It's been a long time...

Captain Semper

Sounds fun. I've got some Tau I can pledge, got back into Tau with some eBay acquisitions earlier this year. Gotta get that army squared away before the Wolf King returns, after all!

Whelp, guess it's finally time to buy of all things that laptop I keep putting off on buying because my current laptop's OS doesn't work with the new camera(s) that I've bought to replace the one I lost in the middle of ETL V.....  

GAH THIS TIMING I HAVE A THUNDERHAWK NOW THAT I WANT TO BUILD BUT NOW IM LIKE DO I SAVE IT FOR ETL!?!?!?!?!?!?

THE CONFLICT IS REAL

Build it now, paint it for the ETL! :)

GAH THIS TIMING I HAVE A THUNDERHAWK NOW THAT I WANT TO BUILD BUT NOW IM LIKE DO I SAVE IT FOR ETL!?!?!?!?!?!?

THE CONFLICT IS REAL

Save it for ETL, Slips! Save it for the VIIth! Save it for Dorn and the glory of Him on Earth!

I just realised I had another query; since HH will be based on the AoD forum as a whole, will there be an issue with people wanting to paint up multiple units from different legions? Say I want to do an IF Deredeo (because it's sat on the side, staring at me and asking why has it not been clad in the yellow of a sunburst), could I also do an Iron Warrior tactical squad?

As others said, how you paint your minis is up to you. But they have to be correct according to the list you use to price them from.

Will Deathguard and Thousand Sons come under the Chaos 'umberella' or will they be stand alone factions?

:yes:

So, do you have to pledge unbuilt models only, or if you have them built but not painted does that count?

At the time of pledging models can be at an undercoated stage at most. So anything from being in the box up to fully assembled and undercoated is fine.

In all the years I've been here, I've never once participated in this event. I've just never been into the model side of the hobby.

My how things change.

Great to see you interested Conn! :woot: one of the great things with the ETL is that you can participate with literally a single infantry sized mini (provided it constitutes a legal unit). So join up and see what this ETL is all about!

Whelp, guess it's finally time to buy of all things that laptop I keep putting off on buying because my current laptop's OS doesn't work with the new camera(s) that I've bought to replace the one I lost in the middle of ETL V.....

Get a Mac! Huge fan of Macs, got my first one back in 2014 and never looked back!

Oh man I’m so ready, as a long time lurker and very infrequent poster I’ve seen the ETL come and go, watched all the madness that follows and all the creativity and work that goes into this event and for the first time I’m in a position to participate with all the new knight releases and the small start of my own ad mech.

Time to fire up the engines boys, house Pendraken marches to war

Reading through I don't see anything restricting someone from paint 2 kinds of armies, but I also didn't see anyone do 2 different armies. Wondering if I should save my Scions or just do them now. This did get me to order some Intercessors though and start converting them, just need to decide on regular SM arms or Primaris....

Reading through I don't see anything restricting someone from paint 2 kinds of armies, but I also didn't see anyone do 2 different armies. Wondering if I should save my Scions or just do them now. This did get me to order some Intercessors though and start converting them, just need to decide on regular SM arms or Primaris....

All Vows must come from the one Codex, and be vowed to that Sub-forum, but how you paint them is up to you.

All Vows must come from the one Codex, and be vowed to that Sub-forum, but how you paint them is up to you.

This. Im pretty sure Deathspectersgt7 painted something Marines from like 20 different chapters last time, which all counted because they were all from Codex Space Marines.

What you can’t do is mix and match between sub forums, so if you wanted to paint Dark Angels and Blood Angels, only one of them will be valid to count towards the faction total, with the other considered to be “out of competition”.

That said, we’ll need to wait and see how Cap arranges the factions this time. There was some talk after the last ETL of Guard, Inquisition, Sororitas etc all being rolled into a single group to make them more competitive with the rest of the board.

If that’s the case, I suspect you’d be able to mix and match anything from those groups and it would all count.

I guess I'll be joining for Blood Angels then. I've still got lots of T'au to paint but I also want to prepare my Captain for the Feast of Blades. Also I have mostly half-finished T'au units anyway (I get distracted too easily by all the different T'au models lol).

Captain Semper: it's been an agonisingly long time, friend.

Looking very much forward to this, hopefully the Age of Darkness fanatics like myself will be able to participate without to much hassle, since i'm in the process of gathering together some Solar Auxilia.

Any ETA for this? I take it will start around the end of spring/beginning of summer?

Archived