Games Day 2003 Wolf Priest Conversion

LunchBox

the fur really works with the model now, the gold is excellent, the red is perfect for complimenting along with orange and blue(on his bling)

i look forward to seeing it in person!

Starks

Thanks...the fur looks really good in person, but $300 digi-cams 'average' colors, and tend to wash them out. I put him away for 2 days, and then looked at him again; the icy blue blibg draws you in for a closer look. I think without it, the model would be well done, but there wasn't much to catch your eye as you walked by.

i took a couple more looks, the armour looks a bit messy in some places, especially the backpack, is it possible to smoothen a bit more? (also the backpack looks grainy why is that?)

Starks

i took a couple more looks, the armour looks a bit messy in some places, especially the backpack, is it possible to smoothen a bit more? (also the backpack looks grainy why is that?)

Starks

Hey, I know what you mean with the backpack. I used the OOP metal pack from the 3rd ed. Apothecary. I sanded all the surfaces, but the metal was still a bit 'lumpy'. Thus, my attempts at blending were thwarted to a degree, as it became difficult to keep paint from pooling in the tiny recesses, and consistancy was lost. I may...<sigh> have to scrap the pack, and order the 4th ed. plastic pack. All I'd really have to repaint would be the pack itself, as I can transplant the other junk on. It's a pain to think about back-pedaling at this point, but I'd hate for something simple like a backpack to knock me out of the contest.

I did finish the scenic base, and will post pictures hopefully this weekend. It looks awsome, thanks to a special find at a garage sale. I found an old, hand-crank meat grinder, and dumped empty sprues, and other plastic model bits in there. It churns out some amazing looking rubble!

Archived