Word Bearers

kikkala

These Terminators look great! I love the candles and the gloomy paint scheme.

A suggestion however, you may want to sculpt the candle flames so that they're bending and trailing behind the candles, for example, if the Termie is in motion.

• 1 month later...

@Captain Mick, lmyrick, lilgrim13

Thanks mates :lol:.

@Megalodon

The lil' ones got 25mm bases, and they can use them, if I'm right.

@TAS

My little annointed, if I may add :lol:. I've been thinking to split them to 2 squads, little ones with more ranged combat, and the big ones with more 'flaming' combat :lol:.

@Duodecimo

Thanks mate, the candle lights were originally like that, but I had the time to accidently to squash them at some point ;). Maybe next terminator won't see the same mistake...

Finally there was some time to get distracted from Iron Hands. Today morning I was like 'what to do' and I thought that The Angelus Sanctus and RazakelXII both have done/are doing their Dark Apostles. Since I don't have proper Dark Apostle. No, the 2 sorcerors aren't my Dark Apostles neither is the one with bionics. Apostle Time! Will I ever use the apostle in a game? Don't know about that, maybe he could be a Khârn substitute.

Speaking of Khârn, the pose in artwork is made from awesome, you know.

gallery_25055_1634_33810.jpg

And there is some terminators coming along too, I didn't forget them at all, I swear :lol: .

gallery_25055_1634_65236.jpg

For fun, Dark Apostle is big boy.

gallery_25055_1634_312223.jpg

:( Wow.... these Word Bearers are truly inspiring! Your conversion and painting skills are fantastic, and it's easy to tell that some thought and ingenuity has gone into these models. Bravo!

I've been out of the hobby for several years now, what with Real Life and all. It's stuff like this that reminds me of what I've been missing. When I eventually get enough cash together to be able to resurrect my gaming, I'll be nicking your red tutorial for sure. <_< My only criticism is that the Termies waists seem to be quite thin, is that a camera issue or will they be bulked out?

Just out of interest, what do you use to cut your models when you're inserting plasticard to ensure the cut is straight? Are you just careful with a knife or do you use a modelling saw? Sorry for the n00bish question, but when I was younger I never encountered truescaling y'see!

Good job mate.

- SOS -

From what i can tell on the Termie waist, it looks like Kik has only lengthened the existing the waist (it actually really does look that thin).

Since the Torso has an internal socket, it's sitting on the ball end on the legs which is where alot of the waist sizing becomes an issue.

@firestorm40k

Practice makes the master. It also helps, that you do the pose yourself, make sure that none sees you. :D

@RazakelXIII

Glad ya like it mate :).

@Dark Disciple

My vacations from hobby only takes couple of days :). Yeah, it was WB-lovin' time.

@DracoDarco

Thanks mate. I didn't know that Lorgars hair was black (sacriledge!). I took inspiration from kombat-unit's Lorgar illustration. Good to know anyway.

@Asmodeus' Swordhand

I'll shave off those 'thunderthighs', maybe tomorrowish, today I spent filling the gaps :P.

@TAS

I've noted that the experience comes when actually trying stuff :). Thanks for pointing out in termie question.

@Saint of Steel

Thank you, ingenuity perhaps, but thought, none at all :). Like TAS pointed out, I added more height by adding piece of plasticard on the balljoint, and other places too. In my opinion, when the torso is inserted on its place, at least I can't notice the thin waist.

And about the cutting, I've never given extra attention for cutting straight, I just go with the flow perhaps ;). Mostly it gets straight, maybe all the experience I got while chopping up stuff for my other army (iron hands) kicks in when I cut.

Continuing with fun project, which seems to be taking all the concentration from the Ironclad dread. It's not a problem :P .

gallery_25055_1634_292071.jpg

I just thought I'd let you know, both you and firestorm40k have inspired me to join the Ruinuous Powers. ;) I should get my first minis at the end of this week. I loved the termie with candles BTW. I want to see that Dark Apostle done! It looks flipping sweet!

@Ferrus Manus

Thanks mate, ye I sculpted them myself :). Check out Juckto's Legion of Damned modelling tutorial.

@blackblade68

Call of Chaos is strong indeed :).

@Biohazard

2nd termie is going to be one of 5 members of new squad, 1st member was done december, so wait till summer, the squad will be done by then :lol:.

@TAS

The 'unworthy' starts doing stuff, and maybe give some progress updates with his dark apostle :D.

More progress with apostle. The crozius arm is just for show, for now :).

gallery_25055_1634_59785.jpg

He's looking quite good so far Kikkala, very sleek which is a nice change.

I think I may just have to check out that skull tutorial.

Are you planing on going for a mace like crozius or the newer more staff like versions?

Disicple

I just happened to browse along your post, but I have to add one annoying detail.

Your terminators (And obliterators) should all be on the bigger bases, and I noticed some where on the smaller ones.

Still great conversion and paintwork, keep it up!

@lilgrim13

Thanks mate. That's green stuff alright :D. My green stuffing skills used to be awful at first, and with keen practice, they became average :).

@Dark Disciple

I'm not sure about the crozius yet, I'll scratchbuild crozius of course, but I'm not going to be hasty, as the crozius is one major keypoints that make every Dark Apostle special. I don't want to screw up. :rolleyes:

@TAS

Heey, you updated you thread man :P. I might be going with leaps and bounds, but you take your time, which is better in the long run, you know :D.

@Ferrus Manus

You may quess what legion I will recommend :)...

@krewl

Thanks mate, if I'm correct, the obliterator and older edition terminator are allowed to be wielded in the bases, because their blisters/boxes included corresponding bases.

Lil' update tonight, I started to positioning the crozius arm, and I sculpted a chaos star to shoulder pad, after it dries, I'll make it more 'edgy'.

gallery_25055_1634_160148.jpg

gallery_25055_1634_100668.jpg

Archived