It's been a long time...

Captain Semper

Index books count as their own faction until they get a codex release? If you want to win choose a faction with more than 3 players?

How does everyone think Xenos factions will do? Cant see anyone attempting 15k of Orks. If anyone does manage 15k of greenskins Ill tattoo I love (insert username) like Slaanesh loves dancing on my chest.

Index books count as their own faction until they get a codex release? If you want to win choose a faction with more than 3 players?

As I said, it's not necessarily all about winning. ^^

How does everyone think Xenos factions will do? Cant see anyone attempting 15k of Orks. If anyone does manage 15k of greenskins Ill tattoo I love (insert username) like Slaanesh loves dancing on my chest.

I can see Drukhari and Necrons (thanks to Forgebane) getting a good amount of points. I don't think T'au will since many people moved away from T'au in 8th and many other already painted all their big suits they want/need during 7th.

Orks have a strong fanbase but they have tons of cheap models and still no Codex. Can't see them doing too well right now.

Haha, there is indeed a lot to think of this year ahead of the event and a lot to be learned after. The performance of Xenos especially is a great unknown.

Having said that, I’m really impressed with GW Codex output!

Edit: the rules were finalised before this teaser thread was posted, but it’s really interesting to read the thoughts of people ahead of the event. And it’ll be even more interesting to read their thoughts after it too (if I’m still sane enough to understand English or thoughts of higher complexity than “I hungry” or the particularly challenging: “l thirsty”).

I've often thought, what if the competition was tiered between factions and super factions.

Ie, each sub forum like templars, thousand sons etc... compete for faction. Yet all factions are pooled for a super faction like chaos vs imperium vs xenos. Or if imperium is too big. Adeptus Astartes and all other imperial.

This is just for fun and to motivate hobbyists. The table top is not often balanced either. And this year is a mystery thanks to xenos anyways.

No doubt Chaos Fraeter will strip me, hang me from a tree and beat me like a Pinata then dance around my mangled corpse in celebration for saying that, the kinky buggers.

Come on... We all know you'd love that.

Celtic_Cauldron

if it were broken down into sub factions, that would create some interesting possibilities for badges, "the few and the proud" for peopled who vowed to a sub-forum with five or fewer participants, or "one man army" for someone who was the only person on their perferred sub-forum to make and keep a vow. But I would assume keeping all that straight might be more work then one person could (or would want) to do.

Well he actually said that he has already planned everything before opening this thread. We're just posting our own random thoughts on the topic. ^^

Decisions, decisions.

30K Alpha Legion (especially with Alpharius coming out) or 40K Iron Warriors?

Cheers

Vogon.

30k please. We've got those internet cookies you keep hearing about.

Another vote for 30k, in the VIIth we need a worthy challenger to test our defences!

No doubt Chaos Fraeter will strip me, hang me from a tree and beat me like a Pinata then dance around my mangled corpse in celebration for saying that, the kinky buggers.

Come on... We all know you'd love that.

Celtic_Cauldron

Im always open to new experiences lol. Im even gonna give 8th ed another chance :lol:

There's just zero chance of, say, SoB coming anywhere close to taking the title by themselves.

Not this year anyway...:laugh.:

You say that, but yesterday I primed a few dozen Sisters. Gotta make full use of that 'some base coating allowed' lead-off provided by the ETL rules.

There's just zero chance of, say, SoB coming anywhere close to taking the title by themselves.

Not this year anyway...:lol:
You say that, but yesterday I primed a few dozen Sisters. Gotta make full use of that 'some base coating allowed' lead-off provided by the ETL rules.
A fair number of my Sisters models are far too along to enter this year :( That said, I still have about 1500pts or so just in Battle Sisters...

And an Avenger :devil:

Archived