WIP scrap/scratch built Khorne Dreadnought

Hey

It sucks that the SOB's that stole your dread weakened it. I have a lot of those chainswords and was thinking of doing something with them for my dread actually :lol: Just having a bit of trouble because they look really small in comparison to the Twin linked las cannons...I dunno what im gonna do tbh lol. Good luck anyway if i knew a way of getting these blades over to you i would lol.

From

The Red Dragon

i didnt get a chance to follow your thread before. your work is ingenious and creative. using sprues which most of us disgard let alone recycle is very clever and as to those guys that stole him and some other stuff of yours. i hope the holy inquisition find them and subject them to excruciating and painful interrorgation before dispatching them with a bolt pistol to the back of the neck. sorry for the raging words but the guy/guys were spineless cowards and you know what they probably have microscopic tackle which explains why they act like frelling *%$kers. glad you got the dreadnought back and i agree with you on not wanting to mess around with it even further. hope you are able to post pics of the MKII soon. good luck & merry xmas.

peace

Hey guys, thanks for the encouragement. The guy that stole the dread is in quite a lot of trouble apparently. I heard that there was a lot of stolen property found at his residence, so tough luck to him.

Red-Dragon, that is a very kind thought and I thank you. I am sure I will manage to get a couple off friends here though.

Kanan, I am really glad you like it so much. The MKII might be made sooner rather than later with the way things are going. I am hoping that I can get this finished soon. Although, I have also pledged to paint 950 points of my other CSM army for the Call of Chaos MKII, which, with the limited time I have may delay it a bit too. I guess we will have to wait and see what happens.

Cheers,

PLB.

Good that the guys who stole the Khornate Dread are in a lot of trouble, they deserve it. And I hope you manage to do this Dreadnought aside the MKII. Since I'm in there to, I have to get you distracted so you don't spoil my chances of winning! *Word Bearer planning evil plots*

youre most welcome dude. and you know what its karma, what goes around comes around. anyways good luck painting that army for call of chaos MKII. hope it goes well. i will be looking forward to anything you post up on your thread. takecare mate.

adios

This has been one of the most interesting topics I've ever read. :blush:

I mean, how often does something like this happen.

Baldric, congratulations on the newborn baby and the recovery of your fine dreadnought. I hope you don't mind if I take some inspiration from your Dread for my own little project. ;)

Lion El'Jonson, what do you mean spoil your chances of winning mate? I didn't think the CoCMKII was a comp. Oh well, lets see who gets their stuff finished first. ^_^ You better get a move on, I have my entire pledged 950 points undercoated and ready to paint. :o

Kanan, thanks mate, I just need someone to distract Lion El'Jonson so I finish my stuff before he finishes his, I now have even more of an incentive to work on my army. ^_^

Thanks Maratheus. I will have to reread the topic from start to finish and see how it flows as I think it would be a rather weird topic to read in one day instead of having followed it over the course of several months.

Feel free to pinch and copy ideas as you want, it is the reason I posted it here. As I said in my first post, the inspiration behind this whole project was a competition to make something out of sprue that my local GW had, but I missed out on.

Cheers,

PLB.

^_^ I have only 1 fully painted CSM, 1 basecoated model and a heck of a lot assembled ones... gotta get some speed in to this... Oh well hi Kanan... oh you mean like right now? Ah, sure I'll go watch a movie, why not...

Hehe well hope you get the favour of the Gods my corrupted friend

:D I have only 1 fully painted CSM, 1 basecoated model and a heck of a lot assembled ones... gotta get some speed in to this... Oh well hi Kanan... oh you mean like right now? Ah, sure I'll go watch a movie, why not...

Hehe well hope you get the favour of the Gods my corrupted friend

To be fair, most of it was assembled before I answered the call and I undercoated it that day. Since starting, I have assembled 1 biker and a 10 CSM Havoc squad and undercoated it.

Be blessed by the Dark Gods my brother.

Plaguelord Baldric, congratulations on the recent addition to your family. you are blessed. and i hope i can confound the heretic lol,

hey Lion El'Johnson how is your Dark Angel/Chaos contingent shaping up ideas wise? what have you got planned over the next few months? is there a thread where you have posted some pictures? anyways speak to you guys soon and have a merry xmas ok.

adios

Thanks Kanan, for the congrats and distracting Lion El'Johnson. :D I now have 2 chaos spawn... Ow, sorry dear... I mean children. :D I am lucky, they are both good kids, even with Nocholas having trouble with a lot of wind, he is still a lot better than our friends children, so we really can't complain.

lol, teach him to say these words i learned as a kid. "pardon me but that was not me it was my food that came up to say hello but now it has gone back down below!"

:D I think that would be a great thing to teach the kids just to drive the grandparent crazy. :D

I am planning on doing some work to the dread today, as long as the kids behave, and will post progress ( with pics if I still have my mates camera) later tonight.

that would indeed drive the grandparents nuts lol. and keep working whenever you have a moment. i look forward to seeing more of your pics whenever they go up. good luck mate

peace

Hehe well this sounds nice :P... umm yeah I have a link to my photbucket account :

http://s183.photobucket.com/albums/x188/maiden_ante/

Umm, is that Dawn of the dead Special edition with the extra extra material you've got in your hand there, Kanan? Umm, yeah I'd love to see it :D

Ah, jokes out of the way: I'm gonna look forward to your updates:)

Hey

If only we could send bitz via email youd have about 6 of those chainswords waiting in your inbox for you.Is postage to australia expensive from the uk,because if not i dont mind sending some over.Its all about sharing ideas as a gaming community and i dont see why it should be a problem :D So if you want me to try just ask.

From

The Red Dragon

P.S i look forward to updates :P

You have some really nice stuff there, Lion El'Jonson. Oooh, and wait for me, I want to watch Dawn of the dead Special edition with the extra extra material too. :whoops:

That's a very kind offer Red-Dragon, but it's okay, I am getting some off a few people here. Again, thank you so much for the kind offer.

I am looking forward to seeing updates on your work too, the dread and the rest of the army.

I haven't managed to do anymore work on this, I sat in front of it again, but had no ideas so I will wait until I get the extra parts before making another attempt.

• 1 year later...

Mega-saw-blade-bowling in with a small update :rolleyes: Really only a leg reposition at this point. Not sure on the final arm posing yet, but the "bowling a giant saw blade" pose was too funny to pass up. :P

http://i110.photobucket.com/albums/n117/Plaguelord_Baldric/Tutorials%20and%20WIPs/ScratchDread/DreadLeft161009.jpg

http://i110.photobucket.com/albums/n117/Plaguelord_Baldric/Tutorials%20and%20WIPs/ScratchDread/DreadFront161009.jpg

http://i110.photobucket.com/albums/n117/Plaguelord_Baldric/Tutorials%20and%20WIPs/ScratchDread/DreadRight161009.jpg

http://i110.photobucket.com/albums/n117/Plaguelord_Baldric/Tutorials%20and%20WIPs/ScratchDread/DreadBack161009.jpg

Just a little sketch of what I am planning for the feet. Now, I just need to locate the bits box with the parts for them :rolleyes:

http://i110.photobucket.com/albums/n117/Plaguelord_Baldric/Tutorials%20and%20WIPs/ScratchDread/DSCN1494.jpg

I thought it looked more like he was about to bowl his saw blade actually, Scarclaw ;). Had a few ideas for another arm along those lines too :)

Nah NemFX, the Warp Reapers already have 2 dreads (enough at this point), but I may make another dread to go with my Nurgle army. As for this dread, my brother will be buying it when it's finished, he has had his eye on it since I started making it :)

• 11 months later...

Well, almost a year after the last update on this, I am returning to it. I kind of fell out of the hobby not long after the last update, and have returned fresh with ideas brimming for this, and other projects. This time though, I plan on being more disciplined in my approach to the hobby, and limiting what I work on. I will be working on finishing this and my close combat spider defiler. I will also be painting up a small Nurgle army (made from left over bits I have) as practice, before returning to painting my Warp Reapers. Anyway, here is what I have done so far on my return.

Have done a little on the second DCCW. I am planning to add basic pneumatic structure to this, but probably nothing too fancy, as I intend to cover most of the pneumatics with protective plates.

http://i110.photobucket.com/albums/n117/Plaguelord_Baldric/Tutorials%20and%20WIPs/ScratchDread/img_0386.jpg

And have now also started working on the pneumatics for the lower leg sections. The front pneumatics will only be very basic, as they will be covered by the shin guards. The rear pneumatics will see some effort put in to try and make them look relatively realistic, though I'm not sure how well it will work out. At least I now have some idea of how I want them to look.

http://i110.photobucket.com/albums/n117/Plaguelord_Baldric/Tutorials%20and%20WIPs/ScratchDread/img_0387.jpg

Hopefully I will be able to keep the ideas for this flowing from now on, so I can keep the updates coming more frequently. I have had a lot of ideas for this, and this time have been writing them down straight away so I don't forget.

As always, comments and critiques always welcome.

Archived