Cosmic Space Knights (of doom)

Doghouse

Eeeexcellent.

I can stop trying to think of a way to force you to work via Voodoo.

I was considering a tiny whip, but that just seemed a tad too Slaanesh.

Incidentally, Clone Marine names:

Brother Heatsink

Brother Lure

Brother Ablative

Do they all have to be meatshield-themed, or can they be mass-produced themed?

IE, Brother MadeinChina?

Brother Made-on-equipment-that-also-processes-peanuts-and-tree-nuts?

when i read about Brother Dry-Clean-Only, i started to laugh myself. now people at my office start to wonder why i kept doing that every time i read this thread. good job Doghouse.

ps. if i get fired, i held you responsible for this =(^.^)=

Thanks guys I greatly appreciate the support and am really pleased that everyone is enjoying the log so far. :)

OwenCrute: Not sure I like the idea of the whip... :D

The idea behind the clone names is that originally they probably were quite sensible names like Brother Mathius or Brother Konrad. A couple of battles and several hundred dead clones later it would have been more a case of the Serfs in charge of naming the new clones running out of ideas and getting extremely fed up of trying to come up with new ones.

They know the mortallity rate is extremely high amongst the clones, most living to see two battles if they are lucky and so just don't put the effort in anymore. It's a boring job coming up with new names as far as the Serfs are concerned but still beats being Vaan Damage's personal assistant.

They are very much named with the philosophy of "this clone is going to suffer a horrible and potentially embaressing death not long after deployment so why bother with anything that anyone is going to bother to remember, I hate my job!"

So their names depends on just how expendable they are and how unimaginative the Serf naming them is.

kiboko: Sorry mate, I really need to add a warning to this thread...may cause damage to your monitor and get you fired from your job for enjoying yourself at work! :)

Brother Cambrius : I'm going to try and model him sulking with his arms crossed refusing to take part in the battle.

Brother Martemis: That made me laugh! ;)

Hubernator: Will do asap. ;)

Zeller: Nice one! :)

Well payday is coming up and my annual bonus should be included (hurrah I can afford to eat again!!!) so if I can bring myself to part with some of it on something other than bills you should be getting a glimpse of the rather large Landraider Proxy the Fortress (of doom) sometime soon. ;)

I love this stuff ^_^ Everytime I see a new actual update, I know my day will have something to

laugh about in it...

I must applaud you for making my day's, just that little bit better, every single time.

Oh And thanks for nearly getting me fired... Reading this stuff, while working in a CD store,

aparently is NOT A GOOD IDEA!!!

Brilliant as always Doghouse...

For the clones, I wonder if there is someway of portraying this kind of situation

http://3do.jediknight.net/dcm/strips/86.gif (hopefully linking this is ok)

:P

NemFX: Well this this is just Vaan Damage's personal first company banner so I'll see if I can do something more along those lines for the Chapter banner mate. ;)

If you're doing another banner - perhaps one to go with Brother Clutz's squad, can I suggest a clone struggling to get out of a banner which has wrapped around him....?

And are you gonna have terminators? It might be a brilliant opportunity for a few "technical difficulties" - think Space Balls where Mel Brooks ends up with his head on backwards after being transported somewhere...

By the way - love the warning sign.... perfect for this thread

Keep up the good work

Cheers

Widowmaker

hendrik: I'll see if I can work it in mate. ;)

MrGosh13: Sorry mate...I promise the next update won't be funny at all! ;)

OwenCrute: Yeah that's the idea mate!

Widowmaker: Thanks mate! That link made me laugh but you're right that's exactly the kind of thing that might happen or in the case of Vaan Damage has already happened in a much more sinister way.

At the moment I have the following worked out:

:HQ:

Command Squad

Chapter Master

Captain

Chief Librarian

Techmarine

Vulnerable Dreadnaught

SAPS (under new sm codex will be troops when it comes out but elite for now under codex Dark Angels)

Clones

High Holy Order of the Hidden Truth that is Truely Hidden (may become Sternguard veterans elite choice though).

:HS:

Fire Magnet

Fortress (of doom)

:FA:

Nothing definate yet but planning an infantry squad and landspeeder variant.

I haven't planned anything for terminators yet but probably will as they are part of the chapter.

THe naming part is hilarious (well, the whole thread is!). It made me remember the Imperial Armour Apocalypse book. It has a datasheet for multiple dreadnoughts. One of them is named Brother Ileum. According to Wikipedia, Ileum is:

"In anatomy of the digestive system, the ileum is the final section of the small intestine."

Talk about a bad name. How many "you're full of s**t" jokes can a marine take?

Phil

Archived