Thanks comrades, the plasma conversion isn't a huge amount of work overall and I can improve for next time. Not sure when or if that'll be, I'm wondering about volley guns next but I'm not sure. The hotshot profile is decent, but you can get pretty much the same from the grunts so it may be better to use the special weapon slots for something, well, special :P

Yes, range is a bit of an issue (especially in KT) so that's a bonus. I have plenty of Stormies to build so I'll get round to a couple I expect as they do look cool. I always thought about them being nice to put in a Command Squad, but that's probably not the best idea as they'd be easily removed.

The stormies look great! I really like the plasma conversions. As mentioned before, I may borrow that idea...

My first army was pure scions and I tend to run volleyguns relatively often. On paper it doesn't look amazing but the s4 is really nice. The volleygun command squad is fun too. My opponents tend to ignore them in favor of taking out a plasma squad and they can really reach out and touch someone. The high volume of fire seems to help with thinning hordes too - something scions can struggle with if they skew towards too much plasma. Just a thought!

Thanks! I plan on getting the Stormies together for a pure force at smaller points eventually - I think I have enough models too. The HSVG will definitely make an appearance there as a bit more shooting plus I'll need some units to deploy on the table to start with.

I'm focusing on clearing my current projects at the moment, that'll be a couple of Chaos units that have languished half done now. After that there's five more Stormies I've started that will also need completing on my grand quest for Project 0, so I might not be that far away from a small Stormie list :smile.:

• 4 months later...

Had to break out the unopened box to access shoulder piece #19 - shared with the cool pointing Hotshot gun and the grenade launcher:

gallery_30308_10604_36206.jpg

After I had made an Inquisitorial Stormtrooper 500pt list the CA2019 points drop for Stormies is most welcome even if I need to rework it :wink: Sergeant's arms are magnetised (RIP superglue) but this squad will be the starts of the "cheap filler", so along with the GLs and a full 10 man squad probably he likely won't be armed with anything else but always best to have the option :smile.:

It will be a busy week ahead of me, but I hope to plink away on them with a hope to get them done next weekend if possible. I'm keen to get moving on other projects, but I'm also thinking that a few more Stormie units could be on the cards...

• 2 weeks later...

I've not used GLs for Stormies yet, but the idea is to have them as a cheaper squad. Likely 10 man, they can hold ground before the task squads drop in to do their thing. It always seems a waste not to use special weapon options and since I have used them plenty with Guard squads I figured that their cheap versatility will work just as well.

It's certainly not breaking the bank (and Stormie lists tend to have more floating points too), and is probably more useful for Stormtroopers over Guard. Some 24" shooting and a bit of help against hordes or armour will be very useful I'm sure. Krak grenades usually surprise people with what they can do :smile.:

• 2 months later...

First Stormie only HQ ready:

gallery_30308_10604_3699.jpg

I thought about magnetising his arm, but the coat doesn't really want that and I realised that I'd probably never give him anything fancy. If I do another Tempestor I might give him the pointing arm. I'm thinking about GSing his coat to fill the gaps so may prime them tomorrow, but still plenty of time to get them done for the Chalnath Expanse Liberation war effort :tu:

I'm focusing on the Stormies for now, and they're almost there:

gallery_30308_10604_62389.jpg

I've also made the decision to adjust the colour scheme slightly with a lighter red. I'm thinking/hoping that repainting the existing 15 models won't be too much work :P Hopefully get them done tomorrow so I can move on to the Tempestor Prime :tu:

Tempestor Prime done, for a completed vow :D

gallery_30308_10604_55912.jpg

gallery_30308_10604_10894.jpg

I wasn't sure if the overcoat was right for me initially, but fortunately it all came together in the end and I think looks really cool. Next Prime will get one too! Got suitably inspired for a little bit more on the 501 too:

When Arukan was brought into the Imperial fold again it finally knew peace - for countless centuries war had raged somewhere and the strange lull was something their culture didn't understand, let alone the people. Under the auspices of their new benefactor this purpose was given new form and the people of Arukan took their talent for war against the xeno, traitor, and heretic. Each clan formed regiments and carried on much as they did before, but the same can not be said of the 501st.

To any native of Arukan and their sensitivity to such things it is clear they are brothers and sisters of the same world, but they bear no cultural ties to any of the great clans and give no clue to their origins. They deliberately stand aloof from others, avoiding unnecessary contact and functioning entirely separate in all things even prosecuting the same wars without collaboration. They are left to their own devices, for as much as the 144th are called the Inquisitor Lord's own the 501st are his hands.

"The 501 keep to their own as well they should. They work to the Benefactor's orders only so whatever dread task they have we're best not knowing. They know nothing of honour, care for nothing but duty - I'm told they either prevail or all die in the attempt and nothing terrifies me more than the thought of something they can't beat. I pray to the God-Emperor every night for their success, as should you all for the alternative is too terrible to contemplate."