New DG marines I have started, and the GUO.

PussleBerry

Great work. Incredibly disgusting, in a good way. Hard to look at, almost.

As for the airbrush naysayer, airbrushing is just like any other art form. You dont just point it at a model and out comes a perfect surface. Only art form where you dont even touch the material to the page.

eeegads...an airbrush, you should be smote from your paintin pinacle with a maple tree....

dude, that is fn sweet...and kinda makes my tummy sour!!! i think u win...if only you could model it in an enclosed box and put in some rotten meat for moving scenery....

Disgusting! Utterly Disgusting! :lol::rolleyes: In the best possible way, truly beautiful.. nice work all round, can't wait to see the rest, you should send pics to Forgeworld, I bet they'd put it on their site!

Love the tones you got on the green there.. and well... it's just nasty! Top notch!

Well i have gotten a few PMS asking bout my tips for airbrushing so i figured id share it with all of you.

Im gonna try to make this into tutorial with pix also.

1.Practice on something lame first, i painted a beer can before i did the guo.

2. dont water down your paints, i use vallejo and they are pretty runny as it is. I recomend vallejo

3. Prime your guo with some flat paint, i used white for mine.

4.I started with the main tone of the whole thing a rotted flesh look.

5.after that i spray all the purple nasty rotted tones

6.let dry and clean out your airbrush.

7.Go back with the rotted green and start to blend it slowly, be careful not to be too close or pull back completley on the paint knob thing because u want the green and purple to mix to blend better.

8.Now that you have that middle tones of the purple and the blends with green worked out go back with the purple but add the dark tones into the cracks but be sure not to paint over your previous blending of the skin. all you want to do during the step is just add the darks.

9.Now i go in with yellow to add the bulboius nasty grodie look in different spots, it comes out pretty yellow so be careful with the lil knob button thing.

10.now do the same thing to blend the yellows with the green, i pretty much just sprayed the rotted green over it completly just lightly. so you get nice tint to it.

11. the final color i worked on was the red, its going to be the darkest of all the colors on the GUOs body so i made sure to leave that last. using this color do the same thing as the other colors to blend it.

12. I use the darker red to paint the open sores and the zits on his back that way its gets a nasty blended feel to it.

13.Hand paint the rest of it all now

Other tips make wounds glossy they look nastier.

www.rotten.com for dead bodies and stuff, i know its twisted but defintley helps you know what rotten corpses look like.

-Nipples

very nice.

Although I'm a fan of the actual deathguard figs, I like what you're doing there so far. I can certainly appreciate the time you've put into it.

The Great Unclean certainly looks... unclean. I probably would have attempted some slightly different wound colourings but I really like what you've done. The skin tone is great.

I never got to paint the new unclean (only the GW metal one) and you make me want to pick it up. :)

Looking really good so far.

is there something wrong with using an airbrush for skin tone?
@pussle,

theres nothing wrong with it, i just dont like airbrushing, and i wasnt fully sure if it was airbrush or maybe the photo doing it, so i waited, found out, commented on it, and then commented how it still looked good even though i dont like airbrushing

Airbrushing is great. Especially on a large skin surface. I don'y see what's wrong with it. They can be just as challenging to use as a normal brush. Kudos to you, PussleBerry, on the really nice skin. It came out beautifully.

DGF

@dgf, sure if you like how it looks its great, i dont like it, which is why i said im not interested, but felt id mention his work is still good none the less, i also wanted to ask if he was going to airbrush his army as well, the first pic kinda looks airbrushed, so i was curious

As for the airbrush naysayer, airbrushing is just like any other art form. You dont just point it at a model and out comes a perfect surface. Only art form where you dont even touch the material to the page.
@bones, thats cool, i never said it wasnt, but many people dislike autosculpting and yet its not easy either

And keep up poste, there are some of us who doesnt really care if someone uses a airbrush or not. Why bother?

@grozny, maybe because this person doesnt like airbrushing? and if you say my post was pointless then, i actually said good work, liked his conversions and asked him if he was going to airbrush or hand paint his models, as i cant tell from the first pic(it looks hand done but it could be airbrushed, im leaning towards airbrush, the photo is a bit out of focus so i cant tell)

Starks

You twisted sod you got there before me, I just started to gather some guts(erm not litteraly) to look at some discusting pics as to get teh truly rotten feel for a group of DG ans possibly a scratch built GUO. Im not a total Nurgle fan but I really want to do somethin really really rotten, just to get some variation from all the cartoony DG out there.

Once again, Love youre work man

hands down the most repulsive GUO iv personally ever seen...fantastic. but oddly enough, im almost more impressed by your marines. i really like the way they are turning out. i actually stopped my DG a couple years ago because i got so bored with them, but this new style you have brought to the table sort of makes me want to go back to start from scratch. although, and entire army of FW troops would probably be more expensive them my car payment, lol. i really cant wait to see how your grunts turn out...and that lord too!

Updates: FInished the wounds and added the nasty red infections around them.

plague sword is almost done

added the horns and im almost done highlightin em.

and i got the wrist and such painted

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v218/JasonHeuser/Picture056.jpg

heres the newest recruit

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v218/JasonHeuser/Picture055.jpg

Archived