Anger and Arrogance - Event

TrawlingCleaner

Okay I'm diving in with a large-seeming vow, but I plan to do most of the work with airbrush and Turbo Dork paints.  It should be quick.  To be honest the main reason I'm doing this is because I want to try out a new painting technique and these vehicles are the perfect canvas to do it :smile.:.

I, Jack Burton, vow to complete: 3 Wave Serpents and 2 Fire Prisms, in colors to be determined by the behavior of my airbrush. (42PL)

IMG 8577 (1)

Edited by TrawlingCleaner

Sorry, not a lot of time right now, but here is the finished Avatar of Khaine for my vow.

:drool:

You're a wizard, Prot, and the brush is your wand. Absolutely great work! :happy.:

So I'm a little late to this event as I only came to CWE 2 weeks ago, but, here we go!

I, 9x19 Parabellum, vow to complete: 10 Dire Avengers and 3 Shroud Runners, all in the colors of my custom craftworld, Thu'Ban.

Welcome to both the event and the army, Parabellum! Have you worked out a colour scheme? :smile.:

I've also edited your post to add the Powerlevel of the units, it'll help me out when I go back and recount everything!

Hey guys, can we vow 3rd-party manufactured minis for this event?  I started the Heroes Infinite 'not-eldar' line and if we can then I'd like to vow some of these miniatures for the event.

Okay I'm diving in with a large-seeming vow, but I plan to do most of the work with airbrush and Turbo Dork paints.  It should be quick.  To be honest the main reason I'm doing this is because I want to try out a new painting technique and these vehicles are the perfect canvas to do it :smile.:.

I, Jack Burton, vow to complete: 3 Wave Serpents and 2 Fire Prisms, in colors to be determined by the behavior of my airbrush.

Welcome, Jack! 3rd party minatures are absolutely fine as long as they're the correct scale (not Titanicus scale for example). I'm looking forward to seeing our work!:happy.:

I've edited your post too to add your Vowed Power Level :thumbsup:

Okay, with the Avatar pictured earlier in the thread, and the Storm Guardians + Reapers, I have now completed Vow 5:

The next vow ( number 5) is a big one of different units:

(From that same picture) The Dark Reapers ( 5 PL) + Storm Guardians (The debate rages on!) (4 PL) + the Avatar! (14 PL) = 23 PL

med_gallery_2760_17359_193183.jpg

med_gallery_2760_17359_401516.jpg

And of course the Avatar:

prot-avatar-bloody-hand.jpg

prot-avatar-head.jpg

Okay, with the Avatar pictured earlier in the thread, and the Storm Guardians + Reapers, I have now completed Vow 5:

The next vow ( number 5) is a big one of different units:

(From that same picture) The Dark Reapers ( 5 PL) + Storm Guardians (The debate rages on!) (4 PL) + the Avatar! (14 PL) = 23 PL

And of course the Avatar:

Your painting continues to be incredible, Prot. I really love the combination of colours you've gotten on the Storm Guardians! :wub:

Making a little progress.

The muted grey works really well on their armour, Snazzy. What colour(s) did you use? :happy.:

I gotta little done as well.

The glow on the prism looks fantastic, I'm looking forward to seeing this done! :smile.:

You're all doing great work! We're getting into the last 3 weeks of painting, folks, keep plowing on! I need to apply my own nose to the grindstone, I'm very close to getting the Banshees done :biggrin.:

I, Xenith, vow to complete two Vyper Jetbikes for a total of 6 power on or before the 16th May 2022.

gallery_58096_16708_425625.jpg

Calling this vow finished! These bikes were ebay rescues so didnt come with canopies and were missing a gunner, as per the unpainted shot - you can see helf of my third Vyper next to them to compare ym old and new schemes.

gallery_58096_16708_291373.jpg

Vow done.

gallery_141590_16070_1033677.jpg

gallery_141590_16070_222373.jpg

Onto another vow..

I, Dwango, vow to complete: 1 proxy Prince Yriel and 2 Death Jesters for a total of 11 Power Level by May 16th.

med_gallery_141590_15861_121076.jpg

med_gallery_141590_15861_11689.jpg

med_gallery_141590_15861_104348.jpg

I've kitbashed Yriel and the second DJ. Yriel will be one of the 3 brothers who lead the Sunblitz Brotherhood. Should get these done pretty quickly.

Wow, that is beautiful! Amazing work!

I think I am going to come up short on my vow. I have had a really busy couple of weeks and I have a work conference all next week so if I can't bang out my Fire Dragons, Wave Serpent and finish my characters this week I'm probably out of luck. Definitely bit off more than I could chew! I guess next time I should make sure I have my color schemes sorted out before vowing to paint a ton of models in those schemes

Edited by Nemesor Tyriks

I, Xenith, vow to complete two Vyper Jetbikes for a total of 6 power on or before the 16th May 2022.

Calling this vow finished! These bikes were ebay rescues so didnt come with canopies and were missing a gunner, as per the unpainted shot - you can see helf of my third Vyper next to them to compare ym old and new schemes.

I love the colour, Xen! They're some lovely looking Vypers :wub:

My vow is complete!  Three Wave Serpents and two Fire Prisms.  Next step is to paint the troopers to go in them, but I'm not goign to be able to do those by the event deadline so I won't be vowing that :sad.:.

:jawdrop: Those are wonderful Jack, I'd love to see some troops painted up in the same colour scheme but I can understand not over commiting! :biggrin.: 

Wow, that is beautiful! Amazing work!

I think I am going to come up short on my vow. I have had a really busy couple of weeks and I have a work conference all next week so if I can't bang out my Fire Dragons, Wave Serpent and finish my characters this week I'm probably out of luck. Definitely bit off more than I could chew! I guess next time I should make sure I have my color schemes sorted out before vowing to paint a ton of models in those schemes

No worries, Nemesor! You gave it a bloody good go and that's all that I can ask for. There's always next event :happy.: 

Vow complete!

I with all the stuff going on irl atm, I do not find myself with enough time to make another vow.

:wub:  Those Walkers are gorgeous Urkh, your scheme goes so well together. Great stuff!

Next Vow; 5 Shining Spears and 1 Autarch Skyrunner for a total of 15 Power:

Vow complete!

One more vow - a Support Weapon and Eldrad Ulthran for a total of 11 Power

You're consistently knocking this out of the park, Halandaar, it's truly impressive. Keep up the great work! :thumbsup:

We've 7 days left, Denizens of the Webway! I've gone back through the Vows and completions and re-tallied the posts back up.  I knew I had missed some things off but it turns out I missed quite a bit!

As of this post Aeldari as a whole stand at:

766PL Vowed and 491 Completed

With a week left, we're getting close to that deadline and hopefully some more completions! :biggrin.:

Cheers TC.

Wahey 500pl go us! Still think Chaos could pip us to the post, there's a large vow been made thats still to come in. Or so the rangers say, I've definitely not been spying!

If you can, get them compltions in

Yeah that single vow alone is nearly 270PL - I was considering posting a bulk vow of everything I've got left once I'm done with my current one and trying to blast through it, but having added it up even if I manage it (unlikely at best) it wouldn't be enough to overcome that monster vow!