Cosmic Space Knights (of doom)

Doghouse

Thanks guys!

esinhorn: I like the pouches idea, I might have to use that. Spandex is pretty much set in a Lord of the Rings theme at the moment but I'll have to do some research on Harry Potter as I've never read the books or seen the films.

Asmodeus' Swordhand: There's not really enough room on the model because of all the battle damage but I may add one to the shoulder pad.

NemFX: I can see that turning into the how to use camoflage sketch already. :lol:

Brother Plasticard: It's a pretty weird army as it's sort of supposed to be a serious part of the 40k world as an army affected by chaos but at the same time has a very wacky feel that doesn't suit the dark future of war.

I'm confused and I'm the one making them so no idea what everyone else thinks.

Brother Cambrius: I think you might be right there. :lol:

All the slightly more outlandish characters are tied into the fluff of Spandex as he's the main reason that some of the chapter are a bit...well...let's say...special.

Just wait till you see Brother Sergeant Cindy and you'll see what I mean. ;) :lol:

Well supossedly the main head wizard in Harry Potter in the books was gay.

You could run with that give him a feather boa make his badge a rainbow

if you are going to call him Spandex go all the way with it :lol:

WIP Spandex the Grey

Spandex is the Chief (and only) Librarian for the CSK(od). I have an epic backstory for him but I'm absolutely shattered and the best I can manage is that he is a wizardy bloke right now which is kind of disappointing really.

Some of you may be able to spot which really old plastic model I used to make him out of. The little stick he's holding is explained in the story...honest!

Is that the wizard from Warhammer Quest?

Doghouse, it is honestly humbling to see someone who can model and convert this well, and yet still take a dig at the universe we know and love so much. Although I don't think I've ever seen someone take the mick out of their own idea so well (Brother Bigscale.)

If you want to poke fun at Harry Potter, paint Spandex the Greys hat purple with stars and so forth, as Dumbledore had silly hats (having just flicked through HPatPS.) Yes apparently he was gay, but that's probably not relevant or particularly easy to model...

Oh, final idea for this project - do an Inquisitor painted in the Spanish colours running off, with "Nobody expects the Emperors Inquisiton!!" written on his cloak!

Oh, final idea for this project - do an Inquisitor painted in the Spanish colours running off, with "Nobody expects the Emperors Inquisiton!!" written on his cloak!

OF COURSE! Why didn't we think of them sooner??? :D Abd for those who didn't know what I meant by the Upper Class Twit of the Year Awards, watch this!

Cambrius

best thread i have ever read!(oooh, i can rhyme) doghouse, if you do go down the path of monty python, i can imagine brother sergeant meatshield saying "tis a scratch" after taking a bullet for his commander.

hope to see more soon brother!

But let's not forget guys that this army isn't meant to be a Monty Python chapter. Although some the suggestions sound great. :lol:

Keep it up Doghouse and I wait in fear to see Sergeant Cindy. :lol:

Cambrius

Keep it up Doghouse and I wait in fear to see Sergeant Cindy.

It'd be even worse if it was Sergeant Barbie....

Okay, an end to Python. How's about painting Spandex's hat like Rincewind? You know, with a big 'Wizzard' on it to remind everyone? :pinch:

Thanks for the suggestions and praise guys! :)

wokkers: That's the one mate! :)

Brother Cambrius: Brother Sergeant Cindy is lovely...sigh... ;)

Brother Cindy is a parody of a lot of the stuff me and Doctor Thunder were doing with female marines a while back. She's a result of part of the Spandex backstory like Brother Bigscale was but she's better looking.

Paladin7221: Spandex will be a parody of the magic side of the whole 40k pysker thing...except he's blagging it and has no powers what-so-ever.

Just to clarify a things a little here on the monty python-esq theme that seems to be coming across here I think that it's more to do with my own sense of humour being fairly...well...british really. :D

Once the army starts to develop the theme will become more coherant and it should all tie together. The goal for the army will be to set a parody of the whole gothic space knights aspect of space marines ultimately. I think that the misconception of the Holy Grail theme seems to have sprung from the SAPs and the walking shrubbery joke.

Hopefully once the Spandex fluff comes into play it'll set the project back on course as it's an important part of the army development. ;)

How did I miss this? I must say these are fantastic, not only are they great convertion jobs, but the way some of these made me laugh... damn, great stuff Doghouse, I look forward to seeing the rest of these goofballs :D

I love the "look" on that apothecarys face ..er..helmet. You can really see that he's thinking "what's..this?" or something similiar o.o

Thanks guys! :)

Grand Master SFDRF: :D

TeamLando: Yeah that's the idea, it's a sort of "Hmmm, not sure if I can fix this..." pose.

Rather than clog up this log with background material I've posted the update on the background material for Spandex over in the Liber Astartes forum as can be seen here in this link:

IA Update

Quick update

Brother Sergeant Meatshield

Just a very quick update to show some progress is being made on the command squad.

I'm working the washes on the armour and basecoatng the red and flesh areas, still early days but gettting there.

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b141/Doghouse12/Picture128.jpg

Hehe, thats great, poor meat shield. You should add some bullet or grenade fragment or [something] stuck into that bionic part of his head xD

He looks awesome either way, though. And btw. can't you take a group pic or something of all the guys? A real pain scrolling through all the pages when I show this army to my mates :huh:

Hehe, thats great, poor meat shield. You should add some bullet or grenade fragment or [something] stuck into that bionic part of his head xD

that would be awsome

add one of these single rockets from the missile launcher kit to the head and maybe an imperial guard missile which is bigger somewhere to the armour;)

Thanks guys! :huh:

Here's a group shot of the progress on the command squad so far, going from left to right in order of completion.

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b141/Doghouse12/Picture129.jpg

Here's a shot of the first members of the tactical squad lead by Brother Sergeant Rip Deltoid in the center. The plasma gunner is quite an old conversion and I may redo him to make him more dynamic after looking at him some more. At the moent he's jsut wearing oven gloves that he "borrowed" from the Monestary's kitchen.

I'm seriously scrabbling around for bits for these guys at the moment and they're made up of whatever I can find laying around including leftover Dark Angels or Chaos and spare squad upgrade sprues bits.

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b141/Doghouse12/Picture130.jpg

I've also found the Techmarine I started and will post pictures asap. :ph34r:

oven gloves?

did you say oven... gloves....

oh dear god i could die laughing right now :P

you cant make up that kind of character trait :D

well... you did... o.O

Thanks mate, glad you liked it! :)

The Techmarines

Way back in the days of when the CSK(od) thought that they were Space Wolves successors the Techmarines of got seriously into the spirit of things, they loved making oversized axes, being allowed to keep wolves as pets and being concidered all mysterious and magicky by the rest of the chapter, Chapter Serfs were treated as equals, it was a great time to be a Techmarine. But most of all they loved the beer!

Some might say that they loved it a little too much and as time passed they gradually spent more time drinking and playing drunken games like pin the servo-arm on the servitor than actually fixing stuff.

Ancient cerimonies and millenia of rituals were replaced with excuses like "if it starts playing up just give it a kick" or "it's supposed to look like that." The Techmarines began to realise that they had no idea how most of the Chapter's equipment actually worked and they were in serious trouble. Their problems grew with the destruction of the chapter homeworld and soon it looked as if all would be lost.

It could have been fate but quite by chance a Techmarine explorator team stumbled across a group of surviving squats whilst searching a local Tavern for lost and ancient technology in an attempt to save the chapter.

It became evident that the Squat race had been destroyed in some great disaster and in return for having somewhere to crash between violent drinking sessions they agreed to come work for the Techmarines as long as they didn't breing up the rather embaressing subject of Squat Biker Guilds, a matter that they were a bit sensitive about.

The Chapter soon had their vehicles up and running but their attempts to re-train the Techmarines in the lost arts of technology was proving less than successful. It was the brainchild of Thor Thorgrinson, a rather brilliant but foul tempered Squat Engineer that was to prove the saviour of the Chapter. Not only did he manage to cobble together the ancient and forbidden cloning machine but he also invented the Techmarine's Buddy Harness or TBH (he was good with machines but not so hot at naming them...).

The TBH is a servo harness that has a built in Machine Spirit that does most of the hard work for the techmarines and aids them in their work. The Techmarine just pretends to know what he's doing reciting passages from the Techmarine's Bumper Book of Techno-Babble and the harness does all the work.

WIP Techmarine and Servitors

Here are the first shots of my WIP Techmarine, my favourite organisation within the CSK(od) Chapter. The idea is that the Techmarine can't figure out how to turn on the Auspex and the Buddy harness is giving him pointers whilst he consults the user manual.

I came across the squats whilst hunting for parts and the idea of them being part of the chapter as counts as Servitors struck me as being too good an idea to pass up. :lol:

I've still got more arms to add and cameras and stuff for the Buddy Harness yet though.

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b141/Doghouse12/Picture133.jpg

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b141/Doghouse12/Picture134.jpg

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b141/Doghouse12/Picture135.jpg

Oh God, someone owes me a new spleen - I swear I laughed so hard that it's now on the floor somewhere. That Techmarine is just so fun! And until Talyn spotted it I flat out didn't see the oven gloves. A pity that you couldn't find a Catachan arm for Rip though - hey guys check out these guns!

In the grim darkness of the far future....hang on a minute!

Sorry about that mate! :lol:

Think I'm going to have to get public liability insurance for this army just in case! :lol:

Quick Update...

Just a quick update here, I've finished assembling the first combat squad!!!

I've just got to remove the icons from the foe-fether pattern bolters and do some minor GS work then I can get them primed.

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b141/Doghouse12/Picture136.jpg

I'm going to have to add a few more proxie marines to the army than I originally intended now as I'm running out of marine parts and will have to improvise.

Archived