Cosmic Space Knights (of doom)

Doghouse

Oh, there isn't enough words for these guys. So funny and thought out! I wish I had the spare parts to do things like this!

If there was one that I'd love to see is a marine sitting on a missile launcher like a toilet, large book in hand, looking thoughtfully as his does his business.

• 4 months later...

^_^ The Cosmic Space Knights (of Doom) return, and once again it's mayhem :P So, what's first on the list Doghouse?

EDIT: Had a reread and giggled myself silly from it. You truly are a great modeller. I'm almost tempted to make a squad of these guys... must resist... ;)

I was laughing so much my laptop ran out of battery! Whoops...

This is so funny, but also very well delivered. The toilet seat banner, the general quality of painting makes it so much funnier. If you were a really rubish painter I doubt it would quite as funny.

On another note, I love the rule 'Any model may have mold lines on their weapons and armour for free' Amen!

Air, Gone..... HHeeeuuHH.........choking...... with............laughter

Wonderful stuff! And consider bush scouts stolen! By the way have you thought a bout a heavy weapons guy? How about him looking down the muzzle of a missle launcher, slightly confused........It shot the first time but he pulled the trigger again and it didnt work. HMM? Maybe if he started banging on it with one of these pointy things out of his back pack?

this army is awesome! Oh, my... I laughted so hard...

And your proxy ork has given me the idea I needed for the theme of my ork models from Black Reach: Orks that believe themselves to be human space marines. Not to be played as part of any marine army, but a small army themselves.

:) :lol: ;) :lol: :lol: :lol: I am offically think Doghouse is brilliant. Not only did he do a useful tut on actual scale. He also did THIS. Now all together now. "EVERYONE, REMEBER WHERE WE PARKED" :lol:

Ok, now i'm starting to feel old - haven't seen this thread in ages, and after flicking through i've realised i've been on the B&C now for about a year - eep! Doghouse, we, your ever admiring public, demand more! (Rubber Cheques in the post)

Ekkanus

Prelude to War

In the darkest depths of the Vengist system the fleet assembled. Colossal Astartes battle barges, from which ornate and ancient spires that reached out from from their decks as though to stab the very heart of the stars themselves, majestically performed their final vector adjustments as they assumed battle formation.

Around them gathered the smaller vessels of the fleet. Strike Cruisers, the teeth of the attack that would tear the throats from their enemies, were alive with activity as their crews prepared the flight decks and powered up the vessels' formidable weapons batteries.

Each in turn themselves flanked by a small flotilla of support vessels and frigates that would provide protection should enemy fighter craft breach their formidable defences as the mighty Thunder Hawks disembarked to deploy the mighty warriors of the Chapter straight to the heart of their enemies.

Brother-Sergeant Hack Buzz saw could not help but feel pride swell in his twin hearts. Even a hardened combat veteran of the first war for Vengist IV could not help but be moved by such an awe inspiring spectacle as he took a moment to look out of the observation portal of the Strike Cruiser Planet Squisher before turning to address his men assembled on the flight deck.

"TODAY BROTHERS WE GO TO WAR!" He bellowed to the mass of genetically enhanced warriors that stood at attention before him, each clutching their Foe-fether pattern bolters across their chests.

This in itself was a sight to behold as they stood rank and file before their Thunder Hawk gun ships. A full company of the Emperor's finest weapon of retribution clad in full metallic plate armour, their faces hidden by the visors of their helmets he almost pitied their enemies.

A single disciplined roar drowned all other sound on the flight deck in response to his battle cry.

"Once again we have returned to Vengist IV my brothers, where three hundred of our brave battle brothers sacrificed themselves in the face of Xeno oppression" He continued as he walked along the first rank of the motionless Astartes.

"Once again we prepare to smite the foes of the Imperium but this time they face not one company but the full might of..."

Brother-Sergeant stopped in his tracks and slowly took one step backwards as he turned to face Brother Scrounger.

"What is that Brother Scrounger?" He remarked as he stared into the face of the Astarte.

"What's what Brother-Sergeant?" Scrounger enquired innocently.

"Your battle helmet, what's wrong with it?" He scowled at the unflinching warrior.

"This is artificer armour Brother-Sergeant. It's an MK II Crusade pattern battle helmet!" He grinned proudly to himself.

Brother-Sergeant Hacksaw took a moment to compose himself.

"Then why does it say rations across the front?" He enquired softly.

"It's an ancient High Gothic battle inscription from the time of the Great Crusade Brother-Sergeant!" He grinned "It means to ration the fury of the Emperor's finest amongst your foes; it's actually quite philosophical I think."

"It's a rations can isn't Brother Scrounger!" He sighed heavily.

"I don't understand Brother-Sergeant?" Scrounger replied innocently "This is an ancient and treasured relic of our great Chapter, an honoured and glorious reminder of heroes of old that I proudly wear into battle!"

"It's a ration can that you've drilled eye holes in so you can see where you're going isn't it, you haven't even got eye lenses in it"

Scrounger's head slumped forwards slightly like a child that had been caught red handed stealing cookies from the jar as he stared awkwardly at his feet.

"Yes Brother-Sergeant...but...but...Brother Bullet shield took my issue helmet because he lost his..."

"No I didn't you jerk!" A voice screamed out from the rear ranks of the assembled Astartes.

"Yes you did, Brother Body bag saw you take it!" Scrounger yelled as he turned around to face his brothers shaking his fist in anger "He told me you took it from my foot locker whilst I was asleep!"

“Body bag…you lying jerk, you were the one that took it!” Bullet shield protested, a commotion broke out in the rear ranks as the two warriors childishly began shoving each other.

“No I never!”

“BROTHERS!” Brother-Sergeant Hacksaw bellowed “Save your anger for the enemy, now get to your Thunder Hawks for now we go to war!”

“EVERYONE REMEMBER WHERE WE PARKED!” The company replied before turning to embark the mighty birds of war and prepared to take the fight to the enemy.

Honour would be restored and the fallen would be avenged.

Archived