The Lost and Forgotten: Building the II Legion

Athrawes

I've been watching this thread since day 1.

And I thought it was great but each new addition bought more amazing pieces and the idea is fleshed out perfectly.

Edit: you have my begrudging respect & admiration

Love that banner! Do I spot a chrysanthemum below the legion number?

Official or not, this is the II legion.

Actually, it's a Cherry Blossom. I'm using it as a campaign badge (a handful of models in the army will eventually have small ones sculpted onto their armor).

And thank you for the compliment, I can't think of better goal to strive for! 

And thank you for the compliment, I can't think of better goal to strive for!

Honestly, in my opinion, this is one of the best M30-era logs out here, right up there with (and perhaps surpassing) the 'In Memoriam' lot, simply because of how well planned and thought out this is. Your image of the II Legio is both faithful to the lore and plausable, and that is definitely to be admired. Bravo!

I thought you guys might be interested to know, I had a great conversation with the people over at Den of Imagination about the Sculpt of Primarch Icarion.

Basically the consensus is, his neck will be magnetized so that he will have two head options, a bare head based off of the Sketch and portrait study from Ibrahem Swaid, and a helmeted version.

It has always bugged me that the Forgeworld Primarchs don't come with helmets as an option, nor are the Primarchs ever depicted with helmets even though they are known to wear them in battle.

So, Icarion will have a helmet. I can't wait.

Wow, not only have you written good fluff for the 2nd legion, but you've also managed to create visually distinct models. I applaud your initiative to tackle one of the lost legions.

You've got yourself one more follower ;)

Edit: the volkite terminators look awesome and I wish FW made something similar

Chosen of the Legion

http://i1088.photobucket.com/albums/i327/nickfayette1/IMG_1057.jpghttp://i1088.photobucket.com/albums/i327/nickfayette1/IMG_1056.jpg

(Pictured above is Tetsuo Ray, Lieutenant, 9th Company, 2nd Battalion. Drawing his Traditional Vibro Katana for combat)

http://i1088.photobucket.com/albums/i327/nickfayette1/IMG_1058.jpg

(Pictured above is the Command element of the 9th company under Sentinel Athrawes.)

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

So here is the current state of my Legion's chosen. I've gone ahead and added cherry blossoms to their armor for decoration. I have to say that I like how the soft pink breaks up the very monotonous Grey, black and Brass of the Legions heraldry. 

Additionally, I just wanted to share something with you guys. I had the unique experience of having another member of B&C message me asking for permission to create an army based of my 2nd legion Concept.

This has honestly really surprise me, Its been such a unique experience finally modeling a creating something that I have been imagining for years. But I never thought that some one would enjoy it so much that they would want to invest their time and effort in the creation of models that are based off an I idea I had. 

I know that the Thunder Legion and their Primarch have meant a lot to me but I never expected them to mean anything to anyone else.

This has all really touched me and hopefully the member can be persuaded to start their own 'Thunder Legion' Project log to share their enthusiasm with the rest of the community.

Welcome to the 'Lost and Forgotten' Brother.

You deserve the praise athrawes. Tackling the II or the XI is pretty nutty, and the fact that this community has gone, 'Hey. Not so nutty' is somethin! The end-game of this project though, you have your work cut out for you there :P

One of the most inspired threads on the subject of the lost legions. I think the approach you have taken has hit a spot with most of us that makes for not only a good read and nice minis to look at but it also inspires. You have gone about creating something different and yet believable that feels like it could be in the fluff. That is all worth it for me to read and follow.

Here is the first color test for Icarion, I would really appreciate feedback and opinions so that Mr. Swaid and I can narrow down the color scheme to something that fits in with the II Legion but would also look striking on the tabletop. 

http://i1088.photobucket.com/albums/i327/nickfayette1/colortest-1.jpg

Edit: It's also worth noting that we can mix and match pieces from different color tests. For example, Match the shoulders and chest tubing from A with D.

Archived