tragic a fall as those of the Chapter of the Ruined King. Among the Warrior-Priests of the XVII Legiones Astartes, there has always exhibited a nature of Faith and Loyalty, fanaticism in a cause that went beyond mere politics and need for conquest. They had broken their mold as weapons of war, instead becoming that which the Imperium had loathed most in this galaxy. Yet, among those who called themselves Bearers of the Word, it was the Chapter of the Ruined King that displayed such staunch loyalty to the Great Betrayer that each command was a sacred oath. In my findings, as I and those of my Ordo try to piece together some understanding to the cause of this great tragedy, never did I find such nobility in the Traitor Legions as I did in the Chapter Master, 'King' Allant Abjur Loyr' Rahir, "Servant of the Most Merciful", and his Knights.

During the Great Crusade, it is said that Allant Was to be akin to a Knight of Old Legend, holding to the merits of a sacred duty that he held with conviction and solemn chivalry. Those that followed him into battle were no different, warriors who adopted this code and held with them humbleness and virtue. The were not the zealots of their kin who charged into battle with the fire of their faith on their tongues and the overindulgence of ritual. The fire of the zeal remained in their hearts, seeing that their mission is done no matter the cost. 

What changed in the Chapter Master Allant amidst those days of Treachery is unknown, but as he sailed with his Kin through the fires of burning Ultramar and the long to Terra, Hell followed with him. Few, even among their own kin displayed so dramatic and devolved a transformation as the Chapter of the Ruined King, none amongst their Legion untouched by the foul machinations of that malicious thing, though I dare not speak its name. Cruel horns, burning eyes, flesh and bones warped by the caress of this Primordial Evil. It was as though they had communed with the very essence of whatever Darkness they found in the cold places of the Void where only Insanity lay. 

Perhaps it is true then, that even the purest of Soul can be tainted by those they loved most, for few loved his Father as Allant did the Great Betrayer. 

http://i915.photobucket.com/albums/ac352/Noctus-Cornix/20161001_113647_zpsuoegmomw.jpg

http://i915.photobucket.com/albums/ac352/Noctus-Cornix/20161001_113659_zps6ainjnmo.jpg

Pict Capture KV/2395-5N-25322, Legionary Hassan Gor'Rath

XVII Legion, Siege of Terra-Day 27

Glory be. The Ruined King finally makes a proper entrance, after... what? Two years since the first teaser? (and no, I'm not counting Lorgar. As awesome as he is, he's no more a member of the Chapter than Horus was part of the Justaerin.)

Brilliant work. The pose is fairly close to the standard Bolter buddy stance, yet it's just subtly different enough to make it interesting. Perfect for a line Marine. I have to say though, for me he kirts the line between Heresy Marine and 40k Chaos Marine very closely, perhaps a little too closely in my opinion, but he'll definitely work in the larger framerwork of a 30k force.

Oh no, don't get me wrong: I never doubted that it was intentional. All four of you guys have shown pretty clearly throughout this thread that every aesthetic decision is carefully considered, and completely intentional. I suppose I was merely pointing out the obvious. And I like him a lot.

Great to see some new work from you Noctus!

I really love the fluff piece about the Chapter of the Ruined King. Very evocative :tu:

It's also great to see a Word Bearer that has some clear signs of his new allegiance. Good combination of FW bits and GW plastics. The bolter from the plastic Chaos Chosen is a particular favourite. The only thing that I'm not sold on is the MkV/VII style helmet. I'm sure that it fits with your fluff and is aesthetically appropriate for your Chapter, but when I see it I'm immediately reminded of 40k WBs.

Looking forward to some more :)

Great to see some new work from you Noctus!

I really love the fluff piece about the Chapter of the Ruined King. Very evocative thumbsup.gif

It's also great to see a Word Bearer that has some clear signs of his new allegiance. Good combination of FW bits and GW plastics. The bolter from the plastic Chaos Chosen is a particular favourite. The only thing that I'm not sold on is the MkV/VII style helmet. I'm sure that it fits with your fluff and is aesthetically appropriate for your Chapter, but when I see it I'm immediately reminded of 40k WBs.

Looking forward to some more smile.png

I was equally skeptical at first, but after some thought I decided there's enough show or Sauren pattern vox-grill and it looked close enough to a MK V... I certainly see your point though, mate. Glad you like him though!

• 3 weeks later...

Archived